Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dresscode by Consort

by Consort Posted 23rd May 2012 at 6:52 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2013 at 3:55 AM by Consort

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 25th May 2012 at 3:11 PM
Thank you for this useful mod but since i have my game installed in french would it be possible to have a french translation for this mod if its possible Please thank you for this very useful mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 25th May 2012 at 7:13 PM
Amazing! Great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:07 PM
This is great! hate my sims running around in their swimsuit when guest are in the house.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:13 PM
i dont know where to extract the file to, first time with mods... can someone help me please!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 25th May 2012 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkpunk1299
i dont know where to extract the file to, first time with mods... can someone help me please!

You could try clicking "install instructions"
The mod is a .package file, so you will probably need to install the framework. Also make sure your game is patched to the latest 1.33 patch level.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#56 Old 26th May 2012 at 2:01 AM
What a cute idea! Is really useful for Insane Sims who NEVER know when to dress for the occasion--they go swimming in their tuxedos!
Test Subject
#57 Old 26th May 2012 at 2:54 AM
Possible enhancement: Allow multiple categories of clothing. If the sim's outfit is in category A, B or C, ok; otherwise, change it into category B outfit. The code to do this should be pretty simple. The menu to select multiple categories might be harder, but it should be possible; some of NRaas's mods use that type of menu.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EminenceFront
Also, would it be possible to switch to not just Everyday 1, but also Everyday 2 and 3?

I like this idea.
Test Subject
#59 Old 26th May 2012 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
I like this idea.

Yes. I've craved it for well over a year now. I think that your mod is the route for that endeavour.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:07 PM
i have tryed your mod 2 time but when i go to click on the Sign to change the clothes categorie for the dress code mod i did as instructed the Sign is unclickable for me as i would like my sims to change there clothes as soon as they are home like for exemple there sleepwear after a bath? thank you for your help

hello everyone and have a great day
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#61 Old 26th May 2012 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pierreandreply4
i have tryed your mod 2 time but when i go to click on the Sign to change the clothes categorie for the dress code mod i did as instructed the Sign is unclickable for me as i would like my sims to change there clothes as soon as they are home like for exemple there sleepwear after a bath? thank you for your help

Are you in live-mode (not build-mode) when clicking the sign?
Did you check if your patch-level is 1.33?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#62 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:10 AM
Version 2 released

Added functionality: What EminenceFront suggested. You can now select the desired outfit index.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:32 AM
thank you and i was in live mode not in buy mode will be trying the new version
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 27th May 2012 at 1:53 AM
So awesome, well done, thank you <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 28th May 2012 at 6:39 PM
wow, this is awesome.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 29th May 2012 at 11:07 AM
Just what I was after! I wanted to make my own world, but CAW has never worked for me. Thanks!
Test Subject
#67 Old 30th May 2012 at 8:18 PM Last edited by adentonclark : 8th Jun 2012 at 3:06 AM.
Comment on V.2: Switching to Everyday 2 for Sims without a #2 outfit: My controlled characters switched to Everyday 1 (as advertised), but a couple of non-controlled characters (one created by me, the other came with the town) switched to newly (randomly) created Everyday outfits. This does not bother me personally, just giving feedback. I love love love this mod.

edit 7Jun12:
After further playing, I have not seen this problem again. Maybe I missed something else that was going on that first time. Everything seems to work perfectly.
Test Subject
#68 Old 30th May 2012 at 9:46 PM
Version 2 released

Added functionality: What EminenceFront suggested. You can now select the desired outfit index.

Fantastic!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 30th May 2012 at 10:57 PM
This isn't working for me, which is odd. I did everything right, downloaded file, extract, Mods, Package and config file. Item shows up in Build Mode, I can place it but there is no available interaction. Just a bunch of jumble words and characters on mouse over. Is it possible to fix? I really need this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 31st May 2012 at 2:39 AM
This is such a fantastic idea! Thankyou!

I was just wondering if maybe this could be used for school uniforms. Instead of manually going in to every child/teen's wardrobe, would there be a way to set like, a default outfit for fchild mchild fteen mteen to change into when they enter an area (school)?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#71 Old 31st May 2012 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by adentonclark
Comment on V.2: Switching to Everyday 2 for Sims without a #2 outfit: My controlled characters switched to Everyday 1 (as advertised), but a couple of non-controlled characters (one created by me, the other came with the town) switched to newly (randomly) created Everyday outfits. This does not bother me personally, just giving feedback. I love love love this mod.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll have a look.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#72 Old 31st May 2012 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Addicted2CC
This isn't working for me, which is odd. I did everything right, downloaded file, extract, Mods, Package and config file. Item shows up in Build Mode, I can place it but there is no available interaction. Just a bunch of jumble words and characters on mouse over. Is it possible to fix? I really need this mod!

Could you check your patch level?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#73 Old 31st May 2012 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThePhantomFly---x
This is such a fantastic idea! Thankyou!

I was just wondering if maybe this could be used for school uniforms. Instead of manually going in to every child/teen's wardrobe, would there be a way to set like, a default outfit for fchild mchild fteen mteen to change into when they enter an area (school)?

Twallan's MasterController can do this: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/message...137984#54169444
His StoryProgression mod also has functionality to make kids change to formal when going to school.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 2:00 PM
Downloaded this and tested it. Works like a charm. It always bugged me that sims stay in their work clothes or in formal wear all the time. I have placed the sign to the laundry, the market and the library and set to everyday. Now sims will change to everyday.
Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 5:10 PM
Could you check your patch level?

I just refreshed my Sims Updates page today and it installed a new update. My version says 12.0.273.016001. I tried your mod again with no success.

What is the link of updates you forwarded me? Are they different from what would normally show up when I refresh the updates page on the launch screen?
Page 3 of 8