Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Intro

by Rick Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:16 AM - Updated 13th Nov 2010 at 7:49 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Fixing install instructions.

353 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 236 Feedback Posts, 116 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 15
Test Subject
#51 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:20 AM
Thanks! I was getting hyper that I could not evade them, but you saved the day.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:28 PM
Thanks! It was enough for me to see the intro once :-D
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:20 PM
This Isnt working for me at all , keeps giving me an error when i try to extract into the directories

The real trouble with reality is that there's no diamond above our heads
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:14 PM
Fuck!!!!! I Downloded It Into The Root File And The WinRAR Said I Had Two Did I Want To Keep Both I Said No And I Downloded Your's Now My Game Comes On And Turns Off ;; .i'm Not Stupid I Know How To Downlode Stuff ,tell Me How To Remove You'rs And Get My Old One Back
It Went To "gameplay.package.
Help!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hellosexy
Fuck!!!!! I Downloded It Into The Root File And The WinRAR Said I Had Two Did I Want To Keep Both I Said No And I Downloded Your's Now My Game Comes On And Turns Off ;; .i'm Not Stupid I Know How To Downlode Stuff ,tell Me How To Remove You'rs And Get My Old One Back
Help!

Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#56 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM
Help!
The only real way to do that is to reinstall the game - just don't delete your save game data and you should be fine.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:32 PM
it replaced the file i did not back up my original file :/
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM
never mind i'm going to return this game and swapit for a new one .sigh but i learned to back my files up .for the 3rd time ,yeah !!
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#59 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:18 AM
never mind i'm going to return this game and swapit for a new one .sigh but i learned to back my files up .for the 3rd time ,yeah !!
Uhhh, why didn't you just reinstall the game like I suggested?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:36 AM
oh gosh darnit
im kinda having the same problem except that the game comes on and while im creating my sim its shuts off...any pointers??

Help!

.: don't expect from me what you would from other people, it's just not possible :.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#61 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiMiN86
im kinda having the same problem except that the game comes on and while im creating my sim its shuts off...any pointers??
Doesn't sound like this a problem with this mod; It does nothing other than disabling the intro videos, so anything after the game has loaded is unlikely.

Have you confirmed that this problem showed up after installing the mod?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:47 AM
hmmm will look into that and yeah only after i installed but thanks for the info maybe ill try to reinstall

.: don't expect from me what you would from other people, it's just not possible :.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
Uhhh, why didn't you just reinstall the game like I suggested?

i just did that becouse i had to uninstall it to swap it so i figured why not reinstall and wala ! you was correct , thanks
Field Researcher
#64 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:35 PM
Thank you very, very much Rick!!!
This works fine for me and it's really a MUST HAVE

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Scholar
#65 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:02 PM
Why would people need this? I've never watched a game intro in my life. I just hit enter and it goes straight into loading the game.

Are you telling me nobody ever tried that all the way through sims 2? lol. No need to have extra mods when the enter key on the keyboard does it
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#66 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
Why would people need this? I've never watched a game intro in my life. I just hit enter and it goes straight into loading the game.

Are you telling me nobody ever tried that all the way through sims 2? lol. No need to have extra mods when the enter key on the keyboard does it
The first intro video is unskippable.
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:18 AM
Very cool...Has anyone made a version that cuts out the Guitar music notes yet?
Scholar
#68 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
The first intro video is unskippable.

What the wee bit with the plumb bobs all joining up? I need that bit to stretch over for a cig and my tea
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:17 AM
This works fabulously.. but, I have one question well, sort of a request could you make another one that leaves the plumpbob intro?

Hey, it can't hurt to ask right? :lovestruc

Big thanks for sharing your hard work.

~Vanilla~
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 6:57 AM
Thanks it works great!
Test Subject
#71 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:05 AM
Thank you!!!
I hate the intro!
Scholar
#72 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vanilla_Sim
This works fabulously.. but, I have one question well, sort of a request could you make another one that leaves the plumpbob intro?

Hey, it can't hurt to ask right? :lovestruc

Big thanks for sharing your hard work.

That's what I meant by my comment above. If you only want to get rid of the video intro you don't need a hack. As soon as the plumb bob intro finishes just click enter on your keyborad, the game will load without the video intro.

Rick, hope you don't mind me saying this
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#73 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fluttereyes
That's what I meant by my comment above. If you only want to get rid of the video intro you don't need a hack. As soon as the plumb bob intro finishes just click enter on your keyborad, the game will load without the video intro.

Rick, hope you don't mind me saying this
I don't (it'd be silly of me to have a problem with it anyway).
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:06 AM
i was hoping this skipped past the whole intro and load screen .i dont mind the plum bob intro ii think it's cute .
Theorist
#75 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:44 AM
I have put it in my Mods\Packages and it crashs
I even tried putting it in the root folder and it just doesnt work then.
Page 3 of 15