Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2022 at 6:53 PM
Default What if there was a mechanism that adds a queue of patient sims?
I don't know where to post this as this is a general idea that is not tied to either of the existing Sims games. So I was thinking, what if that when two or more sims wanted to use the same object then instead of them complaining and shooing away the other person, they just stand patiently and wait until the previous sim finishes? For example, Sim A is using the bathroom. Sim B wants to use it too so she stops outside of the door and waits for Sim A to exit. Because if there is another person waiting outside then the person inside will register that he has to exit this room to make way for the waiting person. If they are in the same room and no privacy is needed then they just step aside.
I imagined this because it is annoying that their action gets cancelled because the object is already in use. What if they just stopped and waited instead? And not only this but there could be tons of sims waiting in line for the same object, and whoever wanted to use it sooner is the next one to use it, while the others are waiting on. They can maybe even engage in a conversation while waiting. Most importantly they should form a proper line instead of a heap. If they form a heap then they will barely be able to move.

Or is there anything like this already? I know Sims 3 sometimes has this with the tapping the ground with the foot while having one hand on hips animation is in place, but that only happens when they are walking or about to drive somewhere.
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 4:05 AM
There is already a mechanism in game that does this. Proper queuing. Seen in a few places. One example is sims wait their turn, queuing properly in order and everything, to take their go on the slipply slide water object. I've seen up to seven or eight sims queue properly for their go on that thing. Though I've never tried to see if the queue coding could be applied to other things. I think I've seen it in shops, sims own a retail business and customers queue at the checkout till. Though not sure if that is normal game mechanics or someone modded the slippy slide coding to the checkout till. Either way, it seems doable.

And where you say "patient," I thought you were referring to sick sims at the hospital in doctor career, as there is also a queuing mechanism there at the check in desk - which made it look like you answered your own question. But I know now you meant just waiting quietly, properly and in order for their turn. And indeed it does exist in game.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1

And where you say "patient," I thought you were referring to sick sims at the hospital in doctor career, as there is also a queuing mechanism there at the check in desk - which made it look like you answered your own question. But I know now you meant just waiting quietly, properly and in order for their turn. And indeed it does exist in game.

It's not true queuing because those patients are never served by the receptionist, it's completely up to the player to admit them to beds, which is impossible to please them all, it would be nicer if they sit down (hint hint..).

The Ski-Slopes from Snowy Escape makes good use of queuing, and it seems so far to work out quite reliably well.
Smeg Head
#4 Old 12th Feb 2022 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
it would be nicer if they sit down (hint hint..).

Already made a mod for that years ago. Though it is part of my doctor career set of mods that needs checking after a lapse in updating for patches.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots