Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Body Shop - Clean UI & Widescreen

by SmugTomato Posted 25th Mar 2021 at 1:24 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2022 at 11:03 AM by SmugTomato : Fixed a scrollbar in the import menu for hair

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
If it did work after you set the resolution to 1920x1080 it should also work on the default 1600x900 since it's the same aspect ratio.
As long as it works like this, I'm happy with it.

It's not possible to keep the old blue UI with this mod, the Body Shop UI didn't lend itself very well to being extended like the in-game UI so I had to resort to redesigning large parts entirely.
Thanks for that reply, I'll enjoy my big wide Bodyshop with the Clean UI then, it looks great.
Thanks again for sharing this!
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 11:48 PM
Hi! Thanks for this mod! It's been sorely needed. However, I am having an issue where the check and x buttons are cut off at the bottom of the screen in the default settings. My monitor is definitely large enough to handle a 1600x900 window size so I'm not sure what to do next in the ini file. Do you have any suggestions?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 12:26 AM Last edited by SmugTomato : 26th Mar 2021 at 12:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by persongirl
Hi! Thanks for this mod! It's been sorely needed. However, I am having an issue where the check and x buttons are cut off at the bottom of the screen in the default settings. My monitor is definitely large enough to handle a 1600x900 window size so I'm not sure what to do next in the ini file. Do you have any suggestions?

Is your monitor 1600x900 exactly, or is it bigger?

The full window size will actually be slightly larger than 1600x900 to account for the titlebar and borders, it will also need to be able to fit above the Windows taskbar which is about 40 pixels tall on Windows 10. If your screen resolution is exactly 1600x900 the window will be forced to be slightly smaller, in this case I'd recommend using a program called borderless gaming and set up Body Shop to automatically have borderless mode enabled.

Another possibility is that you've got desktop dpi scaling set up, having this set above 100% on a 1080p display will reduce your resolution enough to make the window not fit.
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 12:40 AM Last edited by persongirl : 26th Mar 2021 at 12:51 AM.
Thank you for your reply! I admit I do have it set to scale 125% because it's hard for me to read the standard font sizes at 100% but I suppose I can just scale it back when I want to use BodyShop. I'm also having an issue where it takes a lot longer to load no matter if I leave it at default iMaxRetries or put it up to 5000. I added an exception in windows antivirus. This is isn't a huge issue though, bodyshop tends to behave like that on it's own before I apply a 4GB patch to it. Should I apply a 4GB patch to this launcher as well? Thanks again!

EDIT: Nevermind I think I've got it now, thank you for all the help! Disregard the image it was before I tried it again.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 12:54 AM
You can override the dpi scaling for Body Shop itself and keep it enabled for everything else as well, make sure to do it to the original TS2BodyShop.exe or it won't have any effect.
The 4GB patch for the launcher probably won't hurt but it shouldn't change anything either.
The iMaxRetries doesn't actually affect Body Shop's loading time, it's just there to make sure the camera hack doesn't instantly fail due to Body Shop not being in a fully loaded state. If it keeps giving you the error raise the number(though I really hope Body Shop isn't taking 5+ minutes to load :P)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 3:39 AM
I've tried all of the suggestions, but my Bodyshop is still cut off on the bottom right
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 6:27 AM
!!! this is amazing :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 10:17 AM
oh my goodness! i can't wait to install this! many, many space thank yous!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 11:29 AM
Thank you so much for this! :-D I have a small problem though. Do you have any idea why anti-aliasing won't work for me? I edit the globalprops.xml (in M&G's TSData\Res\CSConfig) file in notepad, change the "0" to "4" in the right place (<AnyUint32 type="0xeb61e4f7" key="antialiasingQuality">4</AnyUint32>), but it doesn't work :-(
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyBaby
I've tried all of the suggestions, but my Bodyshop is still cut off on the bottom right

Can you please provide the following:
  • Your Windows version
  • Your display resolution
  • Your display scaling settings
  • A screenshot of the entire Body Shop window

To make sure I see your reply, please send it as a PM

Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
Thank you so much for this! :-D I have a small problem though. Do you have any idea why anti-aliasing won't work for me? I edit the globalprops.xml (in M&G's TSData\Res\CSConfig) file in notepad, change the "0" to "4" in the right place (<AnyUint32 type="0xeb61e4f7" key="antialiasingQuality">4</AnyUint32>), but it doesn't work :-(

That's weird, it worked for me. All I know is that I did run Graphics Rules Maker on Body Shop before I changed that setting, maybe that has something to do with it.
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 4:43 PM
I just wanted to throw it out there that if you get the message about failing to initialize one or more pointers you could try starting the shortcut as an admin I know by default the program has those privileges but for some reason clicking start as admin fixes the issue for me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmie-404
I just wanted to throw it out there that if you get the message about failing to initialize one or more pointers you could try starting the shortcut as an admin I know by default the program has those privileges but for some reason clicking start as admin fixes the issue for me.

If you're getting that message you will need to simply raise the iMaxRetries value in the included ini file, the first time you start Body Shop after restarting Windows tends to take a bit longer.
Starting as admin should have no impact on it at all.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 4:55 AM
Eu amei ♥️♥️
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 1:06 AM
I love the clean interface and it's perfect *-*
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 11:39 AM
Really love this mod! Have been using it all day and it's just so awesome to finally be able to see what I'm doing in bodyshop, lol. I have run into an issue I wanted to point out. I've been having crashes when scrolling through my sim bin. Around the fifth or sixth page in, I get a crash to desktop. I tried yanking out my savedsims folder and making bodyshop generate a new one, and although that fixed the spot in which it was happening, it started occurring on a different page. My wife also downloaded this so I asked her to check it on her computer, and she is indeed having the same issue. Doesn't seem to happen with content categories, just the sims.

tumblr and [URL=https://simfileshare.net/folder/14069/[/URL]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 12:07 PM
I can't seem to reproduce the issue, perhaps there's some CC causing trouble?
There's also the setting 'bUseUIFix' in BodyShopHack.ini, which changes some code of Body Shop when the UI is hidden.
It shouldn't do anything when the UI isn't hidden and even when it is it shouldn't cause any crashes, but it might be worth setting it to 'False' just to test
Test Subject
#42 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 2:13 AM Last edited by Pooklet : 29th Mar 2021 at 8:15 AM.
I can't seem to reproduce the issue, perhaps there's some CC causing trouble?
There's also the setting 'bUseUIFix' in BodyShopHack.ini, which changes some code of Body Shop when the UI is hidden.
It shouldn't do anything when the UI isn't hidden and even when it is it shouldn't cause any crashes, but it might be worth setting it to 'False' just to test

Setting bUseUIFix to False doesn't seem to have fixed it. I thought it was something CC-related but it is happening on sims with no CC, and is happening for completely different sims on different catalogue pages each time I refresh the cache. It seems to be a cumulative effect, happening after I've clicked through a few pages. I yanked my Downloads and SavedSims folders, and my custom userBkg.bmp file, and it still happened after about 10 or so pages. I uninstalled the mod and was able to go through all the pages without crashes. Not sure what to do from here in terms of testing.

Forgot to add: My wife and I both are not using the Ultimate Collection, but rather the Double Deluxe version of the base game with all EPs/SPs. Dunno if that's relevant.

Second edit: I take back what I said about it not crashing without the mod. I uninstalled it a second time to do some more testing and now it is crashing in default bodyshop, too. Not sure why it was working the first time I uninstalled, just luck I guess. But I think that rules out this being related to the mod so please disregard my comments!

Final edit: OKAY! I know what happened now. Somehow my 4GB Patch uninstalled itself (a thing it apparently just does sometimes), and because this version of bodyshop loads more things per page, I was running out of memory super fast, which was causing the program to crash. So this was an issue I already had but just wasn't running into either because the 4GB Patch was still functioning at the time, or I wasn't loading enough stuff at once in the default version of bodyshop to run out of memory. But now everything is back in working order, mystery solved, sorry for clogging your comments, but hopefully this way if someone else is having crashing issues they'll know to check on their 4GB Patch and make sure it's still working correctly!

tumblr and [URL=https://simfileshare.net/folder/14069/[/URL]
Test Subject
#43 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 12:28 AM
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Where exactly do we install a custom background? In the downloads folder itself?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayloni
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Where exactly do we install a custom background? In the downloads folder itself?

No, not in the downloads folder but one folder above it. In other words, put it in the folder that contains your Sims 2 Downloads folder.
Test Subject
#45 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 3:19 PM Last edited by Docka45 : 1st Apr 2021 at 9:43 PM.
This looks absolutely amazing! Bodyshop has never looked better. *_* Ever since I started playing I again the bodyshop quality bothered me, but nothing I did could fix it until I downloaded this. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 8:47 PM
I loved it. One question, when I load a sim or change the age, gender, or the view, the camera shakes. It exist any solution for this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kakadimiel1200
I loved it. One question, when I load a sim or change the age, gender, or the view, the camera shakes. It exist any solution for this?

That has to do with they way I have to snap the camera back in place, I tried finding a more elegant solution but that didn't work out sadly.
If it really bothers you the best solution would be to go into free camera mode and positioning the camera to your liking, you can switch between free camera and static camera with the F3 key.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 2:52 PM
I've wanted this forever, as it's so much easier to delete things like makeup swatches from bodyshop, but the tiny screen was painful. This is amazing, thank you so so much <3 it works perfectly for me on my 1680x1050 screen
Inventor
#49 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 9:02 AM
Thank you very much! I enjoyed it, but recently, the UI has reverted to the old design while retaining the new resolution. Does anyone know what could possibly cause this? The recent adjustment I did in the installation folders was removing stealth hood folders.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Thank you very much! I enjoyed it, but recently, the UI has reverted to the old design while retaining the new resolution. Does anyone know what could possibly cause this? The recent adjustment I did in the installation folders was removing stealth hood folders.

That probably means either the package file was somehow deleted or the ini file was changed
Page 2 of 5