Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 6:15 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:30 PM.
Default The Born Yesterday Challenge
The challenge is to have six children grow up in reverse order.

How do I do that?

The key lies in babies needing someone around to age them. If you can cancel - or avoid - their parents' "Help With Birthday" action, you can artificially extend this lifestage.

You're fine until a child's birthday rolls around - then the fun begins.
To make it easier remove the door to the baby's room then you don't have to be on guard all the time. If you find it too easy, don't remove the door. Keep the baby accessible at all times. Either way ignoring the baby leads to social workers coming so interaction is necessary. The hard part is getting the baby fed/changed/washed and anything else you want to do without growing into a toddler which your adults will try to do on their own.

Keep the babies coming until you reach number 6 keeping them all as babies. The sixth will be the first to become a toddler, then 3 days later the fifth, 3 days later the fourth and so on.

Success means making it appear as though the youngest (sixth) child was actually born first, then the fifth, fourth, third, second and the first last. That is why you MUST leave 3 days between each to account for the pregnancy that would have occurred had this been the case.

Of course many variations are possible such as:
1) increasing the number of children
2) having the sixth grow up and have children that age before the first or even before all of the other 5. Then you could have the children of the sixth grow up before the others and so on with generation after generation until you get bored

Have fun!
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 5:04 PM
Default Baby Madness
Hardest part was getting the kids 3 days apart My sim just couldn't get pregant on the right day! lol Great IDEA!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 10:51 PM
Default Maybe I wasn't clear
Quote: Originally posted by keele
Hardest part was getting the kids 3 days apart My sim just couldn't get pregant on the right day! lol Great IDEA!

What I meant was when you finally allow them to age to Toddler you must do one then the next 3 days later. This way they are (at least) 3 days apart in age as they would be if they'd been born in reverse order.

By all means have the 6 kids in the shortest space of time possible, it's only the aging that needs to be spread out.

I hope that makes sense.
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:43 PM
How many adults, etc, is the challenge limited to? Is it okay to just pop out six kids using the tombstone or does a woman have to pop them all out?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 1:11 AM
Default Up to you
I deliberately left it open. I don't believe in having strict rules or scoring. For me it detracts from the fun which is after all the point. I did it the old fashioned way. If you want to use hacks to make it easier - or harder - for yourself then by all means. Just enjoy yourself.
Inventor
#6 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 11:13 PM
Hey! This looked like a quick but fun challenge, so I decided to try it. I'll be back later with my family, the Steeles.

*EDIT: Here they are!

ENTRY ONE
Hello. My name is Norma Steele, and I am so glad that HomegrownArtists has finally added an online journaling portion. It's only been up for a couple of days, and already hundreds of people have joined, so I guess I'm here to join the masses! Anyway, let me introduce myself. As I said before, my name is Norma Steele. I am 34 years old, and an avid artist. I live in Shaker Town, a suburb of Pleasantview, with my husband Tyler and my sister Melissa. I guess you could say it's strange that I'm an artist, since I've always wanted to be rich. But an artist I am!

Here I am painting in my studio. All the paintings around me I did, but those are the ones in progress, or in the case of the one hanging, I just didn't like it. Blue Howl is what I named it, but the version I sold is called Blue Howl VI. Yep, that's how many tries it took. Anyway, here's a picture of Tyler and Melissa.

It doesn't bother me anymore. I mean, the fact that he's obviously cheating on me. We've been married twenty years, and he's been with her for about thirteen. I told them I'd live with it, as long as they got a room. She made one, in red, black and white. Calls it the "seduction room". *shudders* We had an arranged marriage, so don't blame me. I know, I know. Arranged marriages were supposed to stop in the 1800's. But we just do it in my family, I don't know why. It's also the tradition for only the oldest sister, or sometimes the two oldest sisters, to marry. That's why Melissa lives with me. I know what Tyler sees in her. After all, she's only nineteen. But what could she see in him? He's 32 years older than her!

I really do hate her. I painted lots of pictures of her for her "Seduction Room", and I kept this one to use as a dartboard. Helps relieve some anger, I guess.

ENTRY NINE
Found out I'm pregnant. With Tyler's baby, yes. After nineteen years of hardly ever WooHooing, I told him my family would suspect if I didn't produce a child. So twice a month, we do it on my bed in my studio. It's not special, or wonderful, or even pleasing. I know and he knows that we only do it because we have to, and that he'd rather be in the "Seduction Room" with Melissa. I guess the plan finally worked, because I'm expecting. Here's a nice picture of me, sporting bump.
Isn't it cute? I'm not going to see if it's a boy or a girl, but I think I know. It just feels like a girl, I can't tell you why, but I know it is.

ENTRY TWENTY-SEVEN
Only been five months now, and look how huge I am! She's sure going to be a huge baby! I'm tired all the time though, and I never know what to do. Even my painting has been slowing down, and all I want to do is sleep... I don't know how I'm going to get through this. The doctor said the baby is going to have an early birth, really early. Actually, they expect the baby to come in two months or even less! They have me on a monitor or something though, and they put this filtery thing attached to my stomach, so they'll know when the baby's coming a few hours before my water breaks so they can rush me to the hospital and save my baby's life.

ENTRY FOURTY]
Well, we know why I was so big - I had triplets! One died, a boy, but I have two beautiful, bouncing baby girls named Madeline and Rowen. The boy, who I named Shai, had a problem with his lungs, and he didn't survive his first day. I know how nonchalant I sound about it, but I'm used to it. I've had four other boys, but none of them survived their first 36 hours on Earth. They were named Jack, Gideon, Tyler, and Alexander. I miss them terribly, although I never met them. I guess there is something wrong with my body, that I cannot produce boys, but finally, FINALLY I have children. I am not barren, and I have two lovely girls to spend the rest of my life with. The best part is, though they are only two weeks old, they already love eachother. Look! See? They are holding hands.

ENTRY FOURTY-THREE
Taking care of Maddie and Rowen is hard work! They cry and they scream, and no one is here to help me. Tyler helps a bit, but Melissa doesn't care. And Tyler only cares for them as if they were a friend's children, only entertaining them, never changing their diaper or feeding them if they're upset. The good thing is, I found this gadget, the Koeroen. You put babies or toddlers in there, and the Koeroen takes care of them! You can't leave them in for more than 24 hours, but what a relief! I'm getting it straight away!

To be continued...