Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Gem Cutting Options (Best, Random, Hidden, Unlocked Cuts) *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 6:40 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 11:58 AM by treeag

147 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 8:39 AM
I'm having a situation with HiddenCuts part of this mod that I'm not sure if it's a feature or a glitch. Did this mod change things so that cuts are unlocked on a household level and not the traditional per-Sim level?

My collector sim has collected enough gem types to unlock the Heart-Shaped and sent enough to be cut to unlock up to Crystal Ball. Put HiddenCuts in and Star, Skull, Polished and Spire cuts show up like they should - no problem. I switch to her housemate who's only supposed to have Emerald and Oval cuts and he's not got the same cut choices she does.

Is this deliberate or an oops and if it's deliberate is the a way I can turn it off? I'd kinda like to track of where each of them's at by what kind of cuts they've got available.
Theorist
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LunyKimberly
I switch to her housemate who's only supposed to have Emerald and Oval cuts and he's not got the same cut choices she does.

What's the problem exactly? He won't have same cut choices since he hadn't cut enough gems, you need the Unlocked Cuts mod for that.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
What's the problem exactly? He won't have same cut choices since he hadn't cut enough gems, you need the Unlocked Cuts mod for that.

::headdesk:: Sorry about that - the 'not' wasn't supposed to be there. Also I think he snuck up there that high with the cut options when I wasn't paying attention cuz I just tried this in a new 'hood with a different couple and everything showed/worked like it should have. Nevermind.
Test Subject
#79 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 11:14 PM
Egg Cut is STILL not showing up and i did every thing properly
Theorist
Original Poster
#80 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TFFG072
Egg Cut is STILL not showing up and i did every thing properly

Did you download the GemUnlockedEggCut.package? Also, what's your game version?
Theorist
Original Poster
#81 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:15 PM
Updated today. A new mod for best cut and merged the unlocker mod for Egg cut with GemUnlockedCuts.package.
Test Subject
#82 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Did you download the GemUnlockedEggCut.package? Also, what's your game version?
my game is fully updated
Theorist
Original Poster
#83 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:17 AM Last edited by treeag : 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:29 AM.
I actually need your version numbers. All of them, not just the base game and last EP. And still, with the old version, did you download GemUnlockedEggCut.package?

But with the new version now, does the egg cut appear?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 4:48 AM
I can't cut the Septarian Nodule, Geode, or Tiberium as Sculpter's Egg Cut
all the rest work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:49 PM
Any way this will be getting updated? It functions just fine but it seems to be causing issues with my spawners where they won't spawn materials. I've checked if it's complications elsewhere but all roads have led back to this mod being the source unfortunately. My guess is because it's not up to date with the most recent patch.
Theorist
Original Poster
#86 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 4:58 AM
I don't think this could even interfere with the spawners since it doesn't have anything to do with them. Have you tried removing ALL CC and just leave this one in for testing purpose?
Test Subject
#87 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:24 AM
Yes I did, I might however be able to explain what's going on. The only spawners that are being affected by the mod are the spawners for Late Night materials (Carbon Steel, Tungsten Carbide, Vampires Eye, Smithsonite) I don't know exactly what from the mod but be causing it, but has it been made compatible with Late Night?
Theorist
Original Poster
#88 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:58 PM
I didn't change anything for Late Night or any of the newer pack/patch, simply because there's nothing to update. But I'll look into it when I have some spare time, although I still have no idea if it even capable of interfering with the spawners. Do you know which mod is the culprit? The best cut, hidden cut, random, or the other?
Test Subject
#89 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:56 PM
Huh, after reinstalling these mods one by one the errors seemed to not be appearing, I haven't been around the spawners and wouldn't know how to force them to spawn something but if the errors aren't appearing then I have no idea what the problem is. If I see anything further I'll let you know about it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#90 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:17 PM
Okay, thank you Let me know if you find anything else.
Test Subject
#91 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 5:02 PM
When I first start my game these mods work and I can have my Sims cut any gem in any shape, just the way you modded it.
But when I take them on vacation (or bring them home from vacation), they suddenly lose the unlocked gem cut options.
What is happening?
I have fully patched game version 1.22.
Theorist
Original Poster
#92 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 5:11 PM
It's an EA bug. I think Awesomemod fixed that bug.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:37 PM
What the Will Wright is with all the mr mysterious gnomes doing in your yard -.-
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 5:17 AM
I tried the "Best Cut" mod by itself, but it didn't add any option to the gem's menu. Does it require one of the other mods as a prerequisite?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 5:34 AM
Nevermind, it appears to be the traveling that nixed the options for those gems. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 4:37 PM
Thank you for these wonderful mods your the best
Test Subject
#97 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 5:32 PM
Is there a way to get this to work on old gems as well instead of just on new gems found after mod is installed?
Theorist
Original Poster
#98 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 1:58 PM Last edited by treeag : 21st Oct 2011 at 2:55 PM.
This works just fine with 1.26/Pets installed. No need for any update, except for the Star & Skull cut tuning mod, which I've updated just now. With the new patch, Star cut already has a price (400), so I left it unchanged and only changed the price of Skull cut.

Quote: Originally posted by missangiekay
Is there a way to get this to work on old gems as well instead of just on new gems found after mod is installed?

It's an EA bug with gems. Awesomemod fixes that.
Test Subject
#99 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 10:26 AM
Is this compatible with 1.29? I like the option to use different cuts for my gems.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 3:22 PM
I was just going to as the same question as you starchile Can anyone let us know please?
Thanks
Page 4 of 6