Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modified NPC and Townie Names

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 17th Jul 2007 at 3:02 AM

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 84 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 12:33 AM
Ooh, thank you for uploading this HP! (And yes, I was excited to see my own name in the random sampling list..) Maybe I won't feel the incessant need to kill off all my Townies now that they'll have.. well.. good names
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 6:24 AM
I don't think you can have both this and jordi's, since they have the same name if you install this one it will just replace jordi's
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 5:56 PM
Thank you and thank whatever else I'm supposed to (ever the agnostic...XD). I was stark terrified one of my sims was going to fall for a man named GOOPY. WTF? Who writes these names?
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 7:02 PM
Oh this is so wonderful, I so often dreaded the names of the NPC'S and Townies.
Thanks for sharing your personal mod with all of us. I just love all the names you used and it makes sense to have our townies seem like normal.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 8:26 PM
thank you thank you thank you thank you (i could go on if you like!). THIS IS AMAZING! you even have a similar last name to me (byrd as opposed to bird!) I LOVE IT!!
i was just wondering, i deleted all the neighbourhood the sims comes with (veronaville etc.... bleurgh) and have my own custom neighbourhoods.... i was wondering if you know whether the names will work on these pre created and played custom neighbourhoods, or if they have to be brand spanking never-played-before new neighbourhoods? thanks again

if you ask me what im thinking.... the answer is always the same.

girl with a one track mind over here.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 9:04 PM
absolutelyfabulous7: Existing sims in your custom 'hoods will not be effected. However, if you kill off townies, marry them, etc., the game will generate new ones unless you have a hack to prevent it from doing so. These new townies will have the new names.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 4:38 AM
Just had to tell you I started a new neighborhood last week and am loving this mod! Some new characters had been generated prior to the download, but I'm seeing new townies and NPCs with your names! Such a breath of fresh air to see some variety in there, and I like the names that you've chosen and that there are so many of them.

Thanks so much. You rock!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#33 Old 21st Jul 2007 at 6:17 AM
Just for SyrenaV's info, the original names are those of the EA development team; and while I do appreciate the irony of having the development team fall foul of their own bad coding (insta-bald and knee-walking, anyone?), I think with a few adjustments (I couldn't let Labrys in without adding Nysha ) this will make a wonderful adjustment to my rather unromantically literatured game; thankyou muchly :D

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#34 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:31 PM
Ooh, I hope Severus is somewhere in there! *is a huge Snape fan* lol, I'm still so downloading this. ^.^ Thankies!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 8:13 PM Last edited by spiffeystar : 27th Jul 2007 at 8:16 PM.
Thanks! I've been meaning to download this kind of thing for some time, but I've found that I've grown fond of Townie names that are unusual. So this was the perfect one for me, with the added bonus that unusual does not have to mean UGLY!

My Legacy teen had a lovely girlfriend named Tabitha Lycurgus, and now has married Dahlia Sparrow, whose name is as beautiful as her face!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 12:38 AM
I would like to ask for some help.
I would like to make townie from one of my playable sims.
Sorry for my english..
Can you help me how to make townie from my sim who lives in family?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 10:02 AM
awesome names! i love biblical names and names from mythology as well. now i can have some for my townies! thank you tons! =)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 2:14 AM
I hope I'm not being dense here...I downloaded and installed this hack. First thing I did was play Uni in a completely new neighborhood. There, all the dormies had beautiful names from this hack, and I was mucho pleased. Then, my leg founder graduated and I had her move back into the regular hood. I started up her legacy shack and eagerly greeted the townies that came over as her welcome wagon, only to find Benjamin Long, Marisa Bendett, and Brandi LeTourneau.

The only thing that's happened in between these play sessions is I've installed InTeen, which I've never had before. Did I do something wrong? Should I have created a clean hood as that link from MATY describes? *scratches head*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 6:27 AM
dulcetpurr - If you don't make a completely clean neighborhood then you will still end up with those particular default sims. They come along with every 'hood unless you do the clean new 'hood like described on that MATY link. Random townies generated without a clean 'hood will indeed have these names, but you always have a pack of defaults (Joe Carr, Goopy Gilscarbo, Meadow Thayer, etc.) that come with every new 'hood unless you specifically go into the game files and get rid of them before making a new 'hood.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 1:32 PM
Ah, alright. Thank you HP.
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 10:33 PM
wow! I was always a bit annoyed at maxis names, like
-"Goopy Gilscarbo" M
-"Abhijeet Depiesse" M
-"La Shawn Fonda" F
-"Derek Vijackar" M
-"Komei Tellerman" M

but i love your names! they're quite posh

:¨·.·¨:
`·.Love yooh...♥♥
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:13 AM
This download is just perfect for what I'm looking for, I'm about to make a new clean neighborhood, so many thanks for all your hard work in putting this together!!!
Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 8:03 AM
Thank you so much; for some reason I fell under the impression that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell to ditch those absurd townie and NPC names. This helped me out a lot- if I hadn't found this I'd be stuck with Goopy Gilscarbo until the end of time. Went in and changed most the lists though (just for my own tastes, I just am not particularly fond of anglo names in general) and It's fantastic.
Test Subject
#44 Old 29th Sep 2007 at 11:42 PM
What? No Cliff? No Henderson?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 8:41 AM
fypos_necroman - Those are probably in there, or ones close to them. I browsed several name sites grabbing ones I liked. If they're not in there and you want to add them, they're easy to add in SimPE (just add a line to the end of the text list in SimPE), or you can make your own original lists using Jordi's instructions and program on his original thread.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 1:43 PM
i just have one problem...i cannot use the link to see how to make a clean hood.

a clean hood, is that one that is just a start from scratch, or do i have to do something special to get it?
(asking here, casue i am sick and tired of regestering at god knows howmany sites just to see one piece of information, or one item to download or one vid to look at....sorry, but thats me)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 1:54 PM
You don't need to register to view the link on making a clean neighborhood, Rayea.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5861.0.html

It's on a public area at MATY - I'm not registered there (never have been) and it works just fine.

It is more complicated than just starting from scratch... there's some stuff ya gotta do with files before you start or you get all the default townies.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 2:01 PM
ah, well the other link gave me a blank page with log in..infact, every time i have ever had a link from them so far, its been a regester to view thing.

sorry if i seem grumpy, but it just fries my bacon some days, the amount of sites you have to regester to even view stuff...

hm..looks complex, do you need to do the rename thing if your happy geting townies with your names on?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 2:32 PM
Strange. Just followed the link and copy-pasted. At least it's working now for you.

If you don't care about getting the default sims that every new neighborhood will get - Goopy Gilscarbo, Joe Carr, Meadow Thayer, etc., and you don't mind that these names will only be applied to new random sims that are generated in your neighborhood (baristas, random walkbys, townies to fill in when other ones get killed/married off) you don't have to do that. But you may not notice my names appearing immediately that way.

Field Researcher
#50 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 6:21 PM
hehe...took me 2 tries, but i managed it

my new hood had a papergirl that had a normal style name....thats how i know it worked mostly.

mind you, its not 100%, but thats casue i have BV and there was no defalt empty BV to dl..still, i only got the traveler family in my sim box, so that should mean im fine and clean, so long as i dont make a holiday destination till they maybe get a blank cleaned BV hood section up and running..but then again, maybe the holiday sims are stuck in their holiday areas unless i phone em up and invite em, in which case, they wont be going anywhere..mwuhahahaha! *cough*

thanks again HP :D

(my only worry now is my friend is gona want me to help him get the same thing, but with harry potter names going for his hood, still, its only vanila sims2 atm....just hope no one brings a multi name mod out that has random potter, starwars and startrek names in there....then im gona have to cry as he will WANT! it ^^)
Page 2 of 4