Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meshing Toolkit - version 1.4.9 uploaded 12/20/2018

by CmarNYC Posted 26th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2018 at 3:05 PM by CmarNYC

296 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 12
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 4:18 PM
You mean automatically making a lower lod mesh from a higher one? Milkshape has a built-in tool that works well and here's a tutorial from Bloom on how to use it:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=429672

You can use the Toolkit Auto-bones tool to do the bone assignments using the lod1 mesh as reference if necessary, and make the morphs with Auto-morph.

While I'd like to add this to Toolkit, I'm afraid the math involved is beyond me at this time.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 5:17 PM
Thanks Cmar! I look forward to trying this out next time I work on a mesh. This should make the morph creation much easier! :0)
Test Subject
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 7:17 PM
I know you've probably heard it a thousand times, but
I REALLY LOVE YOU!!!!
XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 8:06 AM Last edited by Cat_Kira : 4th Aug 2012 at 9:07 AM.
CmarNYC
Thank you so much!

but...
there are some problems...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 3:45 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Aug 2012 at 4:41 AM.
Thanks for reporting this, Kira.

What did you use as the reference mesh? The dog body or another accessory? Dog body would probably give better results - a collar won't have all the bones you need for the scarf to fit over the shoulders and chest.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 11:28 AM
CmarNYC
Yes, I have tried almost all options and base meshes and was able to do everything as it needed, your programm works great!
But the problem with the fur spoil all work =))
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:11 PM
Do you mean clipping in the fur? As far as I can tell, the fur is a morph so it's not easy to tell where to position your accessory and it may not look right with different fur lengths. The collars don't seem to morph, they're a separate head/neck mesh. It may be possible to tie an accessory morph to the fur morph but I haven't gotten that far yet.

If it's something else, please let me know - I'm working on Pets-specific tools on and off.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 11:38 PM
can someone please tell me what this does?
Scholar
#34 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:04 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 7th Aug 2012 at 8:59 AM.
I'm Sorry I have to report this, but the some of the auto assign morphs works well. I tested this and the only problem so far is when I Use any kind of pregnant base mesh and reference it crashes. It doesn't matter how I try the lods are blank. when I don't use the pregnant morph as a reference , the fit, fat and thin works perfectly so far.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 1:41 AM
I've tested and haven't had this happen with pregnant morphs. Could you upload one of the reference base mesh/pregnant morph mesh pairs you've had crashing with?
Scholar
#36 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 9:16 AM
Okay, Here's the base mesh, base reference mesh & the pregnant reference mesh.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  afBottomNude_special (BEGO).7z (190 Bytes, 18 downloads)
File Type: 7z  9b_afBottomPantsCapri_cargo_lod1 (Base Mesh).7z (26.6 KB, 15 downloads)
File Type: 7z  afBottomNude_lod1 (Reference Mesh).7z (17.3 KB, 16 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 1:52 PM
The problem is that there's no actual morph in that BGEO - the game has no nude pregnant morph but there's an empty BGEO. (There's a LOT of empty or non-functional files that came with the game.) The popup asking which lod you want to use comes up empty because there's no data available - I'll change that in the next version to specifically tell the user what the problem is.

I'm attaching the BGEO for the custom pregnant nude bottom that's available here on MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=371019
Scholar
#38 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 10:05 PM
Yay! It worked perfectly! And thanks for the link.
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 4:42 AM
OMFG OMFG OMFG
A thousand flapping thanks, each perfectly-shaped
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 3:55 PM
This tool is so amazing, it kinda saved my ass!

It's...oh my god. Thank you so so so much!
You are, by far, the most amazing person ever ♥
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 9:55 PM
I got a little problem or glitch when I franken meshed my outfit.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2u7qfpe.jpg

There is a gap between her neck and her head...Not quite sure what to do now.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 2:12 AM
That's a meshing problem -you need to match up the neck to the head in Milkshape. Are you converting an adult mesh to teen or vice-versa? This is a common problem with conversions.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
That's a meshing problem -you need to match up the neck to the head in Milkshape. Are you converting an adult mesh to teen or vice-versa? This is a common problem with conversions.

No, I just took a shirt-mesh and put the jacket on it. I didn't change anything on the shirt, that's why I'm so clueless why this happened
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Aug 2012 at 11:02 AM
Does the gap change when you change the fat/fit/thin sliders? Have you tried combining the meshes in Milkshape with no morphs and seeing if the gap appears without using Frankenmesh?
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#45 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 5:25 PM
Congrats on the feature, Cmar! :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#46 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 10:50 PM
Thanks! I'm very happy about it.
Banned
THANKS POST
#47 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 1:45 AM
Congratulations on getting featured. It's well deserved!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 6:44 AM
I don't know why I didn't see this when you first uploaded it, but THANK YOU! I think you've just made my life a lot easier. And thanks for the great tutorial, too.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 11:33 AM
*Smashes the thanks button* This will give me something new to try out, thanks!
Instructor
#50 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 7:01 PM
This is amaaaaazing! I wonder if you would also be able to make a bone tool that will allow us to make new bone-based sliders. Delphy's original tool broke when the Pets patch came out and it hasn't been updated since.

If you could come out with a new tool, that would be awesome!

This space intentionally left blank...
Page 2 of 12