Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 10:49 AM
Default Will doing this corrupt my game?
Hello,
I have a question that hopefully can be answered:
I know deleting custom content from the little trash icon in bodyshop will corrupt ur game, but will clicking the little trash icon in the game itself corrupt my game?
Thankyou
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 3:37 PM
Deleting CC with the trash icon in bodyshop does not corrupt your game. It may get rid of a texture or mesh that another piece of CC is using and create problems in your CAS bin while you sort that out, but this is not game corrupting, just annoying.

Using the trash icon in the neighborhood screen to delete sims (including occupied houses and houses with graves) will corrupt your game, but that is completely different.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 5:10 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Jul 2022 at 11:49 PM.
There have been some cases of potential "corruption" of certain install files the item was linked to EA textures and/or meshes (meshes for buy/build), but these are special cases. I think they somehow deleted files directly linked to the EA files, so they ended up with missing resources for some CAS parts. It was more a case of broken install files.

Occasionally, some modifications to an EA outfit will cause a custom star to appear, and this could potentially also cause the bin to appear. If the item is a default replacement or an EA-repo'd item, and the bin icon is showing, you'll want to be wary. Could be the item wasn't made quite right, and this enabled the bin and/or custom star. In that case, don't delete the item in Bodyshop, but locate it in your Downloads folder and delete it there.

It should be safe to delete fully custom items (custom mesh/recolor combo, or a custom recolor of an EA mesh) in Bodyshop.

If you're ever in doubt, just don't hit the trash bin.

Ingame, you could also get unlucky if a mod causes the custom star and bin to appear for an EA item, especially with default replacements and repo'd items, but recategorizers and similar can also cause some trouble. Not all will cause the bin to appear, but some can cause the custom star, so you can easily get confused.

And just a note, but deleting stuff in Bodyshop only deletes a (custom) mesh from the Downloads folder if the mesh and recolor files are bundled together in the same file, so you'd have to go looking for the meshes if you wanted to remove them. Normally it only deletes recolor files.

I prefer deleting from the Downloads folder - it's much safer and usually creates fewer problems.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2022 at 11:33 PM
It's much safer to look for the files you want to remove from the game in the downloads folder even if it's content that can be safely removed instead of using that icon in the game or bodyshop as you can make sure that recolors are gone if the mesh is uninstalled though some kinds of CC are best left installed and just unused.I often just not use CC I don't want in a particular town though it remains installed and available to ise if I change my mind.