Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#276 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:15 AM
Frankie is gorgeous! Great job!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#277 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 2:19 AM Last edited by grammapat : 21st Feb 2013 at 9:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alijah
That sounds like a LOT of fun!!! I had actually considered making a run-down lot that would need to be repaired in addition to the farm, but I have zero home-building skills

There's one I like right here: lots/residential, then searched "trash" and found one called "Fixit" for under $20,000. But it still has too much stuff - a car, all the furniture,etc. Think I'll try it and remove lots of stuff before moving in - leaving the trash..

Nope, decided that this gives too much of advantage, so moved my guy out of the prior roach infested fixer-upper, and put him on a 4X5 lot. Not the 5X5 per instructions, because he only had $17000 in bin! I have beehive, mild-churn and chickens, but don't dare spend $ on them. Chickens I have produce eggs, can be eaten, can die but I don't consider it too much of a benefit as they require food & attention. BESIDES --WARNING! WARNING! There is another thread here that talks about danger of DELETING animals (or the mod even!) like the chickens, as they are not seen as objects, but are like the remote-control car actually create memories like a SIM to be floating around, and can boink you whole game.

ALSO: I moved a MAID in, and she had $17,000! Too much, but I've reread thread & can't figure out what would be fair reduction. Can someone suggest? Although a double bed, and bathroom walls would be nice...

ALso more: fastest "Poof - you're a plant!" I've ever seen! I have a mod (a picture that creats/cures all creatures); I bought it just to un-plant him.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#278 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 12:56 AM
Okay. Quick question for the rules! In Sims 2 Apartments, I get gifts from new friends or acquaintances. One such example is the brand new flat screen television. Can I sell the tv for money? Or do I have to keep it for use?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#279 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
ALSO: I moved a MAID in, and she had $17,000! Too much, but I've reread thread & can't figure out what would be fair reduction. Can someone suggest? Although a double bed, and bathroom walls would be nice...

ALso more: fastest "Poof - you're a plant!" I've ever seen! I have a mod (a picture that creats/cures all creatures); I bought it just to un-plant him.

WOW Sounds like you got lucky with that maid! Haha, well there were actually no rules against using the funds that a spouse brought in with, because I've never seen that much! I didn't think it'd be an issue!

Me, personally, would probably reduce it down to like, 5k rather than 17k. But that's cause I like challenge ^^ There's no actual rules against that, so you're actually free to keep all of it... and pat your farmer on the back for such a lucky find! Haha

Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Okay. Quick question for the rules! In Sims 2 Apartments, I get gifts from new friends or acquaintances. One such example is the brand new flat screen television. Can I sell the tv for money? Or do I have to keep it for use?

Those items can be kept and used in decoration, given away to friends, or kept in the inventory until the end of the challenge. But you can't sell them for cash before the three years is up. ^^
Mad Poster
#280 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 7:00 PM
I forgot how to post big pic, with story under each one... so I present

Waldo Weedwhacker and Dog. "Fast life ing the city"? The big city was his excape from his granparents farm. THe "fast life" was more about "fast fingering" some marks's wallet, and fast footwork from the REAL bad guys. I even gave him some blenders and an exercise machine -- but it's just too many pictures.

The first lot I tried and gave up on; it didn't cost as much as directions said, but was so full of weeds/trash/roaches he couldn't get anything done. He spent most of his time complaining and scolding Dog.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#281 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 8:56 PM
Rats --and now I'm double posting because I thought I could EDIT above and add pics...
When I moved Waldo & Dog out they only had $17,000, so it seemed fair to move him into a 4X5 lot with a predug fishing hole for $5156. He build a 1 room house ("open concept" is so cool, ya know) and got a little garden in right away. Dog & Waldo argue about who gets the one single bed. IT IS "5 days left in spring".
Click on the pics for a bit more. He meets a townee that is wearing a maid outfit, and although he's not mad about her, she "says" she likes gardening, so he courts her all spring. In summer he becomes a plant! OMG - I only let him stay a "plant" till that night. Right after I changed him back (using a mod), he was still dressed like a silly fairy when another plant sim came by to say hi.

Gretchen the housekeeper kept rejecting his offers to move in. WHAT? Because I'm broke? Fat? Don't ever feed you? Make you stand outside so I can use the bathroom section of my "open concept" house? Hay, someday I'll have a fine house and a string of Fish & Fruit stores! I just want someone to share my dreams. Someone who doesn't mind hard work & long hours, even when she's pregnant. You CAN cook, can't you? And it's so nice of you to pick up the place when you come over..do you mind bathing dog? And mopping up? Yea, ha ha, there's weeds in the house. Do you know anything about plumbing? Oh, I don't have time to talk about your wrenches, have to go fishing.

And next time: the next year brings marriage, 2 babies, and a level 5 business.

Instructor
#282 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 9:30 PM
Quote:
BESIDES --WARNING! WARNING! There is another thread here that talks about danger of DELETING animals (or the mod even!) like the chickens, as they are not seen as objects, but are like the remote-control car actually create memories like a SIM to be floating around, and can boink you whole game.

I would appreciate it if you could help me find this thread, Grammapat! I had heard about this thread from another forum yesterday, and have been trying to find it ever since, but I cannot find it in spite of several searches, googling, etc., etc. Any chance you could point me in the right direction?
Thanks, Vllygrl

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Mad Poster
#283 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 12:58 AM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=496887 Actually starts out about how to handle multiple PT defaults. Mootilda has added the info to Wiki here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption

I've actually got that on my "favorites" list because the stuff you SHOULDN'T do is not obvious; and I had actually tried a lot of it! (Like moving in Mrs. Crumplebottem to see if I could reform her)

Instructor
#284 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 8:34 PM
Thanks very much, Grammapat -- this is very helpful!

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Mad Poster
#285 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 1:23 AM Last edited by grammapat : 8th Mar 2013 at 8:23 PM. Reason: typos
The first summer finds Wally Weedwhacker a bit happier. He managed to dig up a bone for Dog (besides a lot of useless rocks) . Gretchen finally agreed to moveing in (he didn't dare propose first, as his fragile ego would not have been able to take a rejection). Maybe if he had a couch or bed it wouldn't have taken so long. Her $17,000 was mostly spent on big trees, most of the rest on a greenhouse. Luckily she didnt'n have a job, but as a knowledge sim the first thing she wanted was a telescope. So I got her a big one, and gave her full knowledge-asperation perks. I have a mod that allows females to get pregnant by abduction, so when she wanted to meet aliens, I let her. ODDLY she did NOT get pregnant.

As winter approached, they got married at home, and THEN bought a double bed, and THEN all by herself she got pregnant (ACR). Not knowing if his stored fish and produce would be enough to see them through the winter, Wally worked long hours in the greenhouse, and was afraid to spend money for "extras". Gretchen wasn't much help, she just wanted to play with Dog and take naps, waiting for baby Willa.

I really didn't know that throwing a few old tomatoes in the fridge not only made sparkly spaghetti, but sparkly ANYTHING! um too easy...

ONE FULL YEAR has gone by: it's early spring, Willa is a toddler and Gretchen is expecting. Winter wasn't so bad, so they spent ALL the money to enlarge the house (wow! a bathroom with WALLS! but too small to wash Dog in-he needs a seperate dog-bath anyway.
They had opened a home business, just selling crates of vegies and mounted fish; now they built a seperate building to be their store. Gretchen is learning the business, and she's much better at that then gardening (she never DID like to fish, ewey). Wally still works long hours, often ignoring Gretchen's pleas for attention. But he spends time with his little girl.

P.S. I just realized I've changed his name from Waldo to Wally --

Test Subject
#286 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 5:29 PM
This looks fun :D
I'm using animals aswell, though, as I think it's a fun thing to add
I'll post my story later!
Test Subject
#287 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 4:14 AM
Hey, I just started this challenge and so far it is a lot of fun. I got super lucky though and my Sim Christopher Trujillo, was predestined to love nature. So yaaaay
Page 12 of 12