Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meshing Toolkit - version 1.4.9 uploaded 12/20/2018

by CmarNYC Posted 26th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2018 at 3:05 PM by CmarNYC

296 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#226 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:51 AM
Hello Thankyou for the mesh tool kit! Half the work I have done could never of been done with out your help through this tool!

Just need to know if anyone has the whole horse with joints already assigned and is available for me to download if not does anybody know how to assign joints to the mesh via mesh tool kit? sorry if it doesnt make sense, I just do a lot of tack and its becoming a pain because som tack I can't joint poperly due to reference meshes being very limited.

Thankyou
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#227 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 6:29 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#228 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:55 AM
Nice one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#229 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 10:35 PM
Thank you for this program! It's Great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#230 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 6:14 PM
Thanks for uploading this excellent work! Thank you again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#231 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 2:29 PM
Thanks for the package!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#232 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 4:09 AM
I still don't know how to incorporate this into my game but it's a great ideal.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#233 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:09 AM
para que isso serve resumindo
Test Subject
#234 Old 16th May 2015 at 5:33 PM Last edited by MilaSims : 17th May 2015 at 4:17 AM.
Mesh ToolKit
Hello!
Many thanks for your excellent and useful program. It is very helpful.
Test Subject
#235 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 1:14 PM
Hi! I'm having some problems with the program when using auto tools for WSO, I select the mesh and the reference one and whe I click on do assingments it says that I have not selected a valid mesh with a base meshgroup. What does that mean and how can I fix it??
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#236 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 6:08 PM
So, I was trying to create a new mesh (full body male), using the amBottomBriefs and amTopNude. I exported the GEOMs and BGEOs from each. However, for lod1 of the briefs, I was using kittyklan's default replacement GEOM with bulge. In the toolkit under "frankenmesh", I selected amBottomBriefs_lod1 (with bulge) for base mesh 1 and the corresponding BGEOs and amTopNude_lod2 for base mesh 2 and those corresponding BGEOs. Used vertex number 5000 and updated, selected LOD1. Everything saved just fine.

Switched out the lod1 files with the lod2 ones and hit update, chose LOD2 and got a "format mismatch" error. "Base mesh 2 is not the same format as base mesh 1. Continue anyway and convert to base mesh 1 format?" is the full text. I have no idea what it means, how to fix it, or, if I allow it to continue if it will even work.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#237 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
So, I was trying to create a new mesh (full body male), using the amBottomBriefs and amTopNude. I exported the GEOMs and BGEOs from each. However, for lod1 of the briefs, I was using kittyklan's default replacement GEOM with bulge. In the toolkit under "frankenmesh", I selected amBottomBriefs_lod1 (with bulge) for base mesh 1 and the corresponding BGEOs and amTopNude_lod2 for base mesh 2 and those corresponding BGEOs. Used vertex number 5000 and updated, selected LOD1. Everything saved just fine.

Switched out the lod1 files with the lod2 ones and hit update, chose LOD2 and got a "format mismatch" error. "Base mesh 2 is not the same format as base mesh 1. Continue anyway and convert to base mesh 1 format?" is the full text. I have no idea what it means, how to fix it, or, if I allow it to continue if it will even work.

That message means that the format of the vertex data is not identical for the two meshes - for example one might have tagvals and the other not, etc. For body meshes the differences are unlikely to be significant unless EA goofed. In most cases you can just click okay and let the program do its conversion and combine them. Test in-game to make sure everything looks okay, of course.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#238 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 11:36 PM
This tool was working great for a while, then all of a sudden I keep getting an "System.OutOfMemoryException" error message when trying to assign bones to a WSO mesh. What does this mean? How can I fix it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#239 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spacezombeez
This tool was working great for a while, then all of a sudden I keep getting an "System.OutOfMemoryException" error message when trying to assign bones to a WSO mesh. What does this mean? How can I fix it?

New versions of TSRW are using a new format for the WSO mesh files. So far they haven't published the new specification and I haven't had time yet to try to figure it out. The best thing you can do is to use an older version of TSRW, and/or go to the TSR forums and request they update the WSO specs so I can update Toolkit.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#240 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
New versions of TSRW are using a new format for the WSO mesh files. So far they haven't published the new specification and I haven't had time yet to try to figure it out. The best thing you can do is to use an older version of TSRW, and/or go to the TSR forums and request they update the WSO specs so I can update Toolkit.

Okay, I'll try that. Thank you!
Test Subject
#241 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC

For those who cannot find links to the older versions of TSRW? Where can we download them
Test Subject
#242 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 7:30 AM
Say, TS3guy, what is the solution, anyway?
Test Subject
#243 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 1:38 PM
Very useful !
But when I'm trying to add bones assigment to hat hair with .wso, it doesn't work because the .wso has two parts, one that is the hat mesh, and one that is he hair mesh. Do you know if it is possible to do this ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#244 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shimy-dim
Very useful !
But when I'm trying to add bones assigment to hat hair with .wso, it doesn't work because the .wso has two parts, one that is the hat mesh, and one that is he hair mesh. Do you know if it is possible to do this ?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you're using the auto-bone tool and there are two WSO meshes, you'd run the tool on each mesh. If you're using the latest TSRW, the WSO meshes it makes are a new version that's not supported by Toolkit.

Inconceivable!
#245 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 4:41 AM
Hi there. I encountered an error with the "Match Bones at Seams" tool. I am working on a set of underwear meshes, and I wanted to fix that tiny gap that occurs at the waist when you export from Milkshape. Matching bones at seams worked perfectly to fix my bra mesh, but for the undies it's throwing me an "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error message. I'm using the base game nude bottom mesh as a reference, just like I used the base game nude top mesh as reference for the bra. I tried it with a different reference mesh as well, but it still didn't work (so I'm fairly certain it's my mesh that's broken, lol). However, any insight would be appreciated! Thank you for the awesome program, Cmar.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#246 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buckley
Hi there. I encountered an error with the "Match Bones at Seams" tool. I am working on a set of underwear meshes, and I wanted to fix that tiny gap that occurs at the waist when you export from Milkshape. Matching bones at seams worked perfectly to fix my bra mesh, but for the undies it's throwing me an "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error message. I'm using the base game nude bottom mesh as a reference, just like I used the base game nude top mesh as reference for the bra. I tried it with a different reference mesh as well, but it still didn't work (so I'm fairly certain it's my mesh that's broken, lol). However, any insight would be appreciated! Thank you for the awesome program, Cmar.

Yes, could be your mesh - could you attach it so I can take a look?

Test Subject
#247 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:47 AM
I keep getting the 'you have not selected a valid mesh with a base meshgroup' error, and I have no idea what to do. Please help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#248 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niezyc
I keep getting the 'you have not selected a valid mesh with a base meshgroup' error, and I have no idea what to do. Please help!

I need more information - a screenshot so I can see exactly what you were doing, and the mesh you're trying to modify. The problem is probably exactly what the error says - you're giving Toolkit a mesh with no part it can identify as a base mesh in it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#249 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 5:01 AM
I know I'm super late but thank you for this.
But I'm getting this error: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you quit the application will close immediately
Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#250 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by conversefan97
I know I'm super late but thank you for this.
But I'm getting this error: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you quit the application will close immediately
Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Please post exactly what you were trying to do when you got the error, a screenshot if possible, and the mesh(es) you were working with.

Page 10 of 12