Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Clean And Empty Stealth Hood Templates

by Jawusa Posted 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:25 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2019 at 1:32 PM by Jawusa

159 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 109 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 11:49 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 12th Jan 2015 at 12:04 PM.
Can I have a copy of your neighborhood? I cannot tell you anything without looking into it. Maybe, I'll find the issue by looking into it.
And which families appear in your bin? All of the stealth hood families? or just a couple of them but not all?

Maybe you have accidently put them somewhere other or in folders which the game can't read.
Because it should work if you put them there where it belongs to.

Do you have any compilations of TS2 (e.g. Ultimate Collection, or Double Deluxe, etc.)?

It's really strange because the game only copies over the sims which are in the Characters folder inside P001/G002/V001/F002/E002 and if the folder's empty, the game cannot copy it over because it's emtpy.
You said, you've looked into that folders and there weren't any character datas. Did you do the same for the other stealth hoods?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Can I have a copy of your neighborhood? I cannot tell you anything without looking into it. Maybe, I'll find the issue by looking into it.
And which families appear in your bin? All of the stealth hood families? or just a couple of them but not all?

Maybe you have accidently put them somewhere other or in folders which the game can't read.
Because it should work if you put them there where it belongs to.

Do you have any compilations of TS2 (e.g. Ultimate Collection, or Double Deluxe, etc.)?

It's really strange because the game only copies over the sims which are in the Characters folder inside P001/G002/V001/F002/E002 and if the folder's empty, the game cannot copy it over because it's emtpy.
You said, you've looked into that folders and there weren't any character datas. Did you do the same for the other stealth hoods?

I only have free time, bon voyage, and seasons installed. And I also have double deluxe installed. And I'm not sure how to give send you a copy of my neighborhood.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 9:08 PM
Go to C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods and copy your neighborhood folder to desktop. Then zip or rar it and upload it here on MTS.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 11:14 PM Last edited by shadowgirl303 : 18th Jan 2015 at 3:05 AM.
it won't let me upload the file
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 6:59 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 18th Jan 2015 at 10:09 AM.
No, you can attach any files in any threads on MTS. It doesn't matter which thread. You always have the ability to upload/attach a picture/or a file.

By the way, you can alternatively upload it somewhere other, for instance mediafire.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 7:39 PM
Sorry, just noticed now. No, I don't have the Ultimate Collection it's all the original released discs. It just refuses to let me install it because apparently it messes with the core programming of an installed game on the HD and it refused to install it, same reason why I can't use the boolproptestingcheats codes. I still can open the window for family funds and motherlode but not to modify anything else.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 9:29 AM
Sounds like you corrupted the game. Which is your latest expansion pack?

My Simblr
Test Subject
#58 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 6:54 PM
Default Mixing cleaned and empty templates
After coming back playing with sims2, three months ago, since my game finally crashed again, I have read during a month several options about this matter of corrupt games.

I have come to believe that this game is for Experts in programming games!

What about folders called M001, A001 and T001; don't they need anything to be clean? is it safe to delete some of all characters?

Without characters' folder in V001, Would not there be travelers at all? in one of the tests, I made some of them with the Simlogical teleporter cat, but I saw none, (locals worked fine, I will keep testing it); in other testing, there was some travelers, created from the game, but nobody seemed to stay at night at lodging 'lots'
I spend a lot more time than I thought looking for updated information and it's been hard for me, any hint or updated link that I couldn't find will be more than wellcome.

I'm coming back now testing all this clean templates at mi original game, Megadeluxe as base game, (stop using 'Ultimate' yesterday) with your "stealth hoods" ready to test; and I wish to set a megahood with 'meetme2theriver's clean templates, and a very well done empty built main hood, 'Elsewhere' that is before seasons, I think, but it's lovely! I hope this mixed empty and clean templates will be fine, I am worried too about one reading about loosing thombs, hood IDs and corrupt games that I read somewhere.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you all, and Jawusa for supporting this thread, now when I think there are few players left.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 10:27 PM
how come there are still some townies in my town? there are non in the sim bin though
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 10:39 AM
@curripata It's not safe to remove the Characters folder only. You will end up with a corrupted neighborhood. It will just ruin your neighborhood if you remove the Character folder.
I'm working on the other neighborhood templates. See this thread http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544800. M001, A001 and T001 are the vacation subhoods. I'm working on them and I'll upload them soon, along with the other ones.

At the moment, I finished it for the stealth hoods, for the base game primary hoods, for Downtown and the three universities.
The other EP primary hoods and the vacation subhoods are not finished yet.

@youcrAzy These templates only remove the bin families. You can download these templates if you don't want all the NPCs. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544800
But those templates are still in testing so backup your existing files first.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 12:52 AM
Thank you so much! I hadn't known the MATY templates removed the hobby/magic lots until today, after working for a very long time on a hood for upload. It was... not a fun moment. Now I'll be able to start over without worrying about delivering a damaged hood!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 10:12 PM
@Queen of France
You can use Mootilda's method to restore the houses from your old neighborhood and place them in your new neighborhood. http://modthesims.info/t/468987

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@Queen of France
You can use Mootilda's method to restore the houses from your old neighborhood and place them in your new neighborhood. http://modthesims.info/t/468987

Oh, man, thank you. I'll definitely try this, it's going to save me a lot of headache.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#64 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:30 AM
Awesome. Thanks!
Forum Resident
#65 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:47 AM
I had a question. I am using Tarlia's templates, so if I put these in will it uninstall Tarlia's? Also, my apartment life neighborhood says E001 (talking about in the Program Files (x86) > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, etc.), not E002. Will it be okay if I place E002 in there anyways along with the E001 that's already in there?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:20 PM
Tarlia's templates have some Maxis sims while mine are completely empty.
E001 is the neighborhood and should be placed in the "Neighborhoods" folder (inside the UserData folder)
E002 is the stealth hood and should be placed in the "NeighborhoodTemplate" folder.

E001 and E002 mustn't be in the same folder. They're not the same.

You don't have to remove Tarlia's E001 folder for this but if you use her stealth hood template but don't want to have the Maxis sims. Then you'll have to remove Tarlia's E002 and replace it with mine.
Make a back-up in case you want the Maxis sims back.

If you want empty Belladonna Cove, I have a copy of it here http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544800
It still says testers wanted but the testing's actually over. I just can't get myself to upload them officially.

My Simblr
Scholar
THANKS POST
#67 Old 9th May 2015 at 1:21 PM
I love your clean templates! I'm using them for a while now and i'm glad i found these.
No more maxis sims in my custom hoods! Thank you for your great work! :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#68 Old 17th May 2015 at 10:11 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 12:27 AM
Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#70 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 6:45 PM
Finally I don't have to see those useless Sims in the bin! (Btw I did notice Ajay Loner is still there, though. Is that just because he didn't come with a stealth hood?)
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 1:48 PM
@TheDraizeTrain

No, Ajay Loner is a premade Strangetown sim. He only appears in Strangetown.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#72 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:36 PM
I have been using these and never did a Thank You on it from the start but here it is now.

Sorry for the late thank you. :lovestruc
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:56 PM
Aww. That's really kind of you. You're welcome. :lovestruc

Thank you for using my templates.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#74 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 5:14 PM
Default Long Live 2!
Thanks so much for this and for having it up to date even now! TS4 has driven me back to the wonderful TS2 and i'm so grateful that all these resources for a clean game are still available. Tysvm for your enormous contribution!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 3:02 AM
So wildly enough, I can successfully nuke the bin Sims, but even after completely removing ALL neighborhoods, Ultimate Collection still spawns the Pleasantview townies in my custom hoods (characters 71 through 160). Is there really no way to get rid of Goopy and his brethren?
Page 3 of 7