Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPD: 2016-05-19] NCI - The Disk Of Karma (W.O.F. '81 Puzzle Board)

by d_dgjdhh Posted 2nd Aug 2015 at 7:23 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2019 at 11:42 PM by d_dgjdhh

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 7:48 AM
when i click it says no actions available, this seemed really cool, i hope there's an update to fix it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 2:47 PM
Amazing! Thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 4:07 PM
I understood everything, but I'll try it, thanks for sharing.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pikachutaco
when i click it says no actions available, this seemed really cool, i hope there's an update to fix it!

Hi pikachutaco,

The actions occur with the lighting and trilons only. The frame of the puzzle board has no pie-menus.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 7:28 PM
Awesome idea!
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 7:14 PM
Cleverly ingenious.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 2:00 AM
Something worth a picked upload, great job and congrats.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 2:26 PM
Seriously cool!
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 5:15 PM
HUGE PROBLEM REPORT!!!!!!

I downloaded yesterday and I swear it broke my Sims 2. It would almost load up the neighborhood menu but then freeze. I was panicing cause I thought it was ruined. I had to uninstall EVER PIECE OF CC R HAD TO FIX IT.And trust me, That's a lot. I lost a whole family. A whole town! (But only that family lived there.) I now have to reinstall all my CC. I was so excited to have this but now I can't. I' only playing on the base game, So if that has anything to do with it?
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:37 AM
@MineKarterX

Wow, sorry for hearing the huge mess that occurred. I haven't had anybody report issues about this download. There's no coding that these objects have to modify the game. They're all decorative objects based off Maxis in-game objects (tables or plants).

Perhaps you can remove these puzzleboard folders from your Downloads folder temporarily, then start-up your game to see if it is indeed this object causing your distress. If you game starts normally without the folders, close your game, place the folders in the Downloads folder and start the game again. If your game isn't working again, then I'll look into it further.

If anyone else IS having problems with this download, please report it.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:49 AM
Default It does cause issues with my game
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
@MineKarterX

Wow, sorry for hearing the huge mess that occurred. I haven't had anybody report issues about this download. There's no coding that these objects have to modify the game. They're all decorative objects based off Maxis in-game objects (tables or plants).

Perhaps you can remove these puzzleboard folders from your Downloads folder temporarily, then start-up your game to see if it is indeed this object causing your distress. If you game starts normally without the folders, close your game, place the folders in the Downloads folder and start the game again. If your game isn't working again, then I'll look into it further.

If anyone else IS having problems with this download, please report it.

I did remove the files, but only when I deleted all my CC. Don't worry it's all back now I have concluded that it IS this that causes it. Before I reinstalled all my CC, I just installed this and it broke it. This also happens with your Jeopardy game. Maybe something about your game shows argues with the base version of the game? Im really sad. I was going to make a whole production studio for game shows. But now I can't even download them. If you could look into this i would be very pleased.
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:50 AM
Oh and I forgot. Somehow my town was still there. Even though I deleted the files AND the family. O.o
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 5:09 AM
Oh my goodness, yes, you're right. I see only a few of the package files work base-game, while the others freeze the loading screen. I should have tested it with AnyGameStarter rather than uploading it out the door so quickly.

So, I'm gonna be redoing the majority of the files. First I'm gonna fix the Risky Quiz set. Then I'll move one with the Disk Of Karma puzzleboard.

My apologies to anyone else who may have experienced a frozen loading screen with this download. This time I'll be testing this with AnyGameStarter an upload an updated rar file. The file structure should be intact and ready for overwriting, once the tests are complete.

Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 5:31 PM
Oh my goodness, yes, you're right. I see only a few of the package files work base-game, while the others freeze the loading screen. I should have tested it with AnyGameStarter rather than uploading it out the door so quickly.

So, I'm gonna be redoing the majority of the files. First I'm gonna fix the Risky Quiz set. Then I'll move one with the Disk Of Karma puzzleboard.

My apologies to anyone else who may have experienced a frozen loading screen with this download. This time I'll be testing this with AnyGameStarter an upload an updated rar file. The file structure should be intact and ready for overwriting, once the tests are complete.

Well im glad I helped you solve an issue! I will be ready for a re-download for a base-game compatible version. How long should it be to wait?
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 9:04 PM
Well, I've re-done the digits from the contestant podiums. The host podium is good too. I'll be doing the letter lights soon. Then I'll have a crack at the microphones.

The big challenge may be the contestant podiums and the set borders because their meshes change (and the digits from the contestant podiums disappear, even though they're still there invisibly. I predict the letters from the set borders would disappear too). It may take a week or two to get the set running back the correct way.

As for the puzzleboard, I'll be looking into that after the Risk Quiz set.

Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 9:42 PM
Well, I've re-done the digits from the contestant podiums. The host podium is good too. I'll be doing the letter lights soon. Then I'll have a crack at the microphones.

The big challenge may be the contestant podiums and the set borders because their meshes change (and the digits from the contestant podiums disappear, even though they're still there invisibly. I predict the letters from the set borders would disappear too). It may take a week or two to get the set running back the correct way.

As for the puzzleboard, I'll be looking into that after the Risk Quiz set.

Well I'll be happily waiting.