Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 7:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default romance/pleasure sims rolling other career wants than slacker mod?
i've played the sims for a while and i've realized that romance and pleasure sims only roll wants to get a job in the slacker career. and i think i've seen a mod that makes romance/pleasure sims get other career wants than slacker her on modthesims but i don't remember the name of it, does anyone know its name??
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 10:23 PM
This sounds like a glitch. My Romance and Pleasure sims roll wants for more than one career and, unlike Lifetime Wants, I don't think the want tree bases which career wants to roll based on aspiration at all. However, if the glitch is at all common, it might have a mod to fix it, or it might be fixed incidentally by another mod that affects the want trees. Look in Downloads under Game Mods/Global Mods/Gameplay Mods.

If I'm misunderstanding you, and you're referring to Lifetime Wants instead of the daily wants in the panel, again, the situation is unusual. Romance and Pleasure sims get plenty of other career LTW options - Dance, Show Business, Athletic, Entertainment, Cuisine, and Music, possibly Art, too. You may have a playstyle that gets your randomizer stuck, or you may just have a statistical cluster and the randomizer just happens to be giving you a long run of Slacker. A number of people don't like the way the Lifetime Wants were distributed, and there are a number of mods that change that which might incidentally solve your problem. You would find them in the same section of the Downloads here, if there are any. I know there's one called LTW Sanity, which is Pescado, I think? I could be wrong.

Alternatively, there are ways to hand-pick a sim's LTW. The simplest to use is probably the FFS Lot Debugger, aka the Batbox, found here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...topic,72.0.html
This allows you to cycle through the LTW's available for a given sim and pick the one you want.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)