Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(Deprecated! See description for info)Height Slider and Shorter Teens Mod v1.97

by simmythesim Posted 8th Jul 2015 at 4:45 AM - Updated 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:02 PM by simmythesim

491 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 289 Feedback Posts, 201 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 20
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:42 AM
Hey ! It's really awesome, congrats for your work, I guess everybody was waiting for that since a long time
I just have a question, Is it possible to have a separate version of the mod with only the height slider ? I think, I would prefer to change the height of my teens independently

I really hopes this kind of custom mods will inspire EA to include that kind of features in the base game.

I also have another idea. I guess is kind of hard to figure out, but you know, when you click on the body of the sim and those sliders for muscle and fatness appear, would it be possible to add this new height slider here ? For what I know, I would be pretty hard but with all the great modders we have in this community, maybe some day, I could be possible.

For me, the feet thing is nice, I didn't even know I could change the size of the feet of my sims :p

And thanks again for your work, that's impressive.
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:52 AM
I've just tested v 1.1 very quickly. The teens in CAS seem to be defaulting to the shortest setting. They almost look like chimpanzees with the way that their body is proportioned hehe.

I can see this being a very good and useful mod once it is fine tuned though, so good work so far. The teens being the same height as adults really does bug me.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Can you show me a picture of the glitch?

Sorry, i don´t have a picture. I put the mod out.
I will try it again, perhaps i can make a screenhot that show the glitch.Thank you for your help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:55 AM
Wow! Thank you! I love it! <3
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spinetiti
Hey ! It's really awesome, congrats for your work, I guess everybody was waiting for that since a long time
I just have a question, Is it possible to have a separate version of the mod with only the height slider ? I think, I would prefer to change the height of my teens independently

I really hopes this kind of custom mods will inspire EA to include that kind of features in the base game.

I also have another idea. I guess is kind of hard to figure out, but you know, when you click on the body of the sim and those sliders for muscle and fatness appear, would it be possible to add this new height slider here ? For what I know, I would be pretty hard but with all the great modders we have in this community, maybe some day, I could be possible.

For me, the feet thing is nice, I didn't even know I could change the size of the feet of my sims :p

And thanks again for your work, that's impressive.
On adding the height slider to the fitness an fatness sliders, it's impossible currently, as the GFX files where the slider for them is stored is uneditable. I'll make a version with the teen height alteration removed tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:03 PM
Thank you so much for this useful mod!
It would be interesting to have a version where the elders are automatically smaller as well, since elders do shrink with age. That'd be awesome. Just a suggestion though, no pressure
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enzedborn
I've just tested v 1.1 very quickly. The teens in CAS seem to be defaulting to the shortest setting. They almost look like chimpanzees with the way that their body is proportioned hehe.

I can see this being a very good and useful mod once it is fine tuned though, so good work so far. The teens being the same height as adults really does bug me.

Can you show me pictures of what is happening? I tested it quickly by randomizing the sims and all of the teens looked, you know teens. This is a picture of two teens randomly generated.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:12 PM
Can you show me pictures of what is happening?

Sure thing, see attached.

It's doing this for both male and female teens however I can't upload the male screenshot for some reason :-/

Hope this helps.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#59 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:17 PM

It's doing this for both male and female teens however I can't upload the male screenshot for some reason :-/

Hope this helps.
Are these adult sims aged down? Or are they teen sims randomized?
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:46 PM
I don't know where else to put it, unfortunately.

Would it possibly work having the slider attached to the neck slider that is accessed from side view? Not the width of the neck from the front, but the back of the head. I only discovered that slider the other day and it doesn't really seem to be used that often, especially since hair covers it up?

Loving this mod, thank you! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#61 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:52 PM
Very imprasive work great job <3

Now i have a qustoon is it possiable to make teens shorter and all have the same hight but without the hight slider just like the sims 3 i think this will help to fix the kissing thing knowing that adts wont kisss teens
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by autumnashdene
Would it possibly work having the slider attached to the neck slider that is accessed from side view? Not the width of the neck from the front, but the back of the head. I only discovered that slider the other day and it doesn't really seem to be used that often, especially since hair covers it up?

Loving this mod, thank you! :D

I second this. That slider barely gets used imo

Also, amazing job on the mod!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:21 PM

Hope this helps.

I think the main problem about sims being out of proportion is because only the torso area seems to get shorter. Legs stay like the same, so the hip area doesn't fit anymore with the torso.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:22 PM
Make Giants!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:29 PM
Oh yesss, thank you !!! ♥
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#66 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudy90
I think the main problem about sims being out of proportion is because only the torso area seems to get shorter. Legs stay like the same, so the hip area doesn't fit anymore with the torso.

I'm doing an update to change it so that legs also get affected. It'll probably be released around the same time as the July patch though, which is Thursday!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:33 PM
I'm doing an update to change it so that legs also get affected. It'll probably be released around the same time as the July patch though, which is Thursday!

Thumbs up!

It's a great mod nonetheless! It surely has a LOT of potential when fine tuned!

Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 1:41 PM
Amazing!, great job!!:D
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
I second this. That slider barely gets used imo

Also, amazing job on the mod!

Third this! Also does this mean maybe some day custom sliders could be added?
Field Researcher
#70 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy65710
Third this! Also does this mean maybe some day custom sliders could be added?

if someone was abale to edit the ui we well for sure be able to add a slider just like the the fit and fat ones
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:31 PM
Oh my gosh this is what I've been waiting for!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:35 PM
Thanks for this mod...certainly one of *the* most requested, and, we finally have it...you're a star!!
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kreechum
Do you think you'll be able to make another version of this mod where it only has the slider without automatically making teens shorter? I just want the height slider without making teens shorter, I just want to make sims of all different heights myself but not have my teens all be short I want to have tall teens too.

I was gonna ask the same question! Please that would be great, I like teens the height they are
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#74 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudy90
Thumbs up!

It's a great mod nonetheless! It surely has a LOT of potential when fine tuned!

Thanks!

Managed to get it halfway working, now legs will lengthen or shorten depending on your sims height!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 3:10 PM
awesome. hope you improve it further because the body proportion as of now looks kinda weird (the hand length should change proportionally)
Page 3 of 20