Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Set Filters on Paintings by Reference v4

by scumbumbo Posted 13th Nov 2017 at 5:37 AM - Updated 18th Apr 2019 at 12:08 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for 04/16/2019 game patch

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daffpanr
Thankyou very much for this great mod! Since the patch though, my sims can’t use the new Sketchpad item when this mod is in my mods folder. They can use the sketch pad when the mod isn’t in my mods folder. I am not sure if you are finding the same thing occurring in your game also.

This also happened in my game. The interaction canceled itself out when I directed my sim to draw something on the sketchpad.
Deceased
Original Poster
#77 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheekykinz34
This also happened in my game. The interaction canceled itself out when I directed my sim to draw something on the sketchpad.

Will check on that, thanks. I had noticed this in my game but wasn't sure what had broken it yet.

Should be an easy fix.
Deceased
Original Poster
#78 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:32 AM
Version 3 fixes the mod that so the Sketchpad works again. I'm not sure how I failed to realize this was probably the mod which I had messed up the sketchpad with, should have been obvious since it worked before I installed this to test to see if it would work with the finalized paintings from the sketchpad. When it did work with the painting I made from a sketchpad I forgot all about it.

All I can say is it's been a long couple of days
Inventor
THANKS POST
#79 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 1:51 AM
I thank you very much for taking so much time from your life and enjoyment to check your mods. They are amazing, because you are amazing.
Many thanks for your generosity!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:20 PM
Also just wanted to share my thanks and appreciation! I use this mod SO MUCH and was relieved when I realized there was an update to fix this issue. Thanks again for providing this for free and for updating it for us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 10:43 PM
I'm not that big a fan of the painting filter myself -- looking forward to using this with my more artistic Sims when they paint portraits.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#82 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 4:05 AM
Thank you!
Deceased
Original Poster
#83 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 11:54 PM
I've updated this for yesterday's game patch. As the change required additional changes to the base-game object XML, I have instead opted to make this mod require the XML Injector. This removes the need to override any of the game's XML so it will not conflict with other mods.

The XML Injector (version 2 or higher) may be found here on Mod The Sims: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=622928
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:37 PM
Thank Yooooooooou!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Test Subject
#85 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 7:02 PM
Hello! Is this compatible with Patch 6/18/2019 — PC 1.52.100.1020 / Mac 1.52.100.1220?
Test Subject
#86 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 5:07 PM
This works in my newly patched game just fine. Just want folks to know.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 7:27 AM
This mod alongside the paint from reference mod is perfect!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 8:38 PM
I think this mod causes the black photo glitch to happen. I saved and quit with it installed and my photos all turned black, but it hasn't done that since I removed this mod and the XML Injector.
Test Subject
#89 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 4:00 AM
it's broken for me as well- needs updating! Blocks the pictures((((
Test Subject
#90 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 4:44 AM
Hello. Since todays game update, there isn't an option to use the filters when clicking on a painting. Could you please update the mod for todays patch? Thankyou very much.
Test Subject
#91 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 8:28 PM
Use the new version of the XML Injector here: http://modthesims.info/download.php...=1&goto=newpost

This allowed me to change filters again after doing so.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 5th Oct 2019 at 9:36 PM
Not sure if it's the XML injector or the mod itself, but it no longer appears to be working as of the october 3rd patch. I checked it with only those installed and they still didn't work so I'm pretty sure it's broken? I really love this mod, and understand that maybe I'm messing up here, but figured I'd just say in case anyone else is having this trouble since the patch. And if not, then I'll have to go do some more fiddling about and testing to figure out what's up in my game!

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 2:44 AM
Might this be updated? As of 10-14-19 and addition of the "magic" game play expansion, the filter options no longer show up in my easel menu (as they originally did)

I *love* this mod, and consider the "paint from reference" option absolutely unusable without it. Thank you so much for making this mod--very much hope you will update it!

Vista is a problem that needs a solution -- preferably one with a pH of 0.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 3:21 PM
I downloaded this mod and reinstalled it, put it in my mods folder with the XML injector v2, gone into game and it does not show up.Am I missing something? Please help. I have win 10 64 bit and never had a problem with this working before but ever since the last update it does not work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 10:34 PM
Hi with the newest expansion this mod on longer work. If you come back please update this mod.
Inventor
#96 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 4:01 PM
Default Mod Update University
Since i love this Mod and use it myself i kept it updated. Miss you Scumbumbo!

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 8:54 PM
Thanks Scumbumbo for creating this mod and thanks to LitleMsSam for updating it. That overdone paint effect on the portraits is rather annoying
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 11:46 PM
Just found this mod recently from an old YouTube Vid. Rest In Peace Scumbumbo. Your work was some of the best. Thank you LittleMsSam for keeping this going.
Inventor
#99 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 8:56 PM
Latest Version should still work fine with 1.59

~~~ FIND OVER 300+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com ~~~
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LittleMsSam
Since i love this Mod and use it myself i kept it updated. Miss you Scumbumbo!

Thank you so much for updating and checking this mod!

I did want to ask though: I noticed that your version has both a package and script mod to it. Is it safe to assume that this means it's no longer dependent upon Scumbumbo's XMLInjector script? (Just wondering if it's safe to remove that from my mods now, as I don't believe I have any other mods that depend upon it.)

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Page 4 of 5