Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 4:46 PM Last edited by pirohp : 11th Feb 2020 at 3:36 PM.
does anyone have a dinosaur and fossil museum sets for download?

Does anyone have dinosaur items and other fossils for a museum set for download? I've lost the old files and wonder if anyone have these ready to download.
So far all I can find online are images but the few download links and pages are dead.
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#2 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 7:01 PM Last edited by Simonut : 9th Feb 2020 at 7:18 PM.
I have a Sims museum I would like to have the Dinosaur set myself if only to add the dinosaur and Skeleton bones. Maybe this will give you some items http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=288388
This is also interesting to have in a museum it just an Deco http://modthesims.info/d/348076/syn...terodactyl.html

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2020 at 11:38 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 4:48 PM Last edited by pirohp : 11th Feb 2020 at 2:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Here are 4to2 dinosaur and bones http://decatsims2.blogspot.com/2017...s-cij-2017.html

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I have a Sims museum I would like to have the Dinosaur set myself if only to add the dinosaur and Skeleton bones. Maybe this will give you some items http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=288388
This is also interesting to have in a museum it just an Deco http://modthesims.info/d/348076/syn...terodactyl.html

Thank you very much for the infos. I already have the pterodactyl, downloaded it soon afterwards as I made my post. For some reason I thought the T-Rex bones are from a different game seeing the thumbnail. Should have paid more attention. Mostly I did pay attention and it`s not that hard to miss the others. I still can`t find the rest.

Here is another thing I found someone might want it: https://shastakiss.tumblr.com/post/...ad-link-for-the

For now cant find the raptor from the picture so as the other items.

Edit N.1: Found few more items: ``The Walghvogel Skeleton`` and ``The Tigerwolf Skeleton`` - I am not sure if it`s written properly I copied the original poster`s words.

download link for both: https://app.box.com/s/03b64dce4ab45fca3a5a
Found them on a forum and instead of linking the whole thing I decided to narrow down completely the search for others.

Edit N.2: I fixed some typos and grammar problems. English isn`t my main language and when I rush things I tend to make mistakes.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 10:49 PM
The dinosaur poster is by twofee and can be found on their Tumblr.

I can't link it because I'm on my phone, sorry!

Also, if you go to Tumblr and search for "lauratje86" (that's me!), one of the search results is a post by freezerbunny-sims replying to a WCIF that I sent them after seeing pictures of the museum they'd made. Several of the links are dinosaur-related (including a link to the poster).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 11:28 PM Last edited by pirohp : 11th Feb 2020 at 3:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
The dinosaur poster is by twofee and can be found on their Tumblr.

I can't link it because I'm on my phone, sorry!

Also, if you go to Tumblr and search for "lauratje86" (that's me!), one of the search results is a post by freezerbunny-sims replying to a WCIF that I sent them after seeing pictures of the museum they'd made. Several of the links are dinosaur-related (including a link to the poster).

Thank you very much for the info. I will start digging.

Edit 01: Here is the link for it for those who want it too: https://twofee.tumblr.com/post/4869...ek-chic-posters

Edit 02: I found something again

DL link: http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/283904
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 10:50 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 14th Feb 2020 at 3:36 AM.
You've inspired me! I've started designing a Museum of Prehistory for my game and I've been hunting for custom content to go in it.

I found some dinosaurs at SynapticSim's Lair (link doesn't work properly - go to the SynapticSim's Meshes section, Object Meshes subsection, the dinosaurs are currently on page 3).

I think that the raptor model in your first picture might be by JenniSims. I don't know if/where it can be downloaded, but I may have the files for it and some other dinosaurs saved on my laptop. I will have a look next time I turn my laptop on (probably in the next day or two). **ETA** I have reuploaded the ones that I have here.

*ETA* Ooooh! I like the look of Hafiseazale's dinosaur skulls and bones.

And Sadepaivas on Tumblr has some weird-looking fish skeletons converted from Alice: Madness Returns. Not accurate RL fish but quite cool! :-)

Over on Tumblr, Kaylynn-Langerak converted some 4t2 animal skulls and skeletons for Simblreen 2019. Not dinosaurs, but they maybe be of use?

Oh, and on Blacky's Sims Zoo, in their Special Themes section under Stone Age, there are some model dinosaurs. The BSZ site won't let me link to them directly.

Also, Amovitamsim shared a 3t2 conversion of the smallest raptor skeleton from the 3t4 picture in the original post on this thread. It's not pictured, but it's in this set.

Decat made a dinosaur footprint (on a stand), which can be downloaded here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 11:36 PM
You've inspired me! I've started designing a Museum of Prehistory for my game and I've been hunting for custom content to go in it.

Ah nice glad to hear that! :D

Those are some really nice finds of yours, you really did a good job.
I personally didn`t had luck with some of the links provided. The first SynapticSim's Lair probably doesn`t allow direct linking it results in an error message. I registered successfully but their search engine is broken too. What ever I type in it results in errors. I searched through their items sections but didn`t found anything related to the topic. Usually it was all horror movie themed and supernatural themed items. Maybe I ventured to the wrong place, but that was it.
I managed to download the things you uploaded and from some the others bellow, turns out I already had the weird fishbones from Alice, I don`t know how I didn`t remember to mention that but good thing you did, you saved the day hhehe :D
And I couldn`t register at Blacky's Sims Zoo, nothing is happening. I turned off the translater because sometimes that can cause problems but it didnt work. I accepted the TOS and on the next page I entered all the information click send and nothing is happening. No email from it either. It`s like a dead page. I can surf through the forum just fine I even opened all the dinosaur pages but can`t download any of it without registration. So no luck with that.
The rest bellow all worked fine.

So in conclusion I don`t have access to Blacky's Sims Zoo and on SynapticSim's Lair I can`t find the items. So if you managed to pull those out of them and if it`s around then if it isn`t too much hassle to upload those somewhere too.
Take your time, no rush, whenever you can get to it. I have to say that I am not really in a rush atm because I am busy with other things in life and other projects. When I find the time I am just still searching through files. I don`t even have the game installed back yet I am just looking through information and gathering files and when I get most what I need and the time will be right I will start playing TS2 again. This is basically the only game I want to play again on my PC. Still need to sort things out and hopefully I can get around playing soon enough.

So that is that for now. If I manage to find something I will make sure to post and as always thanks for all the help.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 3:34 AM
The dinosaurs (and a sabre-toothed tiger) made by SynapticSim can be found on their site in the SynapticSim's Meshes section. They are (currently) on page 3 in the Object Meshes subsection.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 5:54 PM Last edited by pirohp : 17th Feb 2020 at 11:21 PM.
Thank you, I managed it now. There is also on the same section currently on page 1 a T-Rex from Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I also took the edited panther statue by Veranka, same page.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirohp
Does anyone have dinosaur items and other fossils for a museum set for download? I've lost the old files and wonder if anyone have these ready to download.
So far all I can find online are images but the few download links and pages are dead.

The last two pictures in your post appear to show bones from Castaway Stories. You can get them here in a post near the bottom of the page. I checked and the link still works.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11872.0.html
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 10:30 AM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The last two pictures in your post appear to show bones from Castaway Stories. You can get them here in a post near the bottom of the page. I checked and the link still works.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11872.0.html

Thank you, ah so that is where it's from, always found it familiar but couldn't wrap my mind around it, been so long since I played that one.
Also I love it how the person described one of the packs simply "Decorative Crap" that is just genius...
Took that one too just in case alongside Miscellany. :D

Shark's teeth "sculpture" by TheNinthWave.

Nice find :D

I am not lucky finding things anymore, what ever I search lately for on daily basis on the internet either are things I already been through or dead pages and most of the results are just irrelevant junk.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirohp
Thank you, ah so that is where it's from, always found it familiar but couldn't wrap my mind around it, been so long since I played that one.
Also I love it how the person described one of the packs simply "Decorative Crap" that is just genius...
Took that one too just in case alongside Miscellany. :D

I think that "Decorative Crap" includes the piles of treasure. Your Fortune sims will be delighted!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 2:24 AM
I often fail to find things when I'm specifically looking for them, but when I'm randomly browsing TS2 websites and forums because I'm procrastinating doing useful RL things I do come across some nifty stuff :-D

And on that note - FracturedMoonlight's mammoth tusks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 8:09 AM
I can relate to that even in real life, when I search for something I never find it or there is a 5% chance I will find it but when I don't look for it, it randomly appears or during a search for something completely else. One of those "ah that is where you were hiding" moments :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 9:41 PM
Thank you for the links everyone, I was looking for museum type things and these will be of great use
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 4:34 AM
Yup that is why we are here to help each other out and share. Even if it's just a thought it can inspire great things. I still believe that the Sims community is so far the nicest one. I can't remember other games have such a lovely community. Maybe it's just a lack of experience for me and there is another one out there. But so far this community rules.
Looking at it now the collection is getting quite big to make a decent museum. I think I didn't had this much back in a day when I built the first one and can't wait to start building it once again. This time I will make sure to preserve my screenshots, can't find a single one from the old build.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 24th May 2020 at 7:26 AM
I know this thread is old but for museums in general these display cabinets would come in handy.
http://modthesims.info/d/356329/rec...m-cabinets.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 1:03 AM