Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 12:34 AM Last edited by simsgat : 5th Sep 2021 at 1:57 PM.
Default Know which ANIMATIONS belong to objects (Resolved)
Hello everyone!
I have some animations in .psd and .bcf format and many objects. I would like to know if there is a way to know which animations belong to which object. I am looking for a simple way to be able to correlate them and thus be able to archive them in the best way. Now He himself was testing objects and seeing if they made any new animation, but there are so many that it is very tedious.
I hope you can help me.
Regards.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 1:18 AM
Hello, pal! @simsgat;

It is undoubtedly possible! See which one of the following solutions suits you best...

• Almost-effortless way (may not work in Complete Collection or any of the game's post-Hot Date patches!!): while in Live Mode, activate the cheat code prompt box, write "preview_anims ON" on it and then, obviously, hit "Enter". This being done, notice how you'll not only be able to view lists of a certain object's attributed animations by clicking on them, but alllllllso making the active Sim to reproduce them in a very adhoc-y way, regardless of how far they are from that object! In order to turn off this humble but powerful functionality, you can either use the cheat code "preview_anims OFF" or simply switch to Buy/Build/Camera/Option mode. But, again, some of the later versions of the game, for unknown reasons, thought it convenient to simply disable such cheat code from the game, then your safest bet is going to be the low-effort method...

Low-effort method: Download IFF Pencil and think of an object you fancy learning the animations it's attributed with. Open its .iff file using IFF Pencil and prepare your eyes for a good old Carnival of strings, BMPs and IDs of all sorts...

In this case, we are analyzing a coffee machine object, but keep in midn that the process of checking one object's used animations list is practically the same, regardless of which iff file you're currently studying, be it a coffee machine, be it a toilet, be it a guinea pig cage!

There at the first column (the resource list), filter the results by clicking on "STR#" so the program limits the visibility of the object's resources to its strings only

Among the filtered "STR#" results, you should be able to find and double click some strings that go by the names a2o, c2o, a2c, c2a, etc. These are the ones you'll find the object's animation list in! For context matters, "a" means "adult", "c" means "child" and "o" means "object"; then, naturally, if your object contains a string named, for example, "a2o", notice how it'll only be dedicated to the animations that the adult sims reproduce towards the object, so the availability of an x, y or z string entirely depends on the object you're playing with. Naturally, objects as the toy box and the playground will only display "c2o"-kind animations, as adults were never intended to have any types of interaction with them.

Have fun — call us if something in the midst of the task above went wrong

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
lixcpu@gmail.com
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 1:56 PM
Thank you @LUCPIX, for clarifying everything so detailed.
I have been able to understand everything the first time.
I have tried the "preview_anims ON" trick and it does not work for me. So I can only do it by checking with IFF Pencil. The bad thing is what I commented in the first message, that having so many objects it will be very difficult to check one But I have no other way to do it.
Again, thanks for your help. If I have any further questions, I'll tell you about it in this post.
Greetings pal! @LUCPIX.