Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#1901 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 7:21 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 17th Jul 2021 at 2:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Just to make it clear for me. I thought that he will. But my guessing is based on this Cat's pic shooted for Bravo House:
https://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/...thRoofProof.jpg
There was a bath tube. Does the same work with combos?

It's been my extensive experience that this doesn't work in an unmodded game, presumably because of the door swing, but it's my understanding that Cath has a mod in her game that allows it. It's not a mod specifically for dog washing, but rather one made to allow Sims to move in-between objects they normally wouldn't be able to, such as objects placed cross-corner from one another, in my understanding. She can elaborate herself.
Showertubs and regular tubs behave the same in regard to dog washing, in my experience.
Advertisement
Theorist
#1902 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 11:22 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 17th Jul 2021 at 1:45 PM.
OMG! I need this mod! This bathroom placement is kinda common in my the Sims 2. Where can I find it?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1903 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 2:34 PM
OMG! I need this mod! This bathroom placement is kinda common in my the Sims 2. Where can I find it?

She will have to tell you herself because I don't remember.
Forum Resident
#1904 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 5:04 PM
So this stated off as a small Victorian but then kept expanding it! woops!
I might change the dark grey trim though

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1905 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 1:55 PM
It's impossible for Tudorman to create something small it seems
Looks good so far

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1906 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
It's impossible for Tudorman to create something small it seems
Looks good so far

oh haha and yess i have created a few smaller houses! but sometimes it gets a little out of hand

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1907 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 3:54 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 20th Jul 2021 at 10:41 PM.
You may have something in your head when start every lot, Tudorman. Because when you start right from the huge lot, that means you plan to build the house to fit it. You couldn't return then to the small one. That's not Sims 4 where can leave houses without rooms and walls so easily by in-game tools. And also not Sims 2 where you has Lot Adjuster For that. You need to have something particular in your brain when you build in the Sims 3.

Yay! I finally got one upload submitted for cottagecore theme! I can rest in peace since there.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Forum Resident
#1908 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 11:06 PM
You may have something in your head when start every lot, Tudorman. Because when you start right from the huge lot, that means you plan to build the house to fit it. You couldn't return then to the small one. That's not Sims 4 where can leave houses without rooms and walls so easily by in-game tools. And also not Sims 2 where you has Lot Adjuster For that. You need to have something particular in your brain when you build in the Sims 3.

Yay! I finally got one upload submitted for cottagecore theme! I can rest in peace since there.

So very true!
And thats awesome !

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1909 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 3:17 AM
Johnny, do you upload your TS2 Lots anywhere?
Alchemist
#1910 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 2:51 PM
I want to upload them here. I just have to get my ass up and finish.

#1911 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 3:43 PM
I want to upload them here. I just have to get my ass up and finish.

If you want to submit it for cottagecore theme then you have little time left for that. It ends at July 21nd. Tell your ass to hurry up.

Forum Resident
#1912 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 12:22 AM
I changed up the color a bit!
Blue or Grey?
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1913 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:48 PM
I like red colour because it reminds me about communists.

Forum Resident
#1914 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 11:58 PM
Here is something kinda smallish! HAHA its a Tudor Revival storybook cottage!
Started this some time last year i think haha
just about finished

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1915 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 4:05 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 23rd Jul 2021 at 4:34 PM.
Put a brown roof on it and it's perfect. I like the carriage house.

Edit: The Bespoke set makes any simple house look heaps better. I love it. Makes building much more enjoyable, and I'll probably use it until I'm burnt out and can't see TS2 anymore.
Screenshots

#1916 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 9:49 AM
I am not sure I ever feel the same about The Sims 2. Because for me it's always about wrong sun angles, stuck unremovable objects, lot adjuster errors, super duper hug bug, sticked sims references and many many other... Possibly honeywell's set is a ray of shine in this dark kingdom.
Edit: The Bespoke set makes any simple house look heaps better. I love it. Makes building much more enjoyable, and I'll probably use it until I'm burnt out and can't see TS2 anymore.

Uw wait! I thought Honeywell's set has default replacement for those maxis brown stairs to match her content. Was I wrong? Did you used here the whole set? She has EVERYTING in there. From roof to mail boxes.

Forum Resident
#1917 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 4:04 PM
Changed the roof to Wooden Shingles, looks much better. A few more things to do and should be done!
Just need a name??? Built in Appaloosa Plains
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1918 Old 24th Jul 2021 at 9:48 PM
The estate of love!

Forum Resident
#1919 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 1:25 AM
See I am capable of building a small family home!
3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, single story home
sits on a 40X30 lot
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1920 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
See I am capable of building a small family home!
3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, single story home
sits on a 40X30 lot

You're joking, presumably?
I wouldn't call that a small home.
Just to compare, your bathrooms are the same size as the main bedroom in Johnny's latest house.
As of now, the accusation stands - you're incapable of making a small house.
J'Accuse...!
Forum Resident
#1921 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
You're joking, presumably?
I wouldn't call that a small home.
Just to compare, your bathrooms are the same size as the main bedroom in Johnny's latest house.
As of now, the accusation stands - you're incapable of making a small house.
J'Accuse...!

It us small compared my huge mansions and yes might shrink the one bathroom!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1922 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 5:55 PM
I agree with Rob.
Compared to your other homes, yes, it's small. However I think the only difference here is that it's a ranch/bungalow. The kitchen (6x8) is almost as large as my 'Blue's Cottage' (6x9).
You making a really small home would be a very unexpected sight, since I just treat the size of your homes as a 'trademark'. Just a typical Tudorman thing :p

#1923 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 7:40 PM
When I see your house first, TudorMan, I thought exacly like you that It's smaller then other your mansions. So it's small obviously when compared to your own creations.
This featurething is interesting, because I usually start from small lot and then it could grow, but a little bit. Though I have ths castle as exception, that's the only one I ever made this huge. I'd like to learn building such a huge mansions like yours. ^_^

Mad Poster
#1924 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 3:51 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 27th Jul 2021 at 4:39 PM.
Hey there all ya'll I'm back from a much needed 2 week vacation (withOUT an internet connection!) .
It looked ^ up the thread ^ like you were all having a great time building - I love the reworked "saltbox" ('course, I liked the original idea too!)

I haven't fired up the game yet, but I think - IIRC:
- If the door is adjacent to the tub with the taps/faucet end near the door - then dogs can be successfully bathed. The "human" will use the square in front of the taps (even with the door there) and the dog will use the other open square...
- In reverse, if the back end (without taps) is adjacent to the door, the dog will have issues getting into the tub (because the door is in the way - might not be an issue if the door is closed? And changing the swing orientation of the door might make a difference too?)
But... like has been mentioned, not every house needs to provide indoor dog bathing amenities . In RL, arid desserts and tropical climes do not get snow in the winter, and for TS2 - many players don't choose a winter season because the snow-animation slows down their games, so outdoor dog-bathing is a great option. Or players can always add a doggie tub inside their garages... It's not a deal-breaker. I just like to provide/note it where I can, because sooooooo many sim-builders do not even think about it.
...and no - no mods to do it.
I have used SilentLucidity's "Around & Through Blocks" (found somewhere here on MTS) for really small/angled bathrooms - but, that was many years ago. Now I build doggie-tested bathrooms without mods. If it works, I mention it the description that it is a "pet friendly" build.

TudorMan - I love that even your small houses are huge :lovestruc Have you ever tried to build a "starter" (is that even a thing in TS3?) What are the comparable price ranges on your homes?

Vic - I'm glad you could upload to the cottagecore theme! Congrats!

OK - well - I'm off to start the laundry, go to the grocery store, pick up our mail at the post... etc...
I'll be checking out all the new house downloads soon
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1925 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 6:46 PM
Buffalo!

Page 77 of 98