Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meshing Toolkit - version 1.4.9 uploaded 12/20/2018

by CmarNYC Posted 26th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2018 at 3:05 PM by CmarNYC

296 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 12
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 10:37 PM
Awesome!!!!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#52 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 6:27 PM
Oh Heck Yea I'm using this! Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#53 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 12:45 AM
Woohoo!!! This featured is more than deserved! This tool is really AMAZING!! Congrats, CmarNYC!!!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#54 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 3:01 PM
I so want to learn how to make my own meshes. One day it will happen, and your tools will get me there. Thanks so much for everything you do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#55 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 4:05 PM
Again thank you, everyone!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 5:30 PM
Is This good for a newbie to use? I want to try my own skins.
Roger
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#57 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GAminRoger
Is This good for a newbie to use? I want to try my own skins.
Roger

Do you mean skins as in assigning bone weights? If so, yes, all you need to use the auto-bone tool is your mesh and an EA or custom reference mesh that's as similar to it in shape as possible.
Instructor
#58 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 8:53 PM
Seems my message got lost at the end of the previous page! :D
I wonder if you would also be able to make a bone tool that will allow us to make new bone-based sliders. Delphy's original tool broke when the Pets patch came out and it hasn't been updated since.

This space intentionally left blank...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#59 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
Seems my message got lost at the end of the previous page! :D
I wonder if you would also be able to make a bone tool that will allow us to make new bone-based sliders. Delphy's original tool broke when the Pets patch came out and it hasn't been updated since.

Oh geez, I did see that but forgot to reply.

I'm assuming you mean that there are a bunch of new bones that aren't included in Delphy's tool? I made a new bone file for his tool that includes all the bones as of Pets, and it's attached. Just replace the 'bones.xml' in the BoneDeltaEditor folder with the one attached. I used Delphy's tool to make my pet tail length slider, details in my tutorial on pet bone sliders: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=477927

And it's also something I'm considering adding to Toolkit - not just with complete bones but with a built-in tool for calculating rotations.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Pets_updated_bones.zip (3.9 KB, 15 downloads)
Test Subject
#60 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 1:23 PM
I have problem with WSO Auto-Create morphs tool
I do my morphs with that tool
Check morphs with WSO examiner
Everything is fine vertices and faces match
BUT when I check my morphs in Milkshape there's vertex mismatch in morphs(morphs have lesser vertices) and of course TSRW refuses to use that WSO file
Is this a bug?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#61 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OeselIslander
I have problem with WSO Auto-Create morphs tool
I do my morphs with that tool
Check morphs with WSO examiner
Everything is fine vertices and faces match
BUT when I check my morphs in Milkshape there's vertex mismatch in morphs(morphs have lesser vertices) and of course TSRW refuses to use that WSO file
Is this a bug?

Please upload the WSO files before and after using the auto-morph along with the mesh you're using as reference, and I'll take a look.
Instructor
#62 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm assuming you mean that there are a bunch of new bones that aren't included in Delphy's tool?
Thanks for the file! But from what I can gather from the comment thread over at Jonha's sliders, it seems that something technical changed with the Sims skeleton, making the bone behavior erratic when using Delphy's tool.

The post from Jonha:
http://www.modthesims.info/download...745#post3807745

This space intentionally left blank...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#63 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
Thanks for the file! But from what I can gather from the comment thread over at Jonha's sliders, it seems that something technical changed with the Sims skeleton, making the bone behavior erratic when using Delphy's tool.

The post from Jonha:
http://www.modthesims.info/download...745#post3807745

It's not at all clear to me from that thread what if anything is wrong with the sliders since some people have problems and others don't and the only halfway consistent story is that the butt slider distorts the body. A lot of people seem to just not have a mod installed to increase number of sliders, or not the right one for their game version. It's possible that some bone names or positions have been changed since the skeletons were reworked for Pets, and when I get time I'll look into it and let you know.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#64 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OeselIslander
Here you go
First file is adult male nude bottom without morphs(bottom.wso)
As a reference same mesh with morphs which I extracted with TSRW(naked bottom LOD1.wso)
I use Match Morphs tool(Does this matter?) on result(bottom_morphs.wso)

BTW:
Thanks for quick reply

I was able to import the mesh 'bottom_morphs.wso' into Milkshape and TSRW with no problems, so no idea why you can't!

The Match Morphs function shouldn't be necessary but shouldn't do any harm or actually make any difference in this case.
Test Subject
#65 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 4:12 PM Last edited by OeselIslander : 30th Aug 2012 at 4:35 PM.
Sorry to bother again
I wonder do adding faces in Milkshape to base mesh and then auto morphing could cause problems with TSRW vertex data optimization?
Like with these files
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  male bottom_new.7z (59.4 KB, 10 downloads)
Test Subject
#66 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 3:29 PM
Hi Cmar, this tool is very useful, thank you very much!
I'm a TSRW user, and I used ur Auto-create morph for WSO files. The resulting mesh seemed to lack the uv from the reference mesh, and in the uv editor the uv coordinates were all over the place and shaped like a sphere. Is this normal?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#67 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 12:48 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 2nd Sep 2012 at 10:20 PM.
@OeselIslander and luluke0325: You both seem to have found a problem with handling the UV maps in the auto-morph tool. I think this is causing your import problem, OeselIslander, due to (maybe) a seam-splitting problem. Luluke0325, the reference meshes UV is not used but the original mesh's base UV should be duplicated in the morphs instead of looking like a ball of yarn a kitten's been playing with. I'll look into it and hopefully post an updated version of Toolkit very soon. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Edit: The import problem is not the UV. My best guess is that it's something in the mesh that TSRW doesn't like - I don't know yet what. You may be able to import by clicking 'No' when it asks whether to optimize the data.

Edit again: New version uploaded with the UV assignment corrected for WSO auto-morph.
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:53 AM
@OeselIslander and luluke0325: You both seem to have found a problem with handling the UV maps in the auto-morph tool. I think this is causing your import problem, OeselIslander, due to (maybe) a seam-splitting problem. Luluke0325, the reference meshes UV is not used but the original mesh's base UV should be duplicated in the morphs instead of looking like a ball of yarn a kitten's been playing with. I'll look into it and hopefully post an updated version of Toolkit very soon. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Edit: The import problem is not the UV. My best guess is that it's something in the mesh that TSRW doesn't like - I don't know yet what. You may be able to import by clicking 'No' when it asks whether to optimize the data.

Edit again: New version uploaded with the UV assignment corrected for WSO auto-morph.
Thank you very much, the new version, let the problem solved! That's very kind of you!!!!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 3:58 PM

hi it's me again, sry for so much trouble....
I used the new auto-morph tool and it worked fine, but when i tried to import the resulting wso file into TSRW, a warning appeared: - - - - - - -No base group - - - - - - - - - - Unmatched number of vertices in group 'group_thin', got 5998 expected 7751- - - - - - -
sry again for the trouble, and thank you so much....
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 7:10 AM
Got a Prob with the new 1.2 version... trying to do a frankenmesh. 1.1 screwed up the LOD2 fat morph mesh, but did a decent job on the other morphs. Wanted to re-do the LOD2 meshes (sticking to the Tutorial with other clothing mesh), but now I get an error msg (sorry, it's in German) : Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt bei Xmod.DataLib.GEOM.FixUnusedBones() bei WindowsFormsApplication1.Toolkit_MainForm.FrankensteinGo_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#71 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 2:03 PM
@luluke and meyomey: Could you upload your before and after meshes and the reference mesh you were using so I can test on your data?

@luluke: Also, please try importing into TSRW by clicking 'no' when it asks whether to optimize the vertex data.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 9:36 PM
Cmar,

will do so gladly.

For a short explanation of the contents, I started with a cropped top (croptop*.simgeom, cloth*.blendgeoms), cropped it further almost to lewdness (edit-crop*.simgeom), also extracted (nude-lod*.simgeom) and cropped an afnude mesh (edit-nude*.simgeom)

Results from Mesh Toolkit 1.1 are named franked-lod*.simgeom (self-explanatory, -fixed indicates tangent fix applied). I already after-edited the resulting LOD1 fat mesh since the underlying remaining nude mesh poked through at a few spots as already expected from the tutorial. LOD2 fat is totally gone wrong - no critcism, most likely I picked crappy seams.

Thanks for your efforts
Torsten
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  croppedtop-f_stein.7z (373.5 KB, 8 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#73 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 6:02 AM
The error message is a bug in the latest version of Toolkit - thanks for pointing it out and I'm replacing the download with version 1.2.0.1 with this fixed.

The .blendgeoms for the cropped top don't have any morph data in them - if you use the BGEO Examine BGEO you'll see their section 3 parts have only one entry in them which means they only have data to morph one vertex. Where did you get them or how did you make them? That's why your lod 2 morphs don't look right. I see your lod1 morphs look fine so you must have had correct morphs at some point.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 10:11 AM
The .blendgeoms for the cropped top don't have any morph data in them - if you use the BGEO Examine BGEO you'll see their section 3 parts have only one entry in them which means they only have data to morph one vertex. Where did you get them or how did you make them?

To be honest, I'm not sure... downloaded them some time ago. Guess I'll just use the LOD1 meshes/morphs as LOD2 instead.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#75 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 8:17 PM
Just downloaded the new version ^^ thank you so much!
Page 3 of 12