Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 7:04 AM
Default Pocahontas Thread
Y'know, to talk about all things Pocahontas, link to fan clubs, post pretty fan art etc.
There'll be one of these for all the movies that I can think of. If I missed one out then just start it yourself!

Pocahontas was my favourite when I was little.
She was so epic back then. It was all "yeah, stop fighting or I'll bust your nut, kthx".

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 1:56 PM
yay Pocahontas!
I freakin love pocahontas, I really do.
She was so strong willed, which was different from other disney heroines at the time. which is really cool.

But I still find this video pretty hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdzr0mXYD0g

so funny!

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaylo2112
yay Pocahontas!
I freakin love pocahontas, I really do.
She was so strong willed, which was different from other disney heroines at the time. which is really cool.

But I still find this video pretty hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdzr0mXYD0g

so funny!

OMG THAT WAS HILARIOUS.
I never realised how gay Ratcliffe was. Oh, and I would so have like to see him hang... Preferably at the hands of Clopin, who unfortunately would be about 200 when Pocahontas was set.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:43 PM
Pocahontas i love her cute face :D

Knight Of The Moon
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:50 AM
I love her free spirit. (:
I'm currently reading a novel about her life written by a direct descendant. :DDD
It's pretty hardcore. ((((:

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 7:45 PM
When I learnt Pocahontas was a real person, I was like "yeah, I don't care."
Because last time I found out a film was based on fact, I was not happy with what I found out. ie, Anastasia is dead. THOUGH, I do love Rasputin's death. It makes for lolage reading because my mum has this amazing book about the History of Russia up to the revolution that's written like a story rather than a list of dates. I love how the guy trying to kill him is like "WTF? HOW IS HE STILL ALIVE?!"

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 2:34 PM
The story is actually pretty awesome, though a bit more gruesome than I thought. :D

Anastasia's story is so sad! The poor girl was tortured and killed in front of her family. D: But it is true that a few year's later many girls came forward and said they were the surviving girl. Many men came forward and said they were her little brother as well. (Many tried to pull this off because neither of their bodies have been recovered. Though few believed the boy could be alive because he suffered with a blood disorder.) And one girl was widely thought to REALLY be Anastasia, it was later proved she wasn't of course, but Russia just wanted to believe. Sadd. As with the movie though, I super enjoy it. I like to pretend it's a different story. :D

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 9:50 AM
There was a show on a few years ago where they found some remains in a forest, DNA'd them and found out they were Anastasia and her little brother. Like, they're undeniably dead now. Well, they'd be dead anyway, but y'know.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 8:15 PM
REALLY?! Freakin' gruesome. :O

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 8:21 PM
Heh when I was a kid, I had a mini Pocahontas toy and an "adult" one. The big one was the mom and she was married to The Rock (the wrestler) lol. The mini one dated Eric from the little mermaid and were happily ever after forever! Anastasia tried to steal him once, but neither one were having it!