Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Primavera : 21st Sep 2021 at 10:24 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default BodyShop Crashes After Uninstalling Clean UI + 4GB Patch Missing
I will preface: I didn't make a backup of my original BodyShop.exe before I installed the Clean UI by SmugTomato, although I don't think it would've made a difference .

So I attempted to use the Clean UI, but my antivirus kept flagging it as a trojan (McAfee). I had no idea how to whitelist it, so I uninstalled it. Minutes later I opened my original BodyShop, only for it to crash on Create A Sim. No matter what tab I would click on, it was an instant crash. Looking over the crash logs I noticed my memory & free memory for BodyShop was listed at 2048. I had dreadpirate's baked in George patch for a long time and never experienced a crash like this up until today. The original download leads to a dead link, and the google drive version says the .zip is infected with a virus, and I don't have the actual download on my desktop so now I'm stuck . I don't wanna risk trying to bypass the google drive warning because I'm not sure if it has a virus or not, so can anyone help me figure out how to get the 4gb patch back on BodyShop?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 12:47 AM
Have you deleted cache files at any point? Those could definitely cause crashes and other issues.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you deleted cache files at any point? Those could definitely cause crashes and other issues.

My Groups and Cigen caches are on read-only, I tend to delete the Accessory cache every now and then, but even after doing that BodyShop still crashes. Before 5pm today BodyShop never crashed until I tried making the Clean UI work. I've included the crash log for you to look at too.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TS2BodyShop 2021.09.20 19.52.43.txt (13.1 KB, 5 downloads)

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 1:14 AM
Have you checked if McAfee has quarantined any sims files? That could be the cause of the crashes.

Bodyshop only needs the 4GB patch to work, not the "other" patch (that's just the game EXE), so what you probably need is a working M&G Bodyshop file. The 4GB patch can be applied with the patcher (here: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371 ) or the CFF Explorer program.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 1:22 AM Last edited by Primavera : 21st Sep 2021 at 1:48 AM. Reason: added more info
Have you checked if McAfee has quarantined any sims files? That could be the cause of the crashes.

Bodyshop only needs the 4GB patch to work, not the "other" patch (that's just the game EXE), so what you need is a working M&G Bodyshop file. The 4GB patch can be applied with the patcher (here: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371 ) or the CFF Explorer program.

McAfee only quarantined the Clean UI.exe, as of now there's no other sims files listed in the quarantine section. And I have downloaded the patcher from NTCore, just not sure how to use it. But I've also ran into another problem; the game itself won't open, it'll close itself after getting halfway through the loading screen . I got no error message either, it just disappeared. McAfee seems to be fine, it didn't warn me it quarantined anything. It seems the 4gb patch is still in effect for the game itself, my memory reads as 4096 (free memory says 3896, odd), and I don't have to go through origin in order to launch the game.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 2:04 AM
This video shows how the patch works: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641
(you can use it for both the game EXE and Bodyshop EXE).

And just to be on the safe side, check if any of the install folders have been changed today/yesterday (whenever this happened), just so you're sure no files have been touched.

You can also try to temporarily move out the The Sims 2 folder and let the game regenerate a new one, just to see if something is off in the saved game - or if it's the install files that's the problem.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 2:21 AM
This video shows how the patch works: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641
(you can use it for both the game EXE and Bodyshop EXE).

And just to be on the safe side, check if any of the install folders have been changed today/yesterday (whenever this happened), just so you're sure no files have been touched.

You can also try to temporarily move out the The Sims 2 folder and let the game regenerate a new one, just to see if something is off in the saved game - or if it's the install files that's the problem.

Ok I installed the patch.. but BodyShop still crashes . My log says I have 4096 of memory, but free memory is 2248. And the only thing I've changed in my installation folders was the CSBin and TSData as it was required to do so for the Clean UI mod to work. I removed the files after it wouldn't work and I had to change the CSResources.ini file to reflect this. And I've moved my folder out to launch the game again, it still closed without warning. It looks like I may have to do a complete uninstall in order to fix this because nothing's working sadly.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 2:36 AM
Have you reset everything back to how it was before the CleanUI?

If you have the game via Origin you can try the "repair game" function first - it's supposed to reset any changed files in the install location, and it's faster than a reinstall (make sure you backup any files you want to keep just in case, including your saved game, any CC hanging out in your install folders so you don't have to go hunting it down, and GraphicRules if you have that, so you don't have to do that step all over again - unless anything was changed for the CleanUI).
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 3:24 AM Last edited by Primavera : 21st Sep 2021 at 4:30 AM.
Have you reset everything back to how it was before the CleanUI?

If you have the game via Origin you can try the "repair game" function first - it's supposed to reset any changed files in the install location, and it's faster than a reinstall (make sure you backup any files you want to keep just in case, including your saved game, any CC hanging out in your install folders so you don't have to go hunting it down, and GraphicRules if you have that, so you don't have to do that step all over again - unless anything was changed for the CleanUI).

I forgot that feature exists . So far my game loaded up fine, everything appears to be in order, like my neighborhoods, my lighting mod, my camera mod. I launched it from origin itself just to test it. The resolution went back to the default, but I have a backup of my graphicsrules. Bodyshop is also fixed! I now have to put the 4gb patch back in.

EDIT: got my 1920x1080 resolution back, my log says I have 4096 memory (free memory now says 2964, I hope this doesn't become an issue).

EDIT 2: Bodyshop has been updated to have 4gb of memory again like before 5pm today, so I won't run into any surprise crashes :D. Thank you for your help @simmer22, everything's back to normal.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads