Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meshing Toolkit - version 1.4.9 uploaded 12/20/2018

by CmarNYC Posted 26th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2018 at 3:05 PM by CmarNYC

296 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#251 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 4:31 PM
I'm trying to convert this sweater for children
http://simsimi-only-mine.tumblr.com...-pose-mesh-edit
and using a base game jacket for children for a ref mesh.

And when I try to auto-assign bones I get this message
http://s664.photobucket.com/user/co...sstrtw.jpg.html
But when doing create auto morphs it works
Test Subject
#252 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 6:15 PM Last edited by Euanko : 25th Dec 2015 at 6:20 PM. Reason: sorry Typo error.
It's almost 3 years from now. The 'To-do for a future version' is not yet available. Will you still continue to update this toolkit?
Quote:
To-do for a future version
Extend the copy data, mesh mirror, and auto UV functions to TSRW WSO
Add a mesh trouble-shooter
Add a shader editor
Add conversion from .sims3pack to .package
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#253 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Euanko
It's almost 3 years from now. The 'To-do for a future version' is not yet available. Will you still continue to update this toolkit?

You're right, I need to change that list since I'm no longer developing this tool. If there's something quick that people especially need I can look into doing it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#254 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 12:55 PM Last edited by Euanko : 28th Dec 2015 at 1:29 PM.
Yess!! This tool is great!..
However..
I would like to reiterate the issues about Cat_Kira on furs but I have my own different ways. I know less about this morph GEOMs and I fill dumb about it. If possibly can you export GEOM furs as obj. I was able to import this GEOMs on blender and milkshape but they seemed to be distorted. I assumed that it lacks its base mesh for possible positions.
Test Subject
#255 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm not sure what you mean. If you're using the auto-bone tool and there are two WSO meshes, you'd run the tool on each mesh. If you're using the latest TSRW, the WSO meshes it makes are a new version that's not supported by Toolkit.

Oh ok thank you, maybe it's because TSRWS... I need to find an older version, thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#256 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 9:30 PM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#257 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 1:52 AM
This tool is really great! It's enabled idiots like me to create custom clothing XD
I'm having a little problem, though. When I try to create a Frankenmesh using 3 meshes, complete with everything except the special morphs, I get the error that was mentioned a bit back in the comments (the FixUnusedBones problem) that you said you fixed. I checked, and I have the most recent version. I also tried to scan the base meshes for bone issues, but got the message "This mesh bone list does not include all assigned bones. This problem cannot by fixed by Mesh Toolkit."
I can upload the folder if that's helpful. Thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#258 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlazeGirl12
This tool is really great! It's enabled idiots like me to create custom clothing XD
I'm having a little problem, though. When I try to create a Frankenmesh using 3 meshes, complete with everything except the special morphs, I get the error that was mentioned a bit back in the comments (the FixUnusedBones problem) that you said you fixed. I checked, and I have the most recent version. I also tried to scan the base meshes for bone issues, but got the message "This mesh bone list does not include all assigned bones. This problem cannot by fixed by Mesh Toolkit."
I can upload the folder if that's helpful. Thanks!

Yes, if you'd upload the set of meshes you're trying to use, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#259 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 2:53 AM
Yes, if you'd upload the set of meshes you're trying to use, that would be very helpful. Thanks!

Here they are. I included each of the three simgeom files I'm trying to match up (LOD1), both the original exports and the files after I ran them through the tangent fixer. I know I screwed up the bones somewhere in there, I just don't know where. :P
Attached files:
File Type: zip  amBodyCHNHighEndFrankenmeshProject.zip (227.5 KB, 8 downloads)
Description: Contains .simgeom files generated by following Frankenmesh tutorial (before and after tangent fix)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#260 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlazeGirl12
Here they are. I included each of the three simgeom files I'm trying to match up (LOD1), both the original exports and the files after I ran them through the tangent fixer. I know I screwed up the bones somewhere in there, I just don't know where. :P

How did you create these meshes? They have no valid bone assignments - that information must have gotten lost somewhere along the line. You can fix this without recreating the meshes by using Toolkit's Auto tools for GEOM / Auto-assign Bones to replace all the bone assignments, using a similar full-body mesh from the game as reference. However, there are other problems - there are no normals (you can select the entire mesh in Milkshape and do Vertex / Align normals to fix that, but it won't look right without more work), and there's no shader (you'd have to add one in Milkshape by copying the group comments from another mesh).

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#261 Old 5th May 2016 at 11:12 PM
I'll give this a try! Looks a little bit complicated to a newb like me, but I'll still follow the tuts and try it out!
Test Subject
#262 Old 28th May 2016 at 4:46 PM
Hi! I'm making my first attempt at creating clothing for TS3, and me being me, I decided to try to frankenmesh the thing. Everything has been working as well as it probably can for a beginner until I try to combine the meshes and update and combine the morphs. After I press "Update morphs, Renumber, Combine, and Save" I get this error:

I followed your tutorial on Frankenmeshing and importing and exporting GEOMS with Blender. I first thought it might be something with the file being wonky or something (I have managed to press buttons in Blender without knowing what they do), but I tried others where I made minimal changes to the mesh with the same error appearing. What could cause this?
Thanks for all these tools!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#263 Old 28th May 2016 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheaiNyx
Hi! I'm making my first attempt at creating clothing for TS3, and me being me, I decided to try to frankenmesh the thing. Everything has been working as well as it probably can for a beginner until I try to combine the meshes and update and combine the morphs. After I press "Update morphs, Renumber, Combine, and Save" I get this error:

I followed your tutorial on Frankenmeshing and importing and exporting GEOMS with Blender. I first thought it might be something with the file being wonky or something (I have managed to press buttons in Blender without knowing what they do), but I tried others where I made minimal changes to the mesh with the same error appearing. What could cause this?
Thanks for all these tools!

What that message means is that the mesh is not the format expected by Toolkit or that something is missing from it. I'd have to look at the problem mesh, know whether it's a base or morph, and maybe see the other meshes in order to see exactly what's going on and suggest how to fix it. Can you upload the meshes?

Test Subject
#264 Old 29th May 2016 at 12:45 PM
What that message means is that the mesh is not the format expected by Toolkit or that something is missing from it. I'd have to look at the problem mesh, know whether it's a base or morph, and maybe see the other meshes in order to see exactly what's going on and suggest how to fix it. Can you upload the meshes?

Well I tried importing the .simgeom file that I've put into the toolkit when trying to do what I described in my earlier post into Blender, only to get an error and no mesh showing up - but other, unchanged, meshes work. Other than that file, I've included the .blend file where everything shows up fine.
I originally used daluved1's tutorial on CAS creation, where I extracted the mesh for the coat with CTU (afBodySeasonJacketButton is the name of it in s3pe, after I extracted it from CTU it got the name beginning with 015). The other mesh (nude bottom) is exported straight from S3PE however.
I included the morphs though I haven't done anything with them.

In Blender when you load the .blend file you'll probably notice that there is a piece of orange outline not actually connected to the mesh while in object mode (there's no trace of that in edit mode) - I don't know what exactly caused it, but I do know that I messed up pressing some key while having the vertices selected and among other things could move the vertices around without the mesh following. I assumed it was fixed when I used ctrl-z and I could resume manipulating the mesh using the same vertices.
Other than that, I haven't (consciously) done anything besides moving vertices to get the shape I wanted, and delete loose vertices which solved an issue I had previously.

Also, I don't know if you can tell me what's wrong here, since the issue is with Cmo's import/export plugin, but since it's about the same file as the one the toolkit has issues with here's the error I get from blender trying to import it:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  frankenmeshedcoat.rar (346.6 KB, 3 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#265 Old 30th May 2016 at 2:03 PM
From looking at the .simgeom in a hex editor, it looks like the file ends after the data describing the vertex format - in other words, the file is cut off and all the actual mesh data is missing. Maybe it got corrupted somehow in the export. Since you have the blend file possibly you could try the export again. I can't really help you with that since I don't use Blender, and when I tried using it for TS3 quite a while ago I never could get the import/export to work well. Unfortunately cmo doesn't seem to be supporting this any more but from looking at the plugin thread, maybe this comment would help to you to make sure you have a compatible version of Blender and are exporting correctly, by selecting the original mesh file when you export: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...618#post4589618

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#266 Old 31st May 2016 at 12:15 PM
Ok, thanks! I'll try another Blender version as I'm unsure if the one I'm using is the correct one (I've been exporting to the original file so I don't think it's that)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#267 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 9:04 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#268 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:43 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#269 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 1:02 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#270 Old 5th May 2017 at 11:23 AM
"You have not selected a valid mesh with a base meshgroup"
Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#271 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 6:32 PM Last edited by tyraKeiraSims : 4th Jul 2017 at 7:53 PM. Reason: aditional info
I get the "You have not selected a valid mesh with a base meshgroup." error as well when using a mesh imported from Milkshape. When I try to import the wso file edited in blender, I get

This happens even if I dont change the mesh at all, just import to blender/milkshape and then save as wso file. I feel like I'm doing a noob mistake but I have no idea what's going on here.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#272 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 8:51 AM
If you're using a recent version of TSRW, it exports a WSO version that's not supported by Toolkit. I requested the updated format from them ages ago with no response. If you're using an old, pre-TS4, version, please upload the WSO you're having problems with.

Test Subject
#273 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 2:23 PM
If you're using a recent version of TSRW, it exports a WSO version that's not supported by Toolkit. I requested the updated format from them ages ago with no response. If you're using an old, pre-TS4, version, please upload the WSO you're having problems with.

You are correct, I was using the newest version of Workshop. No wonder I had troubles with the Toolkit!
I made another mesh using the simgeom files instead and while everything seems okay when I try to assign bones in the Toolkit, the Milkshape says "No bone file reference found" when I import it again. I'm very sorry for bothering you again, but do you perhaps have any idea what went wrong this time?
Thank you for your help and again, sorry for bothering you so much.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#274 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 5:01 PM
You're using Wes Howe's import plugin, right? That's an informational message telling you there's no skeleton file for the mesh and Milkshape will use a default skeleton. In the TS3 game files, there are separate skeleton files for the meshes so MS looks for one, but 99% of the time you don't have it available so it's not found. Skeletons associated with a mesh may have adjustments, especially if it's a child or toddler mesh, but I've never seen them make a significant difference for meshing purposes.

Long story short, just click okay and ignore it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#275 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 5:10 AM
Thank you for this Toolkit, Cmar, I never would have been able to make new clothes without it!
Page 11 of 12