Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Drift/Lower Level Free Cam Camera Mod - Updated For Island Paradise/Patch 1.55

by aikea guinea Posted 12th Jun 2009 at 8:53 AM - Updated 28th Oct 2013 at 7:08 PM by aikea guinea : EP update

249 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 195 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
dodgy builder
#126 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zong
Anyone have a link to somewhere I can download the original VideoCamera.ini file because I really want patch 1.6 C'mon someone must know how to get it!

I see that I'm about 2 month behind you or something. But, you might just as well install the game all over again. Just remember to move your downloads for the game somewhere safe for the uninstallation process.

I had a major problem when I installed this mod. The surroundings of the house was dense red, not like red lights(day light or lamps). I removed the mod, put back the original, restarted the computer and everything went back to normal. It's probably to do with some crash in other mods I have. I'm not gonna do a lot of research to find out why, just leave the game as it is. I just wanted to make a note of it. If the camera starts annoying me, I will have to try sort it out. Sorry it didn't work.
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 6:15 AM
does this mod work with WA? if not are you going to update it?
Test Subject
#128 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 1:03 AM
Thanks, this is a very nice mod! I really don't see why anyone would want to use the default. This mod is like taking a 2D picture and making it 3D, very glad someone actually took the time to do it.

Just one problem I did find with it - it interferes with the photography skill that was introduced in WA. What happens is it blacks out some of the screen when using the camera interface. Usually this wouldn't be that bad, only thing is it blacks out the frame that indicates what the photo will actually be, meaning you can't actually see what you're taking a photo of. I took it out and replaced the old videocamera.ini file. Would it be possible to rectify this issue?

Still, great mod. Thanks a bunch!

PS. I have update 2.3.33 for WA.
Test Subject
#129 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 5:33 PM
Ah, fantasic! I can't believe I didn't see this before. The drift is the thing that annoys me the most, why EA even did it in the first place I still can't figure out...

resistance is useless.
ALL MY CREATIONS are on garden of shadows, check them out! (rh)
Test Subject
#130 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 9:40 AM
Hi. I have heard a lot of good things about your mod, and it was recommended to me as I am trying to learn how to make machinima. The only problem is that the package file overrides the videoCamera.ini file and I am unable to change the speed of my camera movements. Is there a way to get around this? I know your title says "Now released as a package file"...does that mean there is an older version I could maybe try? Sorry if my questions seem noobish, I would just like to find a way to make it all work for me.
Thanks in advance for your help.
And thank you for the mod...whether I can use it or not, I'm sure many others games have been greatly improved!
Test Subject
#131 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 11:04 PM
Oh no, with this package file, impossible to modify the camera speed in the VideoCamera.ini file... Can you resolve this problem, please ? Thank you !
Test Subject
#132 Old 18th Mar 2010 at 7:04 PM
Thanks I realy loved this
Forum Resident
#133 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 9:03 PM
Default Mod not working for me.
I am running HELS and the package version is not working for me. I don't have the .ini file any more. Could you put that up for me to download please.

Thank you for your time. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Forum Resident
#134 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 9:55 PM
Thanks, this will encourage me to try tackling sims3 movies!
Test Subject
#135 Old 7th May 2010 at 3:52 AM
This is great! Is there any camera mods out there that let you view the whole neighborhood from a greater distance. I know there was one for the Sims 2 but I can't recall the name of it or who did it, but you could see the entire map and you could zoom out further while on a lot.
Test Subject
#136 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 8:36 PM
I can't save this file as video camera.ini file in my nonpackaged/ini folder to replace the default video camera.ini file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 10:05 PM
Thanx! Now I can continue with my machinima. It's compatible with WA right?
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 7:48 AM Last edited by hazeylove : 15th Nov 2010 at 8:03 AM.
Tested.works perfectly! thanks a bunch
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 28th Dec 2010 at 4:40 PM
Works with the most recent patch just fine.
Test Subject
#140 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 9:52 PM
would it hurt to try it on patch 1.17?
Test Subject
#141 Old 25th May 2011 at 7:44 PM
I'm really confused on this....Can someone please help me? Do I still need to overwrite anything now that it's a package file or delete the videocamera file? I'm sorta a newb when it comes to mods.... Thanks!
Test Subject
#142 Old 31st May 2011 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatxLuff
I'm really confused on this....Can someone please help me? Do I still need to overwrite anything now that it's a package file or delete the videocamera file? I'm sorta a newb when it comes to mods.... Thanks!

I don't believe that you need to replace anything. You just plunk the package file into your mods/packages folder in The Sims 3 folder.

Now I just have to hope this gets updated for Generations. lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#143 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:58 AM
Does it work with GEN? I can't live without this now. XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#144 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 12:17 AM
Works fine in Generations for me.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Test Subject
#145 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 1:52 AM
It conflicts with the VideoCamera.Ini. That's why I removed it for me to use the LerpDuration. I hope you could fix that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#146 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 9:26 PM
Nope, can't do anything about that. This mod is just a modified VideoCamera.ini in package form, so you can only use one or the other.

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Test Subject
#147 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 8:03 PM
Would putting a copy of the .ini file on my flashdrive still work as a back up if I were to install this?
Test Subject
#148 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 1:23 PM
Does this mod for with Town Life? Please answer because I really need this mod...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 10:39 PM
Thanks........^_^
Scholar
THANKS POST
#150 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:54 AM
Very useful =) Thank you =)
Page 6 of 10