Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Not Just Another Bay Window with 15 slots

by cmomoney Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 6:40 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2011 at 12:51 PM by cmomoney

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:04 PM
How are we doing on an update for 1.26? Slots mods are pretty much on the very top of my list of must-haves for the new version -- it boggles my mind when I bump into some of the slot limitations on EA furniture (thank goodness for you and Sims MX).
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#27 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:47 PM
Actually, because of the way I made it, this object doesn't need updating. It works in 1.26/Pets already.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#28 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 11:11 AM
Oh, wicked. Given that the general word was "anything with slots is bollocksed" I didn't even try it. Aheh. Awesome to find out otherwise, then!

I guess I should dig through my downloads and actually test all my old packages, but loading times take forever...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 9:36 PM
This is so good! I always wondered why you couldn't put stuff in these windows.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 9:48 PM
Default Thanks
Thanks for updating this to Pets. I just loaded up an old house of mine I had in storage and it was a Pre-Pets house that I built. And it had the old slotted windows. When I got it loaded all the slotted items were gone. So I jumped here and check to see if there was an update.

Schweet!!! It's been updated. I really appreciate this. Now it's time to fix my windows.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:08 PM
Just wondering if you have any plans to do something similar to the window from Master Suite Stuff?
I've seen a lot of places seem to have removed the flowers from it but nobody has managed to add a slot in for us to decorate it ourselves.
I would give it a go myself but have only messed with moving existing slots before.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#32 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Just wondering if you have any plans to do something similar to the window from Master Suite Stuff?
I've seen a lot of places seem to have removed the flowers from it but nobody has managed to add a slot in for us to decorate it ourselves.
I would give it a go myself but have only messed with moving existing slots before.

It would actually be easy enough to do Menaceman44 - you need to create an RSLT resource and add it in the VPXY. Since you would probably want to get rid of the flowers as well - I think you would need to default replace the OBJD and VPXY - probably the MLOD and MOLD to get rid of the stupid flowers. I would do it, but I don't have MSS.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 10:06 AM
Oh, wow, thank you isn't enough!!! SO wanted to place things in that window, and never understood why they made it so we can't. Awesome!!!
Test Subject
#34 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 1:28 PM
Hi, I don't quite know why but for some reason this mod doesn't seem to be working. I placed the file in the same location as my other mods, which ARE working (and none of them change anything to do with windows or item slots, although one of them is the Awesomemod), but everything I've tried has come up with nothing.

At first I started the game up expecting it to have made the changes straight away, but when nothing happened I tried buying and placing a new window in case it was an issue with windows which had already been placed not taking on the new item slots - but it made no difference and the newly-bought windows didn't take objects either.

Then I tried moving the mod file to the latest expansion pack's folder, with no effect, so then I kept one copy of it in the basegame folder as well as the latest expansion, again with no luck.

Is this just a case of a mod that works for some people and not for others, or have I missed something really obvious?
Mad Poster
#35 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 8:00 PM
Where are you installing your mods and packages?
Mine all go into Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods>Packages
They don't go in individual game pack directories anymore.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Sep 2013 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Where are you installing your mods and packages?
Mine all go into Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods>Packages
They don't go in individual game pack directories anymore.

That's so odd, I thought they were supposed to go in the Computer/Prog files path - that's where I've got Awesomemod and the Framework installed (they didn't work if I moved them to the Documents folder, which I tried at first due to being used to Sims 2 mod placement). Idk if I just got mixed up and it's only game-modifying files like AM that go in that path, but I just installed this slots mod in the Docs path and it's working, so I guess that's where I'll be putting all future mods from now on. Thanks for the help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:51 PM
REALLY NICE. I APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 11:19 PM
I made my friends house and she has this window with a bunch of stuff on the sill and I was so frustrated that the in-game windiw didn't have slots. Thanks you SO much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:03 AM
thank you <3 I do enjoying your creations OuO
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 3:10 PM
I have been wanting to put stuff on this window sill for the longest time! Thank you SO much :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 3:04 AM
Thanks this is so cute
Page 2 of 2