Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 4:57 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:23 PM.
The Pet shop
The Pet shop

The challenge is pretty simple. Create a sim with any aspiration. It is best to have it as fortune though. Create two pets of the same species. :confused: Two cats or two dogs. They can be any breed. Move them into a nice sized lot or one that can hold a shed like building. Buy an open/closed sign.(If you don't have open for buisness this can't be done.)

Here is where the challenge begins. You have to get a job for the meantime. Buy a house that the dogs or cats can create puppies or kittens in. Your sim is pretty much free to do as they wish. You can not use any money cheats. Every time you cat or dog has pupies or kittens you have to sell all but one (if you wish to keep one). You do not use the display boxes for this. You may adopt or purchase another pet becuase family will not create puppies or kittens together.Eventually you will get enough money to quit your job if you wish. You can't sell them once they are adults. If your sim gets married he or she my have only one child.When the last pet of the generations dies the challenge is over. This means that if the last grand puppie dies and didn't have any new puppies, then that is the end of the generations.

Score:
10-for each puppy or kitten sold
20-for each pet that gets a job
15-for each promotion a pet gets
50-for each pet generation
30-for each sim generation
70-for each top of the line object you get(ex.fridge)

-20 for every pet that runs away
-30-for each pet that wasn't sold(except the one)
-10-for creating a sim to take over
-15-for pet demotion
-35-for each pet that gets fired
-75-selling a pet that is not a puppy or kitten

Please send feedback. I would love to hear what could use changes, your score, and if something was just too hard.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 10:39 AM
I haven't really tried the whole breeding and selling pets thing yet, but just to clarify some of your rules.

As far as I know you can't breed a dog/cat with its brother or sister (I may be wrong!) so I am assuming you are allowing to move in a stray/adopt a pet for each new generation of breeders?

Or does the challenge die when the last of the original pair of pets dies? It's a little hazy as to what exactly you mean by "last pet of the generations dies" - is that sim or pet generations? And which generation?

Also, for those of us who have never tried a pet store before, do we use those weird display cases to sell the pets? Just wanting to check how you sell them...
Sorry for the bucketload of questions.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 12:17 AM
So we cant do this challenge without open for business?
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 7:47 AM
You can do this without Open for buisness, it is just trickier than if you do have it. You can't start up a store, so instead you just wait for people to come by the sims house.
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 8:01 AM
I am glad you asked. Now I know what to emphasize on. You do not use the wierd pet display boxes for this. You just click on someone. An icon that says sell should pop up. From there you just have to choose which pet to sell.
#6 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 11:18 PM
This looks interesting. I will wait till christmas to do this.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 4:20 PM
okay well im going to do the easy version cuz im get ofb for christmas
#8 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 4:02 PM
i havent played pets yet, (been letting my daughter play it the whole time) this looks interesting though and i love challenges like this so im going to try it out.

ok nevermind. after trying it out i found that trying to make baby with animals is almost impossible. plus the fact i cant seem to figure out how to click on the dogs to begin with. Guess i am doing something wrong or a cheat of some kind is needed? anyhow i hope you all have a great time with this challenge. it looks fun, with i could figure out this animal ep game.

bea
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 6:19 PM
To create baby animals the pets have to have a good relationship. When the relationship is high enough click on the pet while playing a sim. The icon "try for baby" should be there.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 2:24 PM
It may be cheating but I think if you use the "crittur" family for this challenge would be cool. They have a good relationship with each but they also have bad habits. Just an idea.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 10:26 AM
Damn this! its to damn hard!!!