Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2015 at 1:49 PM
Default WCIF Mod to allow different books on different bookshelves
Pretty much as the title describes, at the moment the game works in sort of a shared basis with bookshelves. For example I want to have one shelf for skill books and another for a specific genre of books etc.

Has this already been done? If so where can I find it? If not is anyone open to a request to make it? [If it's at all possible]

Thanks in advanced
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 10:21 PM
I'm unsure if what you're asking for is at all possible.

Think of it like an inventory. In TS4, the bookshelves are just physical representations of the same inventory; the more bookshelves you add, the more access points to that same single inventory you will have (i.e. the same books will show up when opening every shelf. Even if you did not place a specific book in that particular shelf, it will still "be there"). It's like having everything you need in a large sack. The more holes you make in the sack, the "easier" the access to the objects will be. If I make any sense.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 12:40 PM
It's alright if it isn't possible, I was just asking because for myself I would find it handy. Increasing the amount of books they can hold would also be helpful, I have bought all the skill books on previous sims and the bookshelves don't have space for them all. Especially with the new skills books from expansions.

Thanks for the replies
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 12:38 AM
Default Hey Heeyyyyyy Guess WHAT
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...okshelfs-chests

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK