Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated 9 June 2009 Tivoli, Plantation timber furnitures

by blake_boy Posted 31st Mar 2009 at 4:59 PM - Updated 5th Jun 2009 at 2:45 AM by blake_boy

211 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 189 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
#151 Old 16th May 2009 at 4:59 AM
Simply stunning
Test Subject
#152 Old 18th May 2009 at 8:45 AM
Aww goosh. This set is stunning. Thank you so much
Test Subject
#153 Old 18th May 2009 at 12:50 PM
Beautiful textures...great work, thanx!
Test Subject
#154 Old 18th May 2009 at 11:37 PM
how about that chair? its really nice. id like that.
i love the set btw =D
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#155 Old 19th May 2009 at 6:12 AM
Honestly NOTHING gets me going more than awesome wood textures and BlakeBoy always delivers them *smack* in the face =) Ty once again for sharing your beautiful work [ps: my grandfather was a woodworker and I have an an unladylike habit of *fondling* wooden furniture wherever I go - its in th blood ]

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 21st May 2009 at 7:14 PM
Amazing work!

but...

I have problem with single bed from your set. Once it's placed in the lot I cannot move it, because there is a bug with placing it again when redecorating.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#157 Old 22nd May 2009 at 3:02 PM
I'm aware of that desdemonia, but I'm afraid I don't have a solution for that problem at the moment.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 26th May 2009 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ianbradley26
hi, blake, you might already be aware of this, or someone may have mentioned it, but the single bed for me had spread its domain into other rooms. For instance, with a bedroom next to a bathroom, I'd click on the toilet, and actually it would be clicking the bed. This happened at first in design mode, too. I'd highlight something and the bed was what was highlighted even though the cursor wasn't near the bed.

I am having the same problem with the twin bed. The clickable area is just huge and it seems to get in the way when I'm trying to click things that should be several feet away from it. Otherwise, the set is beautiful and this is the only problem I've had so far.
Test Subject
#159 Old 29th May 2009 at 4:45 PM
I too am having issues with the single bed, but it's so beautiful that I don't really care. I just make sure it's the last thing I place in the bedroom so I can still recolor/click other objects if need be.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#160 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:44 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 6th Jun 2009 at 1:10 PM. Reason: removed link
I love this set, you've done a fabulous job. I hope you don't mind but I do believe I have fixed the issue with the single bed.

[link removed]

The issue appeared to be your bounding box on your shadow subset, it was too big.

May I please have that dining chair. Now. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#161 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:06 PM
If your real woodworking was as good as your virtual woodworking, it must have been really fantastic. This is beautiful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#162 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I love this set, you've done a fabulous job. I hope you don't mind but I do believe I have fixed the issue with the single bed.

You may download here. Once you have it I will remove the link, at least I hope I remember!

The issue appeared to be your bounding box on your shadow subset, it was too big.

May I please have that dining chair. Now. :lovestruc

Cheers, I appreciate that! Ill update the zip with the fixed one now. If you don't mind me asking how did you fix the bounding box size? because I ve jut found I have the same problem with all of my beds and would like to fix all of them.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#163 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:14 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 12th Nov 2012 at 3:26 PM.
Your welcome!

Fairly easy to do, either reimport the entire mesh part (all subsets in the GMDC) or for non-jointed meshes see a quick tutorial here

This usually happens when you import just one subset of your mesh into your GMDC, SimPE makes this the bounding box instead. I've never seen this on just a shadow subset, but hey first time for everything!
Test Subject
#164 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:13 PM
This is the best set have seen in quite some time. Great work!! I'l use pretty much all of it, quite often.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:35 PM
Amazing quality man. Nice stuff downloading as we speak. Think you could do a TV cabinet?

-DuffDog-

-I AM taking BASIC requests.-
-Just PM to see if I might be able to do it.-
Test Subject
#166 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:01 AM
Hey thanks blake, i use these objects often in my houses they are great. I would love to get my hands on that chair i personally think the chair is better than any other of you objects. Cant wait for you to upload it for all of us to enjoy.
Test Subject
#167 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:27 PM
awwwww i dontk know why but i have soooo bad luck when i donwload furnitures .... since i download this awesome set of furniture, my screen stayed load so much time, is that normal?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#168 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by manymazatlan
awwwww i dontk know why but i have soooo bad luck when i donwload furnitures .... since i download this awesome set of furniture, my screen stayed load so much time, is that normal?

Not quite sure what the problem is here... usually this happens when youve put in objects that are not compatible with your game's version. But Ive checked with all the objects in this set, they require only base game...
Test Subject
#169 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Sr.KiT : 16th Jun 2009 at 9:21 PM.
Default Beds Problem
really great work, thanks for sharing this with us
but i too have this problem:
Quote: Originally posted by AndraNaberrie
1. After placing beds, option to click on objects near it sometimes vanishes and just left with a unclickable arrow, or you click on an object near the bed and it comes up with the options for the bed e.g relax, sleep in underwear etc.

did that thing that HugeLunatic said solved the problem?
and if it did, did you already uploaded a new file so that we could download it?
and what file(s) should we download to have that problem solved?
sory for too much questions...
again great work!

You may read this ONLY if I have written something wrong in the post above:
Sorry for my bad english!
Test Subject
#170 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:10 PM Last edited by N_F_Y : 21st Jun 2009 at 2:11 PM. Reason: I forgot ''ís''
This is amazing!
I took all objects.
Thanks a lot! :lovestruc
Banned
#171 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:03 PM
This is worthy of being its own stuff pack, honestly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#172 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:41 AM
Yes, I have updated the single bed. Download the updated file and replace the old one. To be honest, I haven't tried the updated file in game yet. If anyone is willing to test the updated bed ingame and post here if its fixed or not, that will be great.

Quote: Originally posted by Sr.KiT
really great work, thanks for sharing this with us
but i too have this problem:

did that thing that HugeLunatic said solved the problem?
and if it did, did you already uploaded a new file so that we could download it?
and what file(s) should we download to have that problem solved?
sory for too much questions...
again great work!
Test Subject
#173 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:50 PM
these are beautiful, thank you
Test Subject
#174 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:23 PM
terrific set blakeboy looks great in game - any chance of a hint where i can get the fab paintings and dining chair shown in ur screen shot plzzzzzz
Test Subject
#175 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:23 AM
Default Using RARs
Quote: Originally posted by AndraNaberrie
This set is gorgeous! Can't wait to play with it in game. And thanks for putting it in zip format - I can't use rar and it is so annoying when I can't download things!

Actually, I had the same problem. But, all you have to do is copy and paste the RARs into the Downloads Section of the Sims 2 Folder on your computer. Hope that helps. Like I said, I had the same problem with mine, but I am glad that I could install them correctly!
Page 7 of 9