Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Silver Chromed Sim Genetics

by Bink13y Posted 8th Feb 2005 at 7:24 AM

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Forum Resident
#26 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 8:06 PM Last edited by dewshine : 11th Feb 2005 at 8:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Agent79311
Wow! Cool! This is so cool! I'm just wonderin', are there any 'whole body' custom clothing that reflects like this? Or not like this, just the not so shiny one.. anything would do.. I just want to know because I am looking to make a rubber dress, a leather dress, a scuba suit, a metallic dress, etc.. that'd be cool!

If anyone knows, please let me know! Thanks!

Resco originally asked "How do they make clothes shiny"...
He posted 9 full body catsuits that are indeed shiny in the adult section under clothing. They are stunning. Check them out (if you are over 18, LOL). Try this : http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42074. It holds the secrets you're looking for....

And Blink... you deserve 5 stars for this... what happened?
#27 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 9:10 AM
good idea. great base for iron man and ice man or archangel
Test Subject
#28 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 2:21 PM
Default Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
Resco originally asked "How do they make clothes shiny"...
He posted 9 full body catsuits that are indeed shiny in the adult section under clothing. They are stunning. Check them out (if you are over 18, LOL). Try this : http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42074. It holds the secrets you're looking for....

And Blink... you deserve 5 stars for this... what happened?

Dewshine, thanks! Too bad I'm only 7..... sike! lol

I've been roamin' about the site and I've been to this thread.. I've already downloaded this 'catsuit' and have already installed it but when I check it out in the game, I can't seem to find it anywhere!... Well, I'll try to do it again..
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 2:43 PM
Oh.. I found it.. But now, my problem is I can't export the file as a project (to add details/ to create new clothing texture).. I get an error message when exporting the file. In the 'thread' you forwarded me into, they said something like a file is anmed like this and this doesn't exist.. all you have to do is rename it to this.. etc. etc.. But I can't figure out a way on how to rename this types of files, especially when I can't export them as a project. Can someone help me with this

Or you can always upload you clean file (that can be exported as a new project) here! Please? It's only 7.o kb anyway.. it won't take up that much space here at ModTheSim2.com! Please? It would be awesome!
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 2:55 PM
ok.. i've found Resco's upload.. I didn't really understand your (dewshine) post.. I went to the adult section adn found the catsuit thread.. my mistake was that i only went to the link you gave me.. didn't really study what you posted! lol! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#31 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 5:05 PM
LOL, The thread I linked you to tells you how to use SimPE to make the alterations to the package file.... Sorry I figured you would read it. The shining process is not an easy one. I'd never attempt it, lol....
However, if you can get your brain around the process this skin in proof that it can be done.
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 5:27 PM
Yeah, definitely hard. I downloaded the 9 Catsuit clothing, tried to edit (just the texture) so that I can make a shiny clothing using that whole-body outfit as a base.. but when I created my own design over the catsuit skin, editted the alpha file, it works but the part where I don't want to be shiny or I don't want anything to appear but the sim's naked skin... still shines and makes the sim look weird.. I thought I can just easily edit it without having to deal with SimPE! Arghh!! lol

Anyway, I want to learn how. I will try to study it and see if anyone's caring enough to help me or give me, for the least, a clear tutorial.. the one newbies can understand! lol
Forum Resident
#33 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 7:20 PM
Rgiles will happly beat it into you....Just ask Blink and Resco!
Test Subject
#34 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 10:04 PM
lol, cool! ;-)
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 9:27 AM
Rgiles is a born teacher, he could teach a hamster quantum physics.

to figure this trick out and all it's problems and drawbacks, read through the reflectivity thread veary carfully. Me and Resco had lots of desasters befor we finaly figured out what the files were doing. In my case i have to flush the file from my buffers to get any changes to show up making the whole process take AGES. Not that altering 39 texture file atributes one stinking file at a time dosent take the whole day.

you have 3 factors to experament with.
(1) the native artistic reflective effect of the skin itself
(2) what your going to use as the reflection referance, ingame or homemade
(3)finding the right reflectivity setting to accent the first two. 0.1 to 1.the full '1' is way to blinding and washes out all details but the darkest.
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 11:38 AM
Can you tell me what programs/software i can use to do this 'reflectivity' thing? Please? Tell me and I'll try to figure things out myself and read the thread you guys posted.. I'll also try to find some tutorial stuff lying around the 'net.. Please, what Programs/Softwares to use?..
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#37 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 11:59 AM
Agent79311,

First of all you make a skin package using Bodyshop. Then you edit some of the files in that package with SimPE.

RG
Test Subject
#38 Old 13th Feb 2005 at 2:30 PM
Ok, I'll try to bash at 'em tonight.. I'll see what I can come up with.
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 2:57 AM
A breeding family in this skin is going to be a great contribution to my robotic neighborhood...thanks bunches for sharing!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 10:36 AM
these skins look great. can't wait to try them out for my strangetown sims. thx for posting them.
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 11:03 AM
LOTS OF ANSWERS ALL IN ONE LUMP
DumbBlond did an excelent version of I-Robot, search for "MI-Robot" above.

Anything directly overtop of the skins gets the reflectivity effect. as the effect is created indipendant of the texture and alpha files.

The reflectivity effect HATES alphas, associating it directly to anything using an alpha will result in a rather *interesting* effect as RGiles discovered :D

Spects: The base Texture skin is done in a somwhat reflective looking but *mat* effect. the reflective reference is set to ingame silver. and the reflective quotent is set to 0.5,0.5,

WinRAR: right click any rar file and choose 'export to here' double click if it's a sims2package file, or dump it in downloads if its just a Package file.throw the remaining archive away. how hard is that???? Never double click a rar you get nags and confusing options. Contrary to some whinners, the rar compression algarythem does compress MUCH better then ZIP. it depends on the file type and how big it is.
the major difference is seen best i realy fat files.

Delphy and contributers PAY for the bandwidth here. ANYTHING we can do to conserve is a sign of concreet apreciation for there time. money and efforts.

Invis-o-clothes. guinyr mas a compeet set: ftp://ftp.adventurers-anonymous.org...thingForAll.zip

Don't have a bold hair style for children yet. imagin its made easily enough tho.

Recolors: as RGiles pointed out just re-associate the reflective map to a different ingame version visa SimPE.

Reflective clothing: pester Resco. thats his specialty.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bink13y
Recolors: as RGiles pointed out just re-associate the reflective map to a different ingame version visa SimPE.

And for those of us that still haven't figured out SimPE that much yet?

One of these days I'll read the tutorial. No really.

Thank you for the answer. The original idea I had for the question has changed, so it may be a moot point. As in, I will probably be doing something different for my idea, and probably don't want all shiny colored sims. But yes, I did read in the other thread about changing the properties in SimPE.

I haven't tried to export the skin yet to see if I get any of the errors I have seen reported. If I do, that'll just get me to hault whatever that idea is for the time being.

Keep up the great work. It is most entertaining to make sims with your skins.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th Feb 2005 at 3:04 PM
Also, Blink, I have tried to search for MI-Robot, I-Robot, and even checked DumbBlond's profile for threads started, can't find the robot skins you are refering to.
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 5:52 PM
*puts on shades* Awesome~ thanks!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 12:55 AM
I love these and they look so cool in the game. It turns all the outfits they wear into shiny clothes.

Thanks so much for sharing them.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 5:45 AM
Me likey! Muahaha I can already see little silver babies taking over the world! :evilnod:
Banned
#47 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 5:59 AM
It can be used for making Iceman from Marvel Comics
Test Subject
#48 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 4:17 PM
After having installed, I find that only the female adult is available for creating a sim, no males... no children. Is this correct? Or am I missing something?

I _do_ love the file I have though!
Public Enema #2
Original Poster
#49 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Boardwalkerz
After having installed, I find that only the female adult is available for creating a sim, no males... no children. Is this correct? Or am I missing something?

I _do_ love the file I have though!

This is a full genetic skin set. all you need do is clone it in bodyshop and click the icons to change age and gender. I never understood why some people upload the different gender/ ages of a sim when the user can simply make them at the click of a single bodyshop icon....
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 6:11 PM
Ah... You can tell I'm a newbie~ Thanks for the tip, makes perfect sense! *dingy-me* This is my favorite Sim... awesome work!
Page 2 of 4