Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 38 of 43
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#926 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 10:20 AM
This still ok for the Sept 24th patch?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Deceased
Original Poster
#927 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
This still ok for the Sept 24th patch?

AFAIK it should be fine - I haven't heard of any issues but haven't had time myself to do intensive testing.
Lab Assistant
#928 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:45 PM
Hey really like your mod but there is one thing i miss, it's an option to lock the door for everyone but Alien or later on other supernatural lifestates if we get some.
So is something like that possible?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#929 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 7:18 PM
Um... I cannot seem to get this mod to work in-game. I chose to lock a door for only my selected sim; she can still walk right on in. ANother one... I chose to lock the door for EVERYONE.... and everyone flocks to that door. Am I doing something wrong?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#930 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OMGitz Shelbie XD
Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, you've understood it in reverse. Lock "for" a sim means only that sim can get in. It's the opposite of locking "against".

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
THANKS POST
#931 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 7:27 PM
thank
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#932 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 2:55 PM
nice this mod love this thanks
Test Subject
#933 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 3:38 AM
Hey this is a great mod and still works perfect for me-- I think it matters which direction your door is facing, but maybe it just seemed that way.

What I was wondering was if the creator of this mod or anybody else would be willing to create other "lockable" items using essentially the same menu offered for the door. I want to be able to lock/unlock BEDS, for example, for certain sims, rather than locking the doors all together. I just want them to sleep in their own beds and figured the "locking" method seemed the best, since this really isn't an option any other way.

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#934 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beavcleaver1
Hey this is a great mod and still works perfect for me-- I think it matters which direction your door is facing, but maybe it just seemed that way.

What I was wondering was if the creator of this mod or anybody else would be willing to create other "lockable" items using essentially the same menu offered for the door. I want to be able to lock/unlock BEDS, for example, for certain sims, rather than locking the doors all together. I just want them to sleep in their own beds and figured the "locking" method seemed the best, since this really isn't an option any other way.

Thanks.

I don't know if it's working like you want but with the last patch you can claim the bed as yours
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#935 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 6:36 AM
This mod rocks! TY!
Test Subject
#936 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 7:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
I can't get the mod working with the specific genders and ages... and I can't choose sims to keep in or out... the Never Lock For... Menu doesn't even go to anything

Quote: Originally posted by kyusuk
I have a few problems with this mod. I installed it exactly as described, Script Mods are enabled, but the locks doesn't work. Sims who shouldn't be able to enter - like when using a gender lock - keep passing through the door like it would normally be. Besides, when I go visit a household, my Sims actually can't because the "Knock On Door" option does not show up, only the mod options (Set Lock Style, etc).

I am also having this issue and it is really annoying. I'm going to have to remove the mod if it doesn't get fixed just so I can lock my doors again.
Test Subject
#937 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 12:08 AM
Does anyone know if this mod still works with today's latest patch?
Test Subject
#938 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 2:15 AM
Hi, I´m testing all my mods.
This one is not working properly. It´s having conflicts with the cellphone ui, make a call for example. Everytime I used both consecutively, make a call and later lock the door using this mod, i got a "purple dot" in the middle of my screen and a trasparent rectangle with a yellow border in one of the corners.
Before the patch, was wroking perfectly.
Please update, if the creator has time, this fabulous mod.
Test Subject
#939 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 2:46 PM
It might be a while so we'll have to be patient. Scum posted on another mod feedback that he's been busy with RL stuff and is not coding much these days.
Test Subject
#940 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 10:21 PM
I know the creator, Scum, is busy with RL and all that, but does this mod work / up-to-date with Get to Together expansion / latest new Dec. 4th patch? Because I love this mod a lot.
Test Subject
#941 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyFantasy
I know the creator, Scum, is busy with RL and all that, but does this mod work / up-to-date with Get to Together expansion / latest new Dec. 4th patch? Because I love this mod a lot.

No, it doesn't seem to be working properly anymore, and is listed as broken on The Sims forums.
Lab Assistant
#942 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 1:52 PM
I am currently using it with both the Dec 4 patch and GT and I haven't run into any issues yet. I didn't test each and every option, but the doorlocks I have seem to be working fine and I also have no problems with using beds and the likes.
Test Subject
#943 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 2:31 PM
Hello
Unfortunately this mod does not appear to work with the latest December 2015 patch. I have all the expansions apart from the new Get Together. Don't know how I will cope without the mod as it as been brilliant and makes game play much more expansive. I do hope that the mod creator can do something to help. It is the quick locks option that I like to use so that I can determine which sim can use which door. For example, I have built a semi-detached and would like the families to stay in their own homes without moving into the neighbours' house. It is also invaluable when using Get to Work. Really can't think how I will manage without it :-(
Scholar
#944 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devilndisguise
No, it doesn't seem to be working properly anymore, and is listed as broken on The Sims forums.

It works for me. What exactly is not working?
Scholar
#945 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
It works for me. What exactly is not working?

For me the "Never locked for" option is broken. It only lets me select only one sim now instead of several. When I do so, most of the time the door in question locks to everyone and the settings cannot be changed again anymore. In one weird case I got a pink circle on my screen that remained until I entered build mode.
Scholar
#946 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Morphar : 31st Dec 2015 at 9:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
For me the "Never locked for" option is broken. It only lets me select only one sim now instead of several. When I do so, most of the time the door in question locks to everyone and the settings cannot be changed again anymore. In one weird case I got a pink circle on my screen that remained until I entered build mode.

Yes that's right.

Edit:
Yes, it is right that it is an error.
Lab Assistant
#947 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki

Having the same issues here, and I also got a pink circle. Very weird!
Test Subject
#948 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 8:08 AM
Still broken, I have all the expansions & all the stuff packs installed. The pink circle persists. It also breaks other dialog boxes {Maxis coded} that require a sim selection box to appear.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#949 Old 14th Jan 2016 at 3:04 AM
Some are saying this is broken. The only expansion I have is Get to Work and I don't have any stuff packs. Will it still work?
Lab Assistant
#950 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 8:57 PM
it has club lock?
Page 38 of 43