Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

White Suit for your Southern Gentlesim

by fanseelamb Posted 31st Oct 2006 at 6:35 PM - Updated 14th Nov 2008 at 11:35 PM by fanseelamb : shiny new pics

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 10:05 PM
awesome!

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 10:07 PM
Thanks! I've been wondering why there's no default white suit (I am a Southerner, after all!). The shadows around the fabric folds keep it from getting washed out and making it look like the Schmoo, like in other white suits I've found. And I love the subtle recolor of one of my favorite hair meshes. Another fabulous Fansee free moment! Nicely done.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 10:42 PM
fanseelamb, you are a dead set Legend. Definitely my favourite clothes maker.
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 1:24 AM
That's nice!
Thank you

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 2:38 AM
Beautiful Work - my sims will be lining up for this one! Thanks for sharing!

Love & Hugs

Shaz

I love to build small, elegant lots & neighbourhoods with No Custom Content & Hack Free. You can find them at my Minisite at TSR.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 5:11 AM
Aww, thanks guys! I just made this suit for a specific character in my game, but am thrilled you like it. :D
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 7:39 AM
Lovely suit! I adore white, thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 5:02 PM
wow great suit!!! cheers
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 5:12 PM
I think --- no --- I *know* I'm in love. I've been looking for a white suit for Rick (he's the only one of my boys who can wear white) for a long time now. I love the soft white color of this! Thanks for sharing it. :D

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:39 PM
The shading really makes this. There are several men in suits like this in my family album. Nice to see some classic regional clothing. My mom used to call these "ice cream suits."
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 10:10 PM
Hey guys, it seems there may be a compatibility issue that causes BodyShop items made with the Pets EP installed to not work correctly in games without the Pets EP. This outfit was made with Pets installed. Has anyone without the Pets EP tested it in game yet? Did it work? Feedback would be appreciated. Sorry for any problems you may have experienced.

And thanks again for all the nice comments. You guys are so sweet!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:09 AM
I have just University, and this is not showing up.

Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Hey guys, it seems there may be a compatibility issue that causes BodyShop items made with the Pets EP installed to not work correctly in games without the Pets EP. This outfit was made with Pets installed. Has anyone without the Pets EP tested it in game yet? Did it work? Feedback would be appreciated. Sorry for any problems you may have experienced.

And thanks again for all the nice comments. You guys are so sweet!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:23 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:32 AM. Reason: That's "feedback" baby! :)
Darn, it didn't show up for me, either. I have all the core expansions installed except Pets, and no Stuff packs. I'm guessing people are going to have to start making two versions or else those of us waiting for Pets fixes are out of luck with a lot of new clothing and accessories. Sigh.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 5:29 AM
Thank you so much for the feedback, guys. I've marked this download as requiring Pets now. Hopefully someone will be able to come up with a fix... it's ridiculous that a simple base-game mesh recolour like this requires the EP!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 12:52 PM
There seems to be a semi-fix posted on page 2 of the thread discussing this problem.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...=0&page=2&pp=25

Look for Dr. Pixel's post and the one following from Numenor. Hope it helps.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 5:56 AM
Thank you, Jaedle. I'll try to fix this outfit as soon as I get a chance.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 8:32 PM
I love it, Fansee! You are awesome
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 11:50 PM
Okay. I've updated this suit using Numenor's Legacy BodyShop and it should now work for all games. Please test and report back how it works! Huge thanks to Numenor and everyone in this thread for finding a solution to the Pets BS problem.
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:24 AM
Ah, Dr. Cukrowicz, I presume?

Very sharp looking suit, fansee. Thanks for another quality download.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:14 AM
I just downloaded it. If there are any problems, I will post again. Thanks for fixing it!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:19 AM
It works fine in my University game, now. Thanks for updating.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 7:22 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 7th Nov 2006 at 7:29 AM.
That's great FLChicago. Thanks so much for the feedback!

And... yes it is, grindline33. I'm so subtle.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 10th Nov 2006 at 3:52 PM
This looks angelic.

More Power !!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 8:11 PM
Wow Numenor works fast. Maxis should be paying him for fixing their blunders.
I had a similar problem with it showing up as a skin.
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. I'll post if it fixed it or not. You're still the best.

Is pets worth getting yet? I think I've been put off by all the mishaps.
Page 1 of 2