Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated Rideable Tricycle - Requested

by rebecah Posted 19th Aug 2007 at 9:38 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2008 at 7:37 PM by rebecah : Added Non EP Version and fixed errors

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 135 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Scholar
Original Poster
#76 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by InvaderxxZim
Ok thanks.
Well can you send me a link.
It is hard to find my way around on that site.

I found her. I too have a hard time finding things on that site.

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=52036
Test Subject
#77 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 1:51 AM
thanks.
She is cute ^.^
Test Subject
#78 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:56 PM
Hello. Awesome creation, it's great that you put the fitness skill. But anyway I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I thought I would let you know. When I put the files in my downloads folder my game worked fine until I went to create a family and clicked on to make a sim and then it crashed...i tried it a couple times and the same thing happened. I took all the files out and the game ran smoothly again. I've had no problems with your other creations though. It my just be my game or computer but I thought I would let you know anyway.

Jackie
Forum Resident
#79 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:39 PM
wowza you're talented!!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Scholar
Original Poster
#80 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by opal666
Hello. Awesome creation, it's great that you put the fitness skill. But anyway I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I thought I would let you know. When I put the files in my downloads folder my game worked fine until I went to create a family and clicked on to make a sim and then it crashed...i tried it a couple times and the same thing happened. I took all the files out and the game ran smoothly again. I've had no problems with your other creations though. It my just be my game or computer but I thought I would let you know anyway.

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

Please try the noep version. If you still have problems with it please let me know. Most crashes are due to not having the EP required but I'm fairly sure the noep version should work with the base game.

Thanks for your report and comments!

Rebecah
Field Researcher
#81 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 9:23 PM
The errors have stopped on exit as long as I tell the toddler/child to ride. But if they ride it autonomously, they still get this error on exit.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t453869.rar (12.2 KB, 11 downloads)

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Scholar
Original Poster
#82 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicmoon
The errors have stopped on exit as long as I tell the toddler/child to ride. But if they ride it autonomously, they still get this error on exit.

Did you install Bon Voyage? I see that the problem seems to be in the personal globals. It seems maxis has recoded the globals that control animations and no longer have a fallback animation, which is causing all kinds of problems with custom content. I have spent several days trying to figure out what some of these changes are and what can be done to fix them.

Thanks for your report and if I can figure out a way to work around this I'll repost.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 12:35 AM
No, I'm still running Seasons.

First, every time a Sim exited the bike or tricycle, an error occured. Then you fixed it. But the fix only works when a Sim is directed to ride it. If a Sim uses it autonomously, it still always throws an error on exit.

Running: Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT & AL. Patched.
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 1:28 AM
Thanks magicmoon! I've tried a few things but can't seem to figure out what is causing this...I am still trying to fix it.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 9:33 AM
I love this tricycle....but I can't seem to find it in game....I have base game only and where's the "General/All" folder?????
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 8:10 PM
The animation you used is so creative and I love how it turned out. Thank You so much.

I'm not sure I saw Bon Voyage mentioned so I'll test it out for you and see how that hold out. I have all EPs and All SPs.

:lovestruc , Chibi

My love for you was so deep, It nearly destroyed me.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 2:21 AM
For me, this item only appears the first time I hit miscllaneous ( and it appears all by itself. as if it is the only item in miscellaneous). If I hit any subcategory, including chidren, the bike is not there. Anyone else had this problem? I removed the other tricycle thinking they were conflicting, but I still can't get to this item when I want it!! Check your catergorizing-- there has to be something there making it do that.

Necromancy is Good
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 2:15 AM
and to think, i just wanted a decoration (YA!) you rock rebecah!
Scholar
Original Poster
#89 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BrigitteSYW
I love this tricycle....but I can't seem to find it in game....I have base game only and where's the "General/All" folder?????

I have found this does not work with the base game. I'm working on one that does.
Scholar
Original Poster
#90 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kazzandra
For me, this item only appears the first time I hit miscllaneous ( and it appears all by itself. as if it is the only item in miscellaneous). If I hit any subcategory, including chidren, the bike is not there. Anyone else had this problem? I removed the other tricycle thinking they were conflicting, but I still can't get to this item when I want it!! Check your catergorizing-- there has to be something there making it do that.

Please redownload the file. The one you are referring to was my first version. Unless you only have the base game. I will be posting a new non EP as soon as I get it done.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 1:17 AM
Thanks for supporting this download! It's wonderful!

Necromancy is Good
Field Researcher
#92 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 4:02 AM
This is the cutest thing! I can't wait to try it out, and thanks for making this.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 7:34 AM
I am running OFB, Nightlife, Seasons and BV and it works great! The giggle is the cutest!

You have faith in God, Whose power will protect you until the last day. Then He will save you, just as He has always planned to do.
1 Peter 1:5

Test Subject
#94 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 12:11 AM
Rebecah, this is just amazing and by far one of my favorite things for my tots. They have a ball with it and its so cute to watch them zip around the yard.
Top Secret Researcher
#95 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 5:40 AM
I love this thank you, but I also can't seem to find it,
will check again today.
Scholar
Original Poster
#96 Old 9th Nov 2007 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by funkeymonkey22003
I love this thank you, but I also can't seem to find it,
will check again today.

Please redownload the noep version. I just replaced it. It is found under Knowledge/Exercise
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 5:13 PM
AAAW, thats so cute

Swedän rules, not.
Test Subject
#98 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 2:00 AM
Hi Rebecah,
I've been using your trike for a while now and haven't had any problems untill this little one appeared and stumped me. (I have all EPs except Bon Voyage, incase that matters.)
I had my toddler riding the trike, and his teenage step sister was playing with a remote control car at the same time. They didn't interfere with each other, until my toddler got off the trike and it disapeared! It just wasn't there anymore! I figure it might have something to do with the remote control car and the trike being from the same object.
I wasn't really that fussed because my toddler grew up that evening and he is the youngest, so i didn't need the trike anymore, I just thought i'd let you know about my mysterious disapearing tricycle.

Other than that, this mod is by far my favourite, I love all your other toddler things too!

"That is a pretty crazy cake isn't it?" "Probably because its not Kosher." The musings of a 6 year old.
Scholar
Original Poster
#99 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gothic_Rock_Faerie
Hi Rebecah,
I've been using your trike for a while now and haven't had any problems untill this little one appeared and stumped me. (I have all EPs except Bon Voyage, incase that matters.)
I had my toddler riding the trike, and his teenage step sister was playing with a remote control car at the same time. They didn't interfere with each other, until my toddler got off the trike and it disapeared! It just wasn't there anymore! I figure it might have something to do with the remote control car and the trike being from the same object.
I wasn't really that fussed because my toddler grew up that evening and he is the youngest, so i didn't need the trike anymore, I just thought i'd let you know about my mysterious disapearing tricycle.

Other than that, this mod is by far my favourite, I love all your other toddler things too!

Hi Gothic_Rock_Faerie,

This is a mystery to me too. I have had a few people tell me about these items disappearing and I just have not been able to figure out the problem. They usually disappear for me when they are being riden and I exit my game. I can only guess that it was the remote control car that may have some type of conflict. Thanks for reporting and I will try to duplicate this to see if I can get an error report. Usually mine just disappear and there isn't an error report to try to track the problem down.

Thanks so much for taking the time to report the issue. I really appreciate it very much.

Cheers,
Rebecah
Test Subject
#100 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 2:57 AM Last edited by laurasue : 1st Dec 2007 at 3:52 AM. Reason: Correction
Love the tricyle, so adorable. But I came across a problem! I have all EPs and stuff packs installed (including BV and Teen Style Stuff), and I had a toddler use the trike. At some point the trike disappeared (disappeared from the queue as well), and the toddler was left floating in the air. I tried to move him with moveobjects and fix it that way, and could not. I've tried tinkering around and I can't get it fixed. I'd hate to have to delete the toddler, I really liked him. Is there any advice you could give?

EDIT: I apologize, I was wrong. The action has not disappeared from the queue, it is X'd, but won't actually remove itself from the queue. Sorry for the edit.
Page 4 of 7