Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mission State University - no CC.

by aelflaed Posted 20th Mar 2019 at 12:19 AM - Updated 20th Mar 2019 at 8:42 PM by aelflaed

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Inventor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 11:36 AM
This is amazing! Instantly adding it to my hood!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 3:52 PM
This looks amazing! Thanks so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#28 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Sandy2Simmer : 20th Mar 2019 at 4:13 PM. Reason: had a question
Looks terrific!! Great job and thanks so much for putting so much thought and effort into to the University. Love it!

My path to install was a bit different for Win7 :) Also, do we need to remove the -CompressedFinal from template after placing in Neighborhood templates? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 5:32 PM
This looks great! I'm always in need of university neighborhoods.
Inventor
#30 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 6:13 PM
@aelflaed I added this university to my hood and for some reason all lots were empty. They had names, but everything was empty, no buildings at all. Why?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:24 PM
Awesome job on this university hood. I've created a couple hoods of my own in my custom town. You must've spent hours on yours. I can't wait to download this and add the hood to my game!! Thanks so much for sharing this!!! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#32 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:27 PM
@Anhaeyn - The folder inside the archive is named "UMAE-CompressedFinal". When you place it in your program files you'll need to rename the folder to just "UMAE" to get it to work right.
Inventor
#33 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
@Anhaeyn - The folder inside the archive is named "UMAE-CompressedFinal". When you place it in your program files you'll need to rename the folder to just "UMAE" to get it to work right.

Thanks! Will do that now.
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 7:57 PM
I just added normal university to my hood and your is better if I think. Damn.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 8:32 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 20th Mar 2019 at 8:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
@aelflaed I added this university to my hood and for some reason all lots were empty. They had names, but everything was empty, no buildings at all. Why?

My goodness, I am sorry. I forgot to fix the folder name - RoxEllen is right, just remove the extra wordage. I will fix the file directly.

EDIT: file should now work out of the box. My apologies, everyone! And thanks for picking that up.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 9:52 PM
It just so happens that lately I've been thinking about playing university, it's been a long time, and now with this hood, I've made my decision. I can hardly wait to play it now. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 3:04 AM
It's beautiful!
Instructor
#38 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
My goodness, I am sorry. I forgot to fix the folder name - RoxEllen is right, just remove the extra wordage. I will fix the file directly.

EDIT: file should now work out of the box. My apologies, everyone! And thanks for picking that up.

"My path to install was a bit different for Win7 Also, do we need to remove the -CompressedFinal from template after placing in Neighborhood templates? Thanks!"

Guess the above replies answered my question as well, although I would've liked my question acknowledged, but its all good.
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 7:07 PM
Love this uni and will definately be playing it! I'd like it on a lush terrain though, and simply changing the terrain with hood replace doesn't seem to change it between the road and sidewalk, nor on the curved pieces. Any idea on how to fix this? (I'm rubbish with these kinds of techinal stuff). Cheers
Alchemist
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandy2Simmer
"My path to install was a bit different for Win7 Also, do we need to remove the -CompressedFinal from template after placing in Neighborhood templates? Thanks!"

Guess the above replies answered my question as well, although I would've liked my question acknowledged, but its all good.

@Sandy2Simmer, sorry for not answering you specifically. I just dealt with the issue as fast as I could when i saw people were having problems, and was grateful that RoxEllen had already helped with it. I hope Mission U is working well for you now.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 7:49 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 21st Mar 2019 at 8:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Morbidmuch
Love this uni and will definately be playing it! I'd like it on a lush terrain though, and simply changing the terrain with hood replace doesn't seem to change it between the road and sidewalk, nor on the curved pieces. Any idea on how to fix this? (I'm rubbish with these kinds of techinal stuff). Cheers

I’m sorry, I don’t know how to change that. I’m sure someone does, though, if it can be done. If no one pops up here with an answer, maybe try the Sims2 discussion area? Does the in-game terrain change cheat have the same issue?

I put it on dirt because I wanted something different from lush, but not desert. And concrete mountains are just weird.

EDIT - I thought of another option for you - CuriousB has a default replacement for dirt terrain that is only slightly less green than the EA lush. That might do the trick for you, if you are not keen on the dirt terrain at all.
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 9:11 PM
I’m sorry, I don’t know how to change that. I’m sure someone does, though, if it can be done. If no one pops up here with an answer, maybe try the Sims2 discussion area? Does the in-game terrain change cheat have the same issue?

I put it on dirt because I wanted something different from lush, but not desert. And concrete mountains are just weird.

EDIT - I thought of another option for you - CuriousB has a default replacement for dirt terrain that is only slightly less green than the EA lush. That might do the trick for you, if you are not keen on the dirt terrain at all.

The in game change cheat gives the same results, yes.

Thanks, I'll try CuriousB's default replacement first and then hit the discussion forum. Thank you for all your hard work on this uni though, it's (besides the dirt, lol) perfect for my game.
Instructor
#43 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 11:11 PM
@Sandy2Simmer, sorry for not answering you specifically. I just dealt with the issue as fast as I could when i saw people were having problems, and was grateful that RoxEllen had already helped with it. I hope Mission U is working well for you now.

Thanks for your reply I had actually waited to install until I could be sure of the answer, which was as I had thought. Had a chance to check out the lots earlier today and I'm loving the dorms so far and look forward to exploring and playing the Uni you have built, great job!!!!! :lovestruc :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 11:22 PM
A magnificent accomplishment!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:16 AM
I was really like this Univeristy too, i thought okay, i download it.. and than comes the Surprise.. empty. The Lots are everywhere, but no Buildings. Not a single one. Im sad, dont know how to fix this.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaligi
I was really like this Univeristy too, i thought okay, i download it.. and than comes the Surprise.. empty. The Lots are everywhere, but no Buildings. Not a single one. Im sad, dont know how to fix this.

Edit: Now i tested again and its worked. It was actionly my bad, because i dont know why i renamed the folder and that was a problem. Changed back the Name, and it is fully working now.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaligi
Edit: Now i tested again and its worked. It was actionly my bad, because i dont know why i renamed the folder and that was a problem. Changed back the Name, and it is fully working now.

The names of the folder and the files all have to match, if you renamed the folder only, it will not work. But I think you discovered that already.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#48 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:17 AM
You came just in time! I was going to be stuck building and building a custom university world before I could progress my main world.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#49 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 1:59 AM
I downloaded this and checked it out in my game last night- well done, it's so awesome! Adding it to my legacy hood. :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#50 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:13 PM
Thank for your kind comments, everyone. I'm glad it is working properly now!
Page 2 of 5