Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 4:31 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default problem skin default, the tones do not correspond as they should
I made a customized skin, at the time of making it default from simpe, and check in BodyShop everything seemed to go well, but it turns out that the face of the skin jumps to the middle tone, or does not match the true skin tone, which should not be the case, It only happens to me in the skins of the adult male sims of the first tone, the girl's of the middle tone is only the face, the steps I followed were :

4. Scan Folders…
5. Browse for Folder… - SaveSims - Scan
6. In Operations – Light – Create default Skin Override

Is there a better method for making deafult skins?

Sorry, Spanish is my main language

Try to find out when I try to create new content from the skin deault
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 4:50 AM
How are you changing the textures in SimPE? With "import" and "update all sizes", or with the DDS utilities and either DXT3 or DXT5 (don't do "update sizes" if you do this, it can cause issues with the textures - the DXT updates sizes automatically).

Have you checked that all the necessary texture resources are there? I know there's been some instances of missing resources in defaults on occasion.

One option is to use a skin file you know work, and replace the textures with the ones you want to use.

Another option is to manually extract the resources and put them in a package, then change the textures with SimPE. You need all the resources for all the ages for it to work properly, there's 3 body textures, 1 face and 1 head for teen and up, 1 of each for infant/child/toddler.

(all of these have an age/gender prefix in front, so af/tm/bu/pu/uf/um - whichever works for the resource you're trying to pull, some are multi-age/gender)
bodynaked-nude (all)
face (all)
hairbald-skin (all)
bodynaked-nudesoft (teen to elder, fat morph)
bodynaked-nudecut (teen to elder, fit skin)
(most of the textures are full size as LIFOs, small size as TXTRs).
S1, S2, S3, S4 are the four regular skintones, S5 is alien.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 6:07 AM Last edited by osmo95 : 1st Sep 2022 at 7:57 AM.
Answering your question
I didn't do that method, I left it as is ignoring the other step of DXT, I didn't understand how to do it, the "Build DXT" thing.  

Am I doing it right in that step? I will update for each texture

if it doesn't work from DXT, I will do the other step

Edit:

I had to check it with one downloaded from the internet, I found out what I was doing all wrong there, for starters I was following a tutorial that said I had to disable override TXMT, and that's what caused the problem, that's why I didn't get the Material Definition (TXMT) in AllRes. Now I get it correctly, tomorrow I will do the suggestion you gave me about DXT5 or DXT3. Thank you
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 5:31 PM
There are several tutorials on how to do the build DXT steps - here's a quick one if you still need it: https://tvickiesims.tumblr.com/post...ing-to-teach-me