Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED] Tattered Diary (Custom Memories)

by DiLight Posted 14th Jun 2014 at 9:29 PM - Updated 4th May 2017 at 5:09 AM by DiLight

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiLight
If you'll provide me translations, yes.
I still wait for a reply from a girl who sent me the Polish text for the version 1.0, it seems like she's unavailable at the moment.

Ok , thank you very much , and sorry if it was problem
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 3:18 AM
Can it also be made to remove memories? I'm sick of all those "Met X" and "Met Y" memories but I want to keep some of them. Like if they're gonna be friends or lovers. Other than that it is great. Perfect even. I love memories and especially new memories.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loser
Can it also be made to remove memories? I'm sick of all those "Met X" and "Met Y" memories but I want to keep some of them. Like if they're gonna be friends or lovers. Other than that it is great. Perfect even. I love memories and especially new memories.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! You can download my No More Stupid Memories, it will stop those "Met (Sim)" memories from spawning, and then use aaroneus's Memory Manipulator to add them to specific Sims when you need
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 6:09 AM
I love this one, but will Miscarriage memory work if I don't have InTeen mods?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonflower995
I love this one, but will Miscarriage memory work if I don't have InTeen mods?

Yes, it will. My Miscarriage memory has its own GUID so it doesn't require InTeen.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 2:48 AM
Thank u for this, but i don't find the book in my Hobbies/Knowledge. I think who this is because i don't have the first one, isn't it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 2:49 AM
Thank you so much for adding more memories :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NataliaAtehortua
Thank u for this, but i don't find the book in my Hobbies/Knowledge. I think who this is because i don't have the first one, isn't it?

Dear @NataliaAtehortua, it's because it was moved to Misc/Misc (three dots icon). This was made in 1.1 update and this information is now hidden under the spoiler.
I'll fix this, thanks for asking!

@Frida4, you're welcome
Test Subject
#59 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 12:57 PM
Would love if you could do a 'broke up with .. ' and ' got broke up with ' because i have this relationship mod for adults and i get the going steady memory but nothing when they broke up haha

but thank you so much for this, love this mod/book so much
also excuse my disgusting username
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emo-gangstar
Would love if you could do a 'broke up with .. ' and ' got broke up with ' because i have this relationship mod for adults and i get the going steady memory but nothing when they broke up haha
but thank you so much for this, love this mod/book so much
also excuse my disgusting username

Hey @emo-gangstar, you can use Aaroneus's Memory Manipulator to add any memory including breaking up from Steady. But if you like my version with Committed Relationship, it's on my to-do to make Broke Up memories for it
Thanks for your feedback!
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 8:44 AM Last edited by Moonflower995 : 22nd Jan 2015 at 9:09 AM.
Yes, it will. My Miscarriage memory has its own GUID so it doesn't require InTeen.

I'm downloading this right away. I hope that Russian version will match to this mod well. I'm doing series and this mod will be necessary to accomplish certain episodes that will have to do with miscarriage and pregnancy. I was tired of Sims of not having "Pregnancy" memory in their memories tab. Sorry for not replying for so long, was busy with series.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 23rd Jan 2015 at 7:33 AM
Thank you! So much I have been looking or this like, all my life!
Mad Poster
#63 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 11:10 AM
Does this work for pet memories? It always annoyed me that male cats/dogs didn't get a memory of their puppies/kittens being born and that neither pet got woohoo memories.
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 6:59 PM
I love this mod, however a memory that I've always wanted was when a sim rejects another sim's proposal
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Does this work for pet memories? It always annoyed me that male cats/dogs didn't get a memory of their puppies/kittens being born and that neither pet got woohoo memories.

Well, you can enable these memories for pets (I can explain how) but the icon and the description will stay the same as for the Sims.
I'll put them memories on my to-do.
Hope to get back to modding really soon!
Test Subject
#66 Old 26th May 2015 at 5:16 AM
@mollymooncat, @FranH, @Chiklia, tutorial's ready here

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 11:39 AM
The mod looks great. I can´t get it to work however, and I don´t know why. It might be because I downloaded the Sims 2 Complete Collection from Origin, and thus I cannot find an EA Games map in my (x86), and no suitable map under Origin Games > The Sims 2.

I've placed it under My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Downloads etc. Downloaded hairs show up in game, but mods that you need to "buy" like this one and the Ogre thingy don't show up in the catalogue. If anyone still reads this; help?
Mad Poster
#68 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 12:06 PM
Since it's not an issue with this mod specifically, it'd be better if you create a help thread in the help forum.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 10:59 AM
This has easily become one of my favourite Sims 2 mods, thank you so much for creating it.
If you still plan on adding more memories, I have some ideas you might like:

dumped sim (so break-ups won't neccessarily be mutual)
got dumped by sim
moved into apartment
became member of social group (jocks/techies/gearheads/...)
inherited house from parents (or from a specific dead sim)
gave business/vacation home/house to sim
received business/vacation home/house from sim
inherited business/vacation home from sim (dead sim)
murdered sim (maybe seperate for vampire, werewolf, zombie)
sim got murdered
hamster/parrot died
sim left the family / moved out
sim went missing
was bullied by sim
bullied sim
Mad Poster
#70 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:16 AM
GoldAnnie, Dilight wrote a very comprehensive and easy to follow tutorial on how to create your own memories for this, so there's no need to wait for DiLight to have time If you find it confusing, you can post in the thread or PM me and I'll guide you through it. I've made 32 memories of my own, so I've ironed out the bugs by now.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#71 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 10:04 PM
Absolutely amazing. zgreat job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 9:40 AM
This is one of the best mods I've ever seen! Downloading and trying this out now :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GoldAnnie
This has easily become one of my favourite Sims 2 mods, thank you so much for creating it.
If you still plan on adding more memories, I have some ideas you might like:

dumped sim (so break-ups won't neccessarily be mutual)
got dumped by sim
moved into apartment
became member of social group (jocks/techies/gearheads/...)
inherited house from parents (or from a specific dead sim)
gave business/vacation home/house to sim
received business/vacation home/house from sim
inherited business/vacation home from sim (dead sim)
murdered sim (maybe seperate for vampire, werewolf, zombie)
sim got murdered
hamster/parrot died
sim left the family / moved out
sim went missing
was bullied by sim
bullied sim

Thank you, @GoldAnnie!
Your ideas are awesome, I'll definitely add almost all these memories when I update.
About the break-up: when I play I always add bad memory to the Sim who got dumped and good memory to the Sim who initiated the break-up.
Kinda makes sense to me
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 4:11 PM
I want to download this, but I'm a bit afraid it will harm my game.
Is it just this file I need to download? You talk about the memory manager in the thread. Do you need that too?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#75 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:34 PM
I love this mod, love the added memories. I use this all the time, but the memory I used the most was 'depressed' one, like when the physiatrist comes down from the sky when they have red aspiration. I tried to create my own memories, but i've never been able to get SimPE to work properly. I also tried to add the 'depressed' memory to version 2.0 (somehow) but obviously it didnt work. If you release another version could you please add 'depressed' back in?
Page 3 of 4