Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 43 of 43
Test Subject
#1051 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
It's not likely I'd update this one, it's a mess to be honest and would take a lot of work to bring up to date with the current game. I will likely take a look at it though to see how bad it will be to fix - maybe it's something easy.
THANK YOU!!! Obv. if it is beyond repair, but thank you for looking at it!! It would be an amazing gift!!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#1052 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 8:25 PM Last edited by heaven : 20th Nov 2017 at 2:02 PM. Reason: removed quote of deleted post
Just to say, sorry you have to deal with entitlement. You bring a skill that few have, and you are beyond generous with MODS that truly make the game more fun. So, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1053 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:25 PM
Hey scumbumbo, I'll give you my first born child if you manage to make this mod work again. Hehe But jokes aside, you would be a life saver if you could. EA's lock doors system sucks major butt. It's useless because no matter what you do, visitors are always locked of using the doors, so it only works for household members. I just want to lock doors for toddlers and kids and household pets so they don't go outside of the house on their own and I can't.
Test Subject
#1054 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:41 AM
If you do choose to update this mod I'll be forever grateful, I just can't stand how EA set it up. There's no way to customize it like your mod does. But if you do decide not too, I will also respect that and thank you so much for all that you've done for this community. <3
Test Subject
#1055 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brezchette
If you do choose to update this mod I'll be forever grateful, I just can't stand how EA set it up. There's no way to customize it like your mod does. But if you do decide not too, I will also respect that and thank you so much for all that you've done for this community. <3

LittleMsSam has a Mod for this, i am using it and it works fine and its updated for the November patch,
check it out here http://littlemssam.de/unlock-doors-for-chosen-sims/
Deceased
Original Poster
#1056 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marherbo
LittleMsSam has a Mod for this, i am using it and it works fine and its updated for the November patch,
check it out here http://littlemssam.de/unlock-doors-for-chosen-sims/

Interesting, thanks for that link. If this seems to work well for people I'll put a link to it on this mod's description. Like I said, my code is a mess and I've always wanted to approach rewriting it using the game's built in door locks so this would be awesome if this mod takes care of at least the majority of what people want from the old mod.
Test Subject
#1057 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:24 AM
Interesting, thanks for that link. If this seems to work well for people I'll put a link to it on this mod's description. Like I said, my code is a mess and I've always wanted to approach rewriting it using the game's built in door locks so this would be awesome if this mod takes care of at least the majority of what people want from the old mod.

This takes me nearly there - I will still miss the gender and age locks : ( but I understand if the code is too messed up.
Lab Assistant
#1058 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 4:58 PM Last edited by aninhas103 : 25th Nov 2017 at 5:24 PM.

I don't understand a thing about code so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but how hard would it be to add options to the game's locking system? For example, they now added "lock for all pets" with the new EP, which means they can probably lock doors to certain lifestages too (like lock for toddlers, children, etc.) and maybe even gender. So do you think it would be too much work to add to that?

What I desperately need right now is being able to lock doors for a specific sim only. So an option like "lock for this sim". My problem with the in game system is that whenever you lock a door, you are locking it to visitors as well and there's no way to unlock it for them. So if I want to lock the front door for my household toddler to prevent them from wandering into the street (which they do all the time), I would need to lock the door for everyone and then unlock it for all the other members of the household besides the toddler, right? But then visitors wouldn't be able to use the door as well. So this new mod that was linked really doesn't solve my problem because I would have to manually unlock the door for each sim and there's a limit of 20, which may not cover all of my sims' family and friends or other regular non-household sims like maid, repairman, etc.

So yeah, you'd still be a life saver if you would do this and I would love you forever. :lovestruc :D
Inventor
#1059 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aninhas103
I don't understand a thing about code so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but how hard would it be to add options to the game's locking system? For example, they now added "lock for all pets" with the new EP, which means they can probably lock doors to certain lifestages too (like lock for toddlers, children, etc.) and maybe even gender. So do you think it would be too much work to add to that?

Why do you ask scumbumbo instead of the Modder of said Mod? EA Tuning for Locking/Unlocking is completely different to Script Modding. For example all padlock Files have specific Tags like "lock_all_with_situation_job_exception". Situation Job is the Butler for example. Pets have a specfic exception for genus (lock_all_with_genus_exception). The Gender Doors that exist have their own Coding in the Object Files which is also not that helpful if you are limited to a tuning Mod. I will try to add ages/gender in my Mod but it might not work because of the specific exception tags EA uses for their locking System. I will just have to try it out...

Quote: Originally posted by aninhas103
What I desperately need right now is being able to lock doors for a specific sim only. So an option like "lock for this sim". My problem with the in game system is that whenever you lock a door, you are locking it to visitors as well and there's no way to unlock it for them. So if I want to lock the front door for my household toddler to prevent them from wandering into the street (which they do all the time), I would need to lock the door for everyone and then unlock it for all the other members of the household besides the toddler, right? But then visitors wouldn't be able to use the door as well. So this new mod that was linked really doesn't solve my problem because I would have to manually unlock the door for each sim and there's a limit of 20, which may not cover all of my sims' family and friends or other regular non-household sims like maid, repairman, etc.

If i remember right (at work and can't check) there is a "Lock Door for Household Member" implemented in the Game since the last big Patch or the one before that? At least i think i saw that in my Game. I would have to recheck through if it is a Mod that does that or the game itself or if i saw something completely different.

EDIT: "lockHouseholdSimsPickerInteraction_lock_door" so yes, locking single Household Members is already a Part of the Game! You should check your Doors again

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Inventor
#1060 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 7:17 PM
New Update is online with Open Door for specific Pet and Gender & Age Door Locks.

http://littlemssam.de/unlock-doors-for-chosen-sims/

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1061 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 1:27 PM
lovley
Scholar
#1062 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
New Update is online with Open Door for specific Pet and Gender & Age Door Locks.

http://littlemssam.de/unlock-doors-for-chosen-sims/

You and Scumbumbo are both amazing, talented creators - I have more of both your mods than anything else, lol... many, many thanks for updating your mod LittleMsSam

...Titanium white...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1063 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:56 AM
Been wanting this mod, thank you!
Test Subject
#1064 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 3:29 AM
Cannot loading saved game. Hope there will be an update soon. Thank you.
Deceased
Original Poster
#1065 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by momoheyy
Cannot loading saved game. Hope there will be an update soon. Thank you.

Check a few posts above for a link to LittleMsSam's door locks mod. This one uses old game features that would make it difficult to adapt (would basically require a complete rewrite). Her mod does what this one did and more and uses the base game's door lock methods rather than what I had hacked before they added lockable doors to the base game.
Test Subject
#1066 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 10:25 PM
Will this keep your sim locked in the house and not wander when you are not playing the household they are in?
Test Subject
#1067 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amberyl
Will this keep your sim locked in the house and not wander when you are not playing the household they are in?

Unfortunately this mod is now totally outdated and will NOT WORK at all with the current game versions.

Doubly unfortunately - the creator has sadly passed away, so unless someone else picks up the mantle then this mod will not get updated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1068 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 3:54 PM
This was such an amazing mod, such a shame it doesn't work now. Thanks for making it.
Field Researcher
#1069 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrismastebanZ
This was such an amazing mod, such a shame it doesn't work now. Thanks for making it.

Are you sure it doesn't work anymore?
Test Subject
#1070 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
Are you sure it doesn't work anymore?

The Sims 4 now has customizable door locks, so technically this mod isn't needed anymore. Plus it is only more up to date with a 2015 version of the game, not a 2020/2021.
Test Subject
#1071 Old 12th Apr 2023 at 2:13 AM
This is Very Handy for mischief. ^-^ TY!
any Plans to do the same for Windows? would be awesome! currently the lock system for the window is baaad.
Page 43 of 43