Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Creatures' Skins Unlocked *07/25/08 PLEASE REDOWNLOAD*

by treeag Posted 8th May 2008 at 6:23 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2008 at 5:15 PM by treeag

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 5:25 PM
Yes. It says in the description that you only need to have the game for these to work. I have the game itself, nightlife, and pets. I'm not sure what else I would need.
Theorist
Original Poster
#52 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 6:22 PM
You need the corresponding EPs, that's what I wrote. That means if you want to use the plantsim skin you have to have Seasons, and so on. If you have the base game, nightlife and pets; then you should be able to use alien, mannequin, and werewolf.

If those 3 skins don't work, then may I know if you have a default replacement or something that might interfering? Also, a screenshot might help.
Test Subject
#53 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 1:54 AM
Thank you. I know what was messing me up, now. I know almost nothing about this, so I didn't know what I needed for the plantsim. This explains everything.
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 7:57 PM
Can you add the witch skins to this. It would be great if you did.

I accept dog/cat breed requests.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 11:01 PM
Question, with the non custom versions, are there still two zombie & mannequin skins?

Does installing these in the /bins folder prevent the custom content star showing up in the second version? Just curious. I might try that out later.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 7:39 AM
Thank you very much
Test Subject
#57 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 5:54 PM
I'm having a problem with the download, It doesn't seem like such a good thing if it needs the EPs to work, I want to get rid of the skintones, but you said if I delete them, my game will be ruined!

"The things I do for International Rescue..." -- Scott Tracy, Cry Wolf
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 5th Jan 2009 at 5:52 PM
Finally I don't have to write boolProp to get them...
Thanks!
Theorist
Original Poster
#59 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thunderbird_Z
I'm having a problem with the download, It doesn't seem like such a good thing if it needs the EPs to work, I want to get rid of the skintones, but you said if I delete them, my game will be ruined!

I meant don't delete it in game, that might corrupt your game. You can delete them from your downloads folder just fine
Field Researcher
#60 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 6:45 PM
WOW! thanks for sharing, I always wanted to make a family of all sorts of creatures.
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 1:41 AM
Dose it use the skins in-game as a base cus i wanted to unlock em so i could wear them (So i downloaded ccstar one) but evrytimei try to put it on the game chrashes!!!
i know how to get into debug mode (to get alien skin) but i want the zombie and wearwolf skins! (and that other1)

Basicly doseit need the expantions? or is something wrong with them?
Field Researcher
#62 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 2:52 PM
This might sound strange, but how did you go about adding the (working) infant/child/etc skins to the ones that didn't have them by default? (Like the Plant Sim skins, which have no infant skin by Maxian design.)

I am asking because I don't see any Texture Files in your packages.

How did you manage to create skins for these "forgotten" ages without creating any new textures?

(I am trying to create my own set of skins/replacements & am gathering all the info I can...)

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Theorist
Original Poster
#63 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newe6000
Dose it use the skins in-game as a base cus i wanted to unlock em so i could wear them (So i downloaded ccstar one) but evrytimei try to put it on the game chrashes!!!
i know how to get into debug mode (to get alien skin) but i want the zombie and wearwolf skins! (and that other1)

Basicly doseit need the expantions? or is something wrong with them?

Yes you do need corresponding EPs for the skins.

Quote: Originally posted by Zirconia Wolf
This might sound strange, but how did you go about adding the (working) infant/child/etc skins to the ones that didn't have them by default? (Like the Plant Sim skins, which have no infant skin by Maxian design.)

I am asking because I don't see any Texture Files in your packages.

How did you manage to create skins for these "forgotten" ages without creating any new textures?

(I am trying to create my own set of skins/replacements & am gathering all the info I can...)

Actually, what I did was linking the infant age group to the toddler textures. In my opinion they don't differ too much and it looks fine to me.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 1:25 PM
Sweet,but I don't have Uni,meaning I can't use the zombie skin.Oh well,I'll live.

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Banned
#65 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 7:31 AM
This is very useful for some creature appropriate lipsticks I'm making. I was wondering if the wicked witch skintone from Apartment Life is included.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 11:56 AM Last edited by jason7871 : 16th Feb 2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Made or trying too make it a feedback post since i asked a few questions and thanked; yes i am a dunce... LOL
Is the genie skintone from FreeTime included?
Will these also become sun burned, hypothermic like from BonVoyage and Seasons? Also from BonVoayge will the Saquatch/BigFoot/Wookie skin be available since he's a 'creature' in BonVoyage and i have up to FreeTime installed?
Thanks for making, sharing and updating this for us. I knew the mannequin skins from ingame had no babies and heard it crashed when they had'em; so you rock for fixing those issues for those skins.

"The only thing too fear is fear it's self."- FDR
"As you slide down the bannister of life,consider me a splinter."~Jason Crawford
Field Researcher
#67 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 10:52 PM
genetics: Maxis or custom?
I have the CC star version of your skins. I have made some aliens, and some of them have had children. All the children of the aliens, even if they had one human colored parent, have all been green. My question is, does the game see the alien skin with the CC star as custom, and therefore every child with any green acestor will always be green, or does the game see it the same as normal in-game aliens, where children of aliens will be green, but grand-children can be people colored if they have a people colored parent.
Either way is great, I love the green skin, I just want to know how much I should allow the green sims to breed.

EPs I have: All of them! OMG, Ultimate Collection!
Theorist
Original Poster
#68 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 12:18 PM
Yes the game sees them as custom skins.
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Feb 2009 at 5:02 PM
OMG the zombie toddlers? Awesome!
Not actually evil.
#70 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 10:55 AM
I checked, the unlocker does show default skins if default skins are installed.
Thanks for this, very handy when testing my new zombie skin.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#71 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 8:54 PM
when i downloaded it the werewolf and plantism skintone didnt work
Forum Resident
#72 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 8:40 PM
Thanks, it is such a pain to try to get the skins in game. ^^
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jason7871
Also from BonVoayge will the Saquatch/BigFoot/Wookie skin be available since he's a 'creature' in BonVoyage and i have up to FreeTime installed?

Yes, I would like to see the BigFoot skin also. :D
Test Subject
#74 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 10:21 PM
the werewolf & plantsims one's didn't work 4 me (or the zombie)
Test Subject
#75 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:55 AM
whats a wilt plant sim?
Page 3 of 4