Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Gem Cutting Options (Best, Random, Hidden, Unlocked Cuts) *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 6:40 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 11:58 AM by treeag

147 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 6
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#126 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 9:46 PM
Thanks for making the interactions show up after traveling, treeag It works great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 3:24 AM
You have no idea how happy i am to see that this mod was updated for the latest patch. I was so depressed after I narrowed down which mod was giving me trouble and saw it was this one. I log in, and find an update! Yay!
Test Subject
#128 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 5:57 AM Last edited by Zaerosz : 22nd Apr 2013 at 6:14 AM.
Sculptor's egg cuts still aren't available for septarian nodules and geodes (and presumably tiberium as well)? I've only got Hidden Cuts installed, because I didn't want to have all gem cuts available from the start. Also, is there any chance you could make the extra cuts available through the gem-cutting machine in Supernatural?

EDIT: I also see a lack of Sun/Moon cuts for such gems. Which is interesting, since you have skull and spire cuts from the same EP available for everything.
Scholar
#129 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:29 AM
has anyone tested this with islands?
Test Subject
#130 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 6:31 PM
I just used this last night with Islands and all updates and it worked the only issue I had is I could not make the fallowing
Tiberium - Sun, Moon, Sculptor's Egg
Septarian Nodule - Sun, Moon, Sculptor's Egg
Geode - Sun, Moon, Sculptor's Egg

this also doesn't add the cuts to the Gem Cutter from Supernatural.

I Only installed hidden cuts

Sims v1.55.4 With Island Paradise
Theorist
Original Poster
#131 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 4:38 PM
Thanks for the reports. Interesting how sun/moon cuts are missing for some of you. Will definitely look into that sometime.
Test Subject
#132 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 3:43 PM
is this work with 1.63?
Test Subject
#133 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1994mc
is this work with 1.63?

For me:

GemHiddenCuts.package: working
GemUnlockedCuts.package: working (all cuts; Sculptor's Egg Cut works without sculpting skill)
GemBestCut.package: not working
Test Subject
#134 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 1:22 AM
I downloaded the packages, however for some reason it won't let me cut amethysts into any of the special cuts. Is there a way to fix this, I'd like to get spire cut amethysts
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#135 Old 12th Feb 2014 at 7:01 AM
Thanks so much for all of these options :)
Theorist
Original Poster
#136 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 11:59 AM Last edited by treeag : 18th Mar 2014 at 4:57 PM.
GemBestCut is updated for 1.67. The others are compatible already. Also updated StarSkullCutPriceMod.
Instructor
#137 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 3:52 AM
If anybody sees this, could you please tell me where to find Treeag's modded cookie cutter for gems in the game? I have, I think, looked everywhere for it and cannot find it. thanks!
Instructor
#138 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 5:14 AM
Ok, I re d/led your mod, but it *still* does not show up in my game. I looked in Entertainment/Hobbies and even clicked on "show all" and it just does not appear anywhere. However, I did discover a glitch w/the Egg Cut version of the mod. When I had that in my packages folder and loaded the game, it 0'd out all family funds. Maybe, when you see this, you could look into that?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 10:08 PM
very cool if you ask me thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 4:30 PM
ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 3:49 PM
Thank You :D
Instructor
#142 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 7:05 PM
I downloaded the following:
Unlocked Egg Cut
Star/Skull Cut Price
HIdden Cut
Unlocked Cut

Loading my game up, I was unable to select anything. My sim had also disappeared on the portrait panel. Upon removing the first two, my game went back to normal. I don't mind playing without the first two, but I would appreciate if you would look into it. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 13th May 2015 at 4:13 PM
With the exception of the "StarSkullCutPriceMod" script (since it breaks the Research Alchemy function), this mod is very useful for getting the most out of the gems found, I have two coffee tables displaying the best of each gem I found.

I always check the best cut listing before either sending the gem out or using the cutting machine, if there is no best cut, I just use the Random option for sending or pick something on the machine.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 4:02 AM
In my game (with all cuts unlocked naturally) My geodes cannot be cut with the sun or moon cuts.
Test Subject
#145 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:49 PM
I guess this will never work with the Gem-U-Cut machine that came with Supernatural to let you cut gems.

My sim can cut a Septarian emerald cut in the mailbox, but not with the Gem-U-Cut machine.

As for your other awesome mod, the RGMmachine.package - my sims can cut anything any way and lots of different stuff at a time, which is awesome, but when they have a WISH to "Cut 3 Gems Using the Emerald Cut" it does not get fulfilled by using that machine.

It's 2017 so I don't know if we are just out of luck. Maybe someone could tell me why I should play The Sims 4, but I really don't want my sims to have emotions and I just can't imagine why I want The Sims 4, and I sure don't feel done with The Sims 3.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#146 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:13 PM
Data point of one, but I like the fact that this mod does't work with the Gem-U-Cut machine. It's like if you want a specific cut, you either have to pay a professional gem cutter to do it, or figure out how to do it yourself using trial and error. More realistic that way.
Test Subject
#147 Old 11th May 2019 at 11:15 PM
Great mod when it worked but now this crashes my game.

maybe its conflicting with another mod I dont know
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#148 Old 26th Jun 2021 at 8:03 PM
Love this mod, works great with 1.69. My sims get stinkin' rich...stinkin' fast.
Page 6 of 6