Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Silversong Porch Build Set - updated placement info

by Reyn Posted 13th Aug 2007 at 1:14 AM - Updated 23rd Jul 2008 at 9:51 PM by Reyn

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Scholar
#26 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 5:13 PM
A great addition !!! Thank you a lot Reyn !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 8:41 AM
Reyn and everyone I have made recolours that sit just on the half wall (5.5 clicks high apporx.) in all colours for here and Will upload them soon
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM
Sounds great! Look forward to seeing them!

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 9:44 PM
Oh I've been looking for it...
I found it...
I'm so HAPPY ^^
They look beautiful, finally a porch with matching stairs and fence and everything~~ *.*
Beautiful work, THANK YOU!!!
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 7:04 PM
Very nice! Can't wait to see it in game. Should make my houses look more quaint now

"If you don't think women are explosive, try dropping one!" ~ Anonymous
Field Researcher
#31 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 25th Sep 2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: is a 'thanks' post :)
Wonderfully done
Really loving your 'Porch Build Set –Thank you so much.

*´)
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Platinum*¨)¸;*
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#32 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 4:29 PM
Reyn,

I noticed that sims can't walk across the footprint of the columns -- in this kind of situation (columns with only one tile of space sext to them -- the front porch on the pic), builders need to really pay attention where they place the columns (in the air, not on the porch, otherwise they'll block the path).

Maybe make note of that in the OP? It's kinda obvious once you think about it, but not *that* obvious .. there is nothing actually on the footprint that would have to be walk-through-prevented. Or if it were possible to fix this (make the columns "walk-through-able"), that would be even better.

Also: I'm happy to report that this does not need Uni -- any EP will do (for the fences), the rest works in the Base Game as well.

Thanks!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 12:23 PM
I'll take a look at this, once I get back from my vacation, It might be possible, and it might even be within my skill levels. I'd thought I'd made the suggestion on the OP to double check the footprint, but I'll double check until I get a moment to fix them.

Been a busy couple of months, I even missed the current challenge ;.; Fantasy is my favorite genre too.

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 9:34 AM
They're sooooooo lovely, thanks.
Banned
#35 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 6:01 AM
Great! I've been looking for more lattice options for a while!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 10:49 PM
do ya happen to have this for the sims 3? Im looking all over for it
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 16th Dec 2012 at 4:15 PM
I love the white! Wonderful!
Inventor
Original Poster
#38 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ardra Allen
do ya happen to have this for the sims 3? Im looking all over for it
I never got around to modding the sims 3 much - but I could probably look into porting it over unless someone else has already done something like it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 11:19 PM
I was looking for this from ages!!! Thank you so much, it's very beautiful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 7:55 PM
Really, really awesome job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 1:59 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:48 PM
this will help me finish so many of my lots . thank you ......awesome work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 26th Aug 2015 at 5:37 AM
I can't wait to make my houses even more unique. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 2:55 PM
I am surely going to enjoy the white set
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 5:43 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 11:14 PM
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Thank-you! These are brilliant!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 4:21 PM Last edited by Lucydique : 17th Oct 2018 at 8:45 PM.
I just checked all my downloads with SimPE for duplicate GUIDs and it showed me that 2 of your files use the same main GUID. It's RS_TimberColumn_081207 and RS_TimberColumn_112806 I'm guessing the numbers at the end are a date and those are updated versions? Can you tell me if I'm right? Am I supposed to only keep the 081207 one? Thanks!
Instructor
#48 Old 30th May 2019 at 9:08 PM Last edited by jasperville : 1st Jun 2019 at 4:55 AM.
You are a genius indeed, and I wasn't. I didn't fully understand what this set was, it is a series of columns that look like fences. So I kept looking in fences and could not find them. So I finally found them all in columns.

My only issue is sometimes the game eats the column fences if it doesn't like where they are, even with the move objects cheat. Creating a fence would solve these problems, but perhaps fences are harder to create than columns? Either way these look great in game, big love and thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#49 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 4:43 AM
Thank you
Page 2 of 2