Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED] Tattered Diary (Custom Memories)

by DiLight Posted 14th Jun 2014 at 9:29 PM - Updated 4th May 2017 at 5:09 AM by DiLight

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 2:58 PM
@Sourpussy, @gummilutt, thank you!
Have you guys tried my tutorial yet?
Instructor
#27 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 7:42 PM
I have looked it over, and really appreciate how simply you broke it down. But I haven't had the time to sit down and try it out yet. I'll let you know when I've attempted my first memory.
ETA: Just checked it out again and saw you updated it. Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to give my hand at making a memory with the new Picked! template you put up.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#28 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 9:49 PM
I've been working on other projects of mine, so I haven't tried it yet. I'm waiting for the right creative mind set to strike me But the tutorial looks very easy to follow. Great with pictures along with text.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 11:21 AM
I love the idea. Can't wait to try it in-game! Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 12:06 AM
Thank you all!
I wonder how many of us are not native English speakers?
What do you think about adding more translations?
At the moment I have Polish and Russian text.
Now you can add your language to this mod!
Feel free to PM for more info or comment here.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 1:24 PM
First, thanks a bunch for this Second what about adding a nice memory about adoption for singles and various couple situations? 'Baby/Toddler/Child arrived today and now our family has grown. What an amazing day!' or something like that?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 7:47 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 3:40 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:07 AM Last edited by Tamha : 25th Jul 2014 at 7:34 AM.
This looks like an awesome idea and mod. I'm going to download it and mess around, probably first with some nitpicky grammar ("I don't know will we ever overcome this loss..." reads wrong to me, I plan to change it to "I don't know if we will ever overcome this loss..." instead). I will have a look at the tutorial later as well so I can add in a divorce memory (I know how to fix memory targets in SimPE already).

Since I didn't see anyone answer your question about High School Graduation: yes, in the US we get high school diplomas, though we can also get transcripts (which I think is about the same as your "аттестат").

Edit: I saw you mention an intention to add University major selection memories to the main mod in the tutorial thread, and it got me thinking. Any chance you could add a work in progress list for memories you intend to add to the main mod so that end users will be less likely to end up with duplicate memories on their custom object after you do an update?
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:16 PM
This sounds like a really great mod idea. But when I have it downloaded and try to start Sims 2 up, It crashes my game. I have tried taking out other mods i don't use anymore and it still crashes it. I'm not really sure why it's doing it. I tried separated the mod to make sure it is specifically that one and it is. I really do like the sound of this mod and I like making backstories for my custom characters. Is there anything I can do to stop this from crashing my game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 1:53 PM
Thank you @Tamha for your feedback!
Quote: Originally posted by Tamha
I'm going to download it and mess around, probably first with some nitpicky grammar ("I don't know will we ever overcome this loss..." reads wrong to me, I plan to change it to "I don't know if we will ever overcome this loss..." instead).

I believe this mistake was fixed in v1.1 Maybe I forgot to fix it..
Since I didn't see anyone answer your question about High School Graduation: yes, in the US we get high school diplomas, though we can also get transcripts (which I think is about the same as your "аттестат").

Thanks! I'm thinking about using default Public School icon + tiny icon of University diploma in the right corner.
Edit: I saw you mention an intention to add University major selection memories to the main mod in the tutorial thread, and it got me thinking. Any chance you could add a work in progress list for memories you intend to add to the main mod so that end users will be less likely to end up with duplicate memories on their custom object after you do an update?

Well, it's a nice idea. I'm on vacation now, but when I'm back I'll add it.
Some nice ideas here.
Keep in touch!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rynnscarlet
This sounds like a really great mod idea. But when I have it downloaded and try to start Sims 2 up, It crashes my game. I have tried taking out other mods i don't use anymore and it still crashes it. I'm not really sure why it's doing it. I tried separated the mod to make sure it is specifically that one and it is. I really do like the sound of this mod and I like making backstories for my custom characters. Is there anything I can do to stop this from crashing my game?

Hi @rynnscarlet, I'll try to help you
I'm sorry to hear that, but you're the first one of 950 people who encounters such a problem.
Are you sure the problem's in the mod?
Do you get any error messages?
Have you tried loading another neighborhood?
When exactly does your game crash?
Have you tried launching the game without Downloads folder?
Is this mod the only one in your DLs?

@Lavelia, sorry, I've missed your post.
Don't you want to try and make it yourself?
Because I'm not going to update very soon and there's a step-by-step tutorial available
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiLight
I believe this mistake was fixed in v1.1 Maybe I forgot to fix it..

I was going off the images posted, as I haven't been able to get it in my game yet. I didn't see grammar changes listed in the changelog/description. If you did fix it already, then that's less work for me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 2:48 PM
What a lovely idea! Thanks for creating this!! I can not wait to start using it in my game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:11 PM
Cool! But do you have memories like 'Went to Island'?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayeesha
Cool! But do you have memories like 'Went to Island'?

I use default vacation memories
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:52 AM
I use default vacation memories

I don't have them in my game What should I do?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayeesha
I don't have them in my game What should I do?

I see you have Bon Voyage, then you must have these memories, they are spawned once you're back from the vacation
I'm working on a project now, it will help people to spawn memories that are already in game but rare (such as Got Tray Dropped on Me).
You may be interested in such a thing, especially if you don't use programs such as SimPE.
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:38 AM
Hi @rynnscarlet, I'll try to help you
I'm sorry to hear that, but you're the first one of 950 people who encounters such a problem.
Are you sure the problem's in the mod?
Do you get any error messages?
Have you tried loading another neighborhood?
When exactly does your game crash?
Have you tried launching the game without Downloads folder?
Is this mod the only one in your DLs?

@Lavelia, sorry, I've missed your post.
Don't you want to try and make it yourself?
Because I'm not going to update very soon and there's a step-by-step tutorial available

I am sure. I've tested to make sure that it was this mod alone. I deleted all my other mods. The game crashes before it even loads the main menu, and it only does this when I have this mod in the downloads folder. I'm not sure what is causing it. Is it possible that maybe it's not compatible with Windows 8? I'm not sure.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rynnscarlet
I am sure. I've tested to make sure that it was this mod alone. I deleted all my other mods. The game crashes before it even loads the main menu, and it only does this when I have this mod in the downloads folder. I'm not sure what is causing it. Is it possible that maybe it's not compatible with Windows 8? I'm not sure.

Well, I have no idea.. Have you tried both 1.0 and 1.1 versions (separately)?
Have you tried loading only OBJ_ file or only MEM_ files? It is strange indeed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 6:35 AM
Many thanks !
Test Subject
#47 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 11:53 PM
My The Sims is on portuguese the mod memories will appear on portuguese or on english?
My The Sims is on portuguese the mod memories will appear on portuguese or on english?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by euamoojustin

This mod has custom text so it will appear in English for you. However, if you want to help improving this mod, I could send you the text in English and you could send me back your Portuguese translation
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:58 PM
This mod has custom text so it will appear in English for you. However, if you want to help improving this mod, I could send you the text in English and you could send me back your Portuguese translation

And , please can you add polish translate ?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheMonsterDu
And , please can you add polish translate ?

If you'll provide me translations, yes.
I still wait for a reply from a girl who sent me the Polish text for the version 1.0, it seems like she's unavailable at the moment.
Page 2 of 4