Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 10:02 AM
Default EA Download manager and Flash plugin
I've started to get a pop-up everytime I start my pc, it's EA Download manager saying it needs Adobe Flash Plugin. Now, Flash plugin has been discontinued. My question is, if I were to reinstall my game, would that even be possible? Isn't EA Download Manager required when installing the game? I'm assuming it won't run without Flash. Anyone got some thoughts on this?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 11:19 AM
Open up task manager on your computer and look in the startup tab; right click> disable anything relating to EA there. Be sure not to accidentally stop your antivirus or other security programs, though!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:55 PM
The EA Download Manager (EADM) was really the predecessor to Origin. If you do manage to get the EADM reinstalled, it will do everything it can to update itself to Origin anyway. It is not a requirement to have it and for those doing retail disc reinstalls with no intention of using Origin, we have always advised against agreeing to it when offered.

If the intention is to have an Origin controlled game, then the discs aren't necessary anyway and there shouldn't be any EADM offers coming along.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The EA Download Manager (EADM) was really the predecessor to Origin. If you do manage to get the EADM reinstalled, it will do everything it can to update itself to Origin anyway. It is not a requirement to have it and for those doing retail disc reinstalls with no intention of using Origin, we have always advised against agreeing to it when offered.

That is good to know, thank you