Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked BOOKCASE to learn more skills << UPDATED 03/02/2007 <<

by monique Posted 29th May 2005 at 2:14 PM - Updated 2nd Mar 2007 at 1:27 PM by monique

101 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 1:43 PM
Is there anyway to add this functionality to custom bookcases?

I'm guessing what needs to be done is adding to the Pie Menu Functions linking with the custom BHAV?
Field Researcher
#77 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 4:52 PM
**Stupid Question Alert**

If we have GLS and Pets, would we need to download V3 or GLS version? Thanks!
Test Subject
#78 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 3:22 AM
I have downloaded this before and loved it I honestly did. but I just took everything off of my computer involving the Sims2. Now I have no idea which file to download. I have all the expansions and the stuff items. The only thing I do not have is the holiday stuff...
Which one do I download?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#79 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 5:00 AM
GLS version is the same as v3 where I added GLS bookcase, so if you have a GLS installed download GLS version. I you have PETS or any other EPs and you dont have GLS installed download v3. The key word here is GLS.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Test Subject
#80 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monique
GLS version is the same as v3 where I added GLS bookcase, so if you have a GLS installed download GLS version. I you have PETS or any other EPs and you dont have GLS installed download v3. The key word here is GLS.

ooh thank you. I.. get confused easily @.o
yay *downloads. thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 8:48 PM
Thanks for updating the bookcase Monique.
Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 8:40 PM
Is there any way that we can add this function to custom bookcases. I have some really neat bookcases, but don't use them because I don't have this function for them.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#83 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 5:13 PM
This sounds like a spectacular idea. However, what about the 'hidden' skills? Could you include books on How to Dance, How to Play Pool, and Yoga Positions? To even out the 'body' problem, you could make it only allow you to earn up to (half?) of the points in that skill, or you could make it so that you have to go do a related activity after you have earned two or three points. Go try out what you have learned and such. (My fave option) I think its really silly that a sim could max out the cooking skills without ever having to set foot in a kitchen. The first time they cook they will be a world class chef! I don't know how much work that would take to make the options disappear until they have gone and tried it, but it would be super cool if that was the way it worked. Thanks for the mod, and thanks for listening!
-Phaenoh
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:49 AM
Just rediscovered this mod. Even though you can do the same thing with the education career reward, I hate to cheat and unlock the career reward when the Sims can learn just as well from a regular bookcase.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 7:50 AM
Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:02 AM Last edited by Alawren : 19th Sep 2007 at 11:58 AM.
I want to thank you so much for this hack. I find I also use the education career reward but just .... err .... prefer other bookcases. I have 2 requests. I must admit I do like how you learn faster with the education bookshelf, any chance your patch can have something similar. Lastly, I see you also have the Glamour stuff pack, the bookshelf from that stuff pack is currently my favorite. Is there any way that bookcase can also be included.

Again, TIA. I really do appreciate the hard work.

EDIT: Woo, it does work with the Glamour stuff bookshelf! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
#87 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 8:52 PM
Is this compatible with BV?
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 11:37 AM
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 5:35 PM Last edited by leesester : 5th Oct 2009 at 1:44 AM.
This hack needs to be updated for The Sims 2: FreeTime Expansion Pack, as it causes a break point primitive error when sims go to study parenting.

I've attached a log of the error, if it helps in any way.
Here it is:

Lab Assistant
#90 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 9:55 PM Last edited by kaseykitty : 3rd Mar 2008 at 9:57 PM. Reason: I can not spell. XD
I have always used your hacked items MQ, I love each and everyone of them. Thanks so much for them. Is there a version you can use Teen Stuff bookcases with? Just curious. ^^

Sims1 converted to Sims2 = Awesome!
Test Subject
#91 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 2:03 PM
Any chance of a FT update for this one? I always loved using this hack for skilling, but since I put free time in it no longer works.

And thanks for all the great stuff you've added to the community over the years.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 28th May 2008 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AEF251
Any chance of a FT update for this one? I always loved using this hack for skilling, but since I put free time in it no longer works.

And thanks for all the great stuff you've added to the community over the years.

Same here! I would love this one for FT! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 8:58 AM
are you also gonna update for apartment life
Inventor
THANKS POST
#94 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 1:00 AM
Just wondering if it works on AL
Test Subject
#95 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 4:15 AM
Default Outdated
Quote: Originally posted by ranabluu
Just wondering if it works on AL

No it doesn't, and it doesn't work with Free Time either.
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 6:47 AM
i take it this hack is never being updated?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:14 PM
Was wondering what they could read to up those skills a bit, thank you for this.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#98 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 9:15 PM
Awesome, thank you
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 3:56 AM
It doesn't work to me! I put it in the downloads folder where all other hacks work. Why?

Monique, where are you!
Test Subject
#100 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 11:45 PM
Default Reply
Quote: Originally posted by michaelchan21
It doesn't work to me! I put it in the downloads folder where all other hacks work. Why?

Monique, where are you!

I don't think it works for Apartment Life. I've been using this mod with Bon Voyage and Seasons just fine. I just installed AL and it ceased working.
Page 4 of 5