Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2020 at 7:17 PM
Default Your dream job
In the past few years, I've been meaning to pursue a job. But I rather follow my dream and create a line of action dolls (like the old GI Joes) and fashion dolls (like Barbie) in the likeness of popular characters.

I think standard office work would kill me.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th May 2020 at 7:42 PM
I always wanted to be a fully funded research professor like my advisor. He had various government agencies competing to fund his research. He was also quite well known in his field. He would design three research programs and had each one dependent upon the other for completion, saving the government a lot of money. That didn't sit well with the funding department, tho.
Imagine being able to work on a quantum dynamics of cold fusion, or a gravity "shield". yeah... crank stuff. Sure it is.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2020 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I always wanted to be a fully funded research professor like my advisor. He had various government agencies competing to fund his research. He was also quite well known in his field. He would design three research programs and had each one dependent upon the other for completion, saving the government a lot of money. That didn't sit well with the funding department, tho.
Imagine being able to work on a quantum dynamics of cold fusion, or a gravity "shield". yeah... crank stuff. Sure it is.

I feel for you. We both need money and investors for our dream jobs. Of course, in my case, I need to probably need money to build a prototype but I've never built a doll beyond head\body swaps and reroots.

Doing it from scratch is going to require some help to make a body with ABS plastic, the same base plastic as LEGOs and numerous other hard plastic dolls and vinyl heads with nylon hair. I know a lady who sells nylon doll hair, but the vinyl head part is another.

I have heard of some doll collectors making faces for the head of the doll they're modifying. I saw this one doll years ago (prior to 2010) of Lady Tremaine, the wicked stepmother in the 1950 Disney's Cinderella. The doll collector made the face sculpt herself and then made it into a doll head.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2020 at 2:47 AM Last edited by HarVee : 28th May 2020 at 3:00 AM.
I think being the world's leading Egyptologist would be cool. Well that or maybe the world's leading Wumbologist.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2020 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I think being the world's leading Egyptologist would be cool. Well that or maybe the world's leading Wumbologist.

Wumbology requires passing the first grade of it and that's a struggle to remember the various conjugation of wumbo.

Scholar
#6 Old 28th May 2020 at 5:19 PM
Probably something with history, preferably stuff from 400+ years ago. I kind of just want to know and understand stuff
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th May 2020 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
Probably something with history, preferably stuff from 400+ years ago. I kind of just want to know and understand stuff

I bet you might find something from prior to 1620 at the library or online that might be of interest.

Do you learn better with books or digital? Usually notebooks help sear it in my mind and I get a cheap but fulfilling thrill out of it.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th May 2020 at 6:37 PM
Trophy husband, but like, my face is not suited for that, so...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th May 2020 at 9:46 PM
My dream throughout my life was to be a nurse, but unfortunately that is no longer an option for me. Now my dream is to work with an indie horror game studio. Rusty Lake, Killmonday, Playdead, Frictional, all of those places are huge inspirations of mine, especially Playdead and Rusty Lake. I'd like to work on games similar to Fran Bow and almost all of the Rusty Lake games, and when I say that I mean surrealist horror games. Killmonday, whose game Fran Bow (despite the terrible ending) remains one of my favorites so many years later, and Frictional are both based in Sweden, and because many of my friends I've made in game development are also Swedish, I've begun learning the language lol.

Gotta get through college first, though. In the meantime I need some sort of job...
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 29th May 2020 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chocoberrychoco
Trophy husband, but like, my face is not suited for that, so...

I have a face for radio and a voice for silent movies.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th May 2020 at 2:25 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 30th May 2020 at 2:37 AM.
Video game designer. Been thinking about making monster collection games and shows because I am such a nerd for such things (Pokémon, Digimon, Lilo and Stitch, Spectrobes, Viva Piñata, Yo-Kai Watch...you get the idea.) When I saw a map of the United States rendered like a Generation III map in Pokémon, it was an interesting piece of fanart that I wanted to make something worth more than just a map. The Seattle area was marked as a city with a gym. True, the Seattle area is a major hub, but to be deemed major enough in such fanart that it's worth having a gym was what threw me.

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 31st May 2020 at 12:50 PM
Playing Sims all day?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2020 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Playing Sims all day?

If you can log any bugs in the game, they might pay extra.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 4:53 PM
It's starting to become a questionnaire.

In no particular order...my 3 likely dream jobs

1. Doll Designer
2. Video Game Designer
3. Candy Designer

If I made candy, I would probably give Haribo and Trolli a run for their money.

Banned
#15 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 11:13 AM Last edited by cerasser : 9th Jul 2020 at 11:04 AM.
I want to work as web developer but I am beginner in web development but I prefer to use only legal software. Because illegal ones can work with bags and glithces. Now I work on my ehr system. I found information about how to build an ehr system correctly and follow needed guide.
dodgy builder
#16 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 3:32 PM
I'm being educated as a 3d generalist now, so my dream would be to work in a game company as a character designer.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 10:37 PM Last edited by jotaerre : 8th Jul 2020 at 2:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm being educated as a 3d generalist now, so my dream would be to work in a game company as a character designer.

@Volvenom same here, but I'd go for Capcom, Namco-Bandai or Square-Enix, with no preference order, suddenly as freelancer working for all 3, as last resource any software developer not related to EA.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Test Subject
#18 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 9:42 AM
I work as a web designer and I can say that this is the work of my dreams.
dodgy builder
#19 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
@Volvenom same here, but I'd go for Capcom, Namco-Bandai or Square-Enix, with no preference order, suddenly as freelancer working for all 3, as last resource any software developer not related to EA.

jotaerre Do say more Why those? *off googling

It's a bit odd really, because I'm not interested in videogame of the sort I want to make characters for. I'm more into civI VI if I want to have fun.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 13th Jul 2020 at 3:58 AM
My ideal job would be caring for wildlife but at my age that is only an option through voluntary work which doesn't pay.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 6:36 PM
Building robot copies of people in my dreams and real life with AI. Sort of a Madame Tussaud's but with androids and gynoids.

I currently am working on an AI in my spare time.

#22 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 9:05 AM
Voice acting. I already do some online (I've been in the Final Fantasy In A Nutshell videos by Rabtoons since FFVI) but it'd be amazing to have a big role in a big project.
Scholar
#23 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 6:28 PM
My dream job was always to be a groom and look after horses, I even went to college and studied horses.

But then I discovered that I had a chronic disease, which put an end to all that.

Now I work in payroll, but I have had my own horses in the past (and would love to again, once I can afford it).

I actually quite enjoy my job, it's not exactly something little girls dream of doing when they grow up, but it's busy and interesting, no 2 days are the same.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 9:31 PM
If "dream job" doesn't cut it, if you're into fantasy you can always take up the job of "chosen one"... At least it gets you (or any youngish ones over the age of 18) out of the house
(Fry & Laurie example --> ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U7GKdbiA2c

I don't know what my actual dream job would be. Maybe something creative - but without any deadlines, because I hate those...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 9:05 PM
Currently testing out various Shave Ice Syrup flavors as a test for tasteologist and kept notes.

There are numerous jobs testing the biometrics of food in food production (like how squeaky the curds are on Tillamook cheese) to pushing the limits (like how mozzarella stretches on pizza) to flavor quality assurance. (to make sure the flavor is constant every batch)

Page 1 of 2