Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 7:25 PM
Thanks for your help, I have saved my neighborhood with all my beloved sims, and I have opened the game, a new Vista Gentil neighborhood was created, and the pets were created, weather, etc ... I joined the Lapida family (I don't know the name in English) is an older man who lives with a woman called Cassandra and a boy, I always hated him he gets angry with my sims when they look at the telescope, I thought he was an NPC, I played an hour or so I created the urban center and 2 universities, ok, I went with Homero to the city center and everything is fine, there is no merger of neighborhoods nor the university is with blue squares, I keep this neighborhood clean just in case, today I want to play with my sims, you will tell me what we do now! Thanks
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 8:57 PM
So what we have now found is:
-Adding a new subhood to your original neighbourhood gives us a bad result
-We determined that your custom content and userdata is not causing this
-We can create a new neighbourhood and add subhoods so your game installation files are okay
The only thing that is left as a possibility is that there is a problem with your original neighbourhood.

What we can do now is-
Either try to fix the original neighbourhood (which may or may not be successful)
Or- abandon the original neighbourhood and try to recover any sims, lots etc that you value from it, to put in a new neighbourhood.
Or- just make an entirely new neighbourhood.

Sorry it is not better news!
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 3:58 PM
Hello @Simsample, thanks for your help and time, I understand that my neighborhood is damaged, but only in university and urban center, and I can still go to the university and downtown at night, I will not erase that neighborhood since it is where I have everyone my families, can you tell me how we can fix it or at least try it? , when you have time tell me how to do it, again thank you very much for your help and your time I appreciate it very much.
Can the families be saved and put in another neighborhood, with all the lots as well, or should I start over?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 6:59 PM
You could use Hood Checker to check for any corruption in the neighbourhood; there could be problems that we cannot see that could be fixed by this tool, although I don't think it will fix the visible subhood problems. That tool may help you to keep on playing the neighbourhood.

If you want to transfer everything to another neighbourhood then you could use SimPE to clone the sims, and remake them in CAS in another neighbourhood. You would then need to rebuild relationships and family ties- all of this can be done in SimPE but it is time consuming, so whether you do this or not would depend upon how many sims and how many generations you have.

You could also make a copy of the entire neighbourhood- I have done this myself with my current neighbourhood. I copied the terrain and lots to a fresh neighbourhood using Hood Replace and then remade the sims using cloned templates in CAS, and used SimPE to rebuild relationships and memories. Very time consuming as you would need to clean any lots of sim references, although there are toold to help you do this.

How many sims are in the neighbourhood?
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 4:03 PM
hello @simsample ! sorry for my delay, well ... I don't know if I'm going to explain myself well with my terrible English, when I played with the clean neighborhood, with the stone family, and I closed the game, I saved that neighborhood in a folder of my HHD, ok, I put my neighborhood and I only have one university, I don't think I need more, now I see my urban center OK, not merged, and my university without blue squares, could it be that playing with a new neighborhood would overwrite something that was wrong? Why now it I see well later, now I have no time the game takes me 14-18 minutes to load, depending on the day, I can not verify this good news, later in a few hours I will look at it again, if it is ok, I leave it
So! and it would all be thanks to you and your help and patience! . These days I wanted to go to a new neighborhood, the oddities, to do a challenge (that of an adult who has 7 alien children), and I wanted to do it there since my neighborhood is full (Vista Gentil).
Regarding your question, how many sims do I have in Vista Gentil, EVERYONE! I did not play in more neighborhoods, only there. I should try more things, sometimes I don't have time. Too many sims, I could not do all that with simpe, etc ... there are many, and I love them all! I hope you understand me, thanks again, later I check if this miracle has happened xD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 5:39 PM
Oh, keep us updated! If it is working then that would be very good news!
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 12:43 AM
hello @simsample , well about the neighborhoods well, but I have a problem I do not know if it is worse and I am sorry that this thread is so varied with my problems, but it is not to open 10 different topics, if you have to do that, open each problem a topic ,let me know.
Well, to try I went to university with my sims, do you remember that I kept them all together in the drawer? Ok, well, there were many, I have repetitions and from my families that I care about, many of them I sent to the university and they never stepped from teenagers to young adults, there is always a scene, like when a sim grows up, right? Well, in each drawer I have 8 sims, I am trying to put them in apartments but when one does the growth scene with the father / mother, the second sims, the game freezes, it is more I must log out and open the game again, and I have to move those sims to the drawer again, I've been trying for 2 hours and nothing (I have to close the game and reopen it, it's tedious) I don't know what to do, my sims have to go from adolescent to young adult and since there are 8 growths, the game crashes, what do I do?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 11:29 AM
These are young adult sims? And you have them in the sim drawer in the University or the main neighbourhood?
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 6:42 PM
They are teenagers who are going to change into young adults I have them in the drawer of the university
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 7:11 PM
Are you trying to put them into apartments (using the apartment doors) or dormitories (using the dorm doors)? I've never tried apartments in a Uni hood- not sure that they will work, does anyone know?
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 11:26 PM
Thanks for your answer, I tried it in apartments and in rental houses, it does not go beyond the animation of the happy father / mother who takes his son to the university, after that scene, I got 2 more to become young adults, but the game crashes, what's more, if I enter the university neighborhood and I want to go to that lot, it crashes again, I can only remove them from the apartment / house and put them back in the drawer ...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 10:41 AM
It definitely sound like something is very wrong with this neighbourhood, this is still the university attached to Vista Gentil? Does it work any better if you turn off the special event camera in the camera settings?
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 6:11 PM
I was able to send 2 relay of university children to some apartments, and another 8 to a rental house, it happens to me only with ONE family, they are all children of my favorite sims couple, I have noticed that it is when X sim is going to change From teenager to young adult, everything is blocked. If they're in the drawer, they can't be edited with simpe, right?
The others for now, yesterday I played 2 hours with them they are fine, they are from my favorite families and everything is ok, for now it happens to me with those 8. I'm going to try disabling cameras.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 8:23 PM
Yes, you can edit sims that are binned in SimPE as usual- they are still part of the neighbourhood. The lot instance for sims in the bin should be 0; there is a subhood value there in the FAMI that is 0x00000002 for student bin.
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 12:12 AM
hello simsample, first thing, thanks for all your help, and your patience, you led me on the right track and well, I think a bit too, hahaha, look good news, I came up with a thing after loading the game a lot Sometimes I am also stubborn, before when I was a rookie, and my game did not start, you know what I did? .. I reinstalled everything, and now I know that you have to delete the files Groups.chache and Accessory.cache, before that I did not know and reinstalled all the game and expansions, imagine the work, well to the point:
I decided to remove my downloads folder, ok? more than anything so that it takes me only 3-4 minutes to load and do several tests, ok, it was just that, I put the youth without CC, and voila that's it, they became young adults, ready to go to college, It is true that I was wearing EA Games hair and clothes, you call it Maxis, one day you will tell me why, I saved everything, and I put my download folder again, I entered, fearing that it will not load and it did load!
I already have my sims ready to face university, only some of them changed their hair and clothes, since I did not like how they looked, but their genetics, skin, eyes etc ... It is intact.
My last question for today is, all the repeating sims that I have in the drawer, can't I delete them? If No, what is the reason? Since EA Games gives that option to delete those sims ... I have deleted many and I don't think that will damage the game ... and those sims are pre-terminated, I never played with them, they have no history in my neighborhood ... I await your answer thank you and again, forgive my english and that the translator does not make it perfect.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 1:03 AM
Oh good, glad it was something you were able to solve!

For the duplicate sims, the game deals with sims deleted in-game is to create a 'stub' which just contains things like the sim's thumbnail image and name. This is not particularly desirable, whereas it won't actually cause any problems, some consider it to be messy.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg321392
https://modthesims.info/showthread....388#post5516388

If you do want to move a character completely without trace, the process is a bit complicated and fiddly, but I've done it before with success. Of course, backup your neighbourhoods before you try this!
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6205.0.html
Instructor
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 4:06 AM
ok, that's too much for me, I leave them in the sims drawer, I won't delete them, but I'm not going to use them, I don't like those default sims, that's why I have so much CC, I like my sims to look cool , anyway, thanks for your tutorials, they are very difficult for me, although I must say that I have deleted a lot of sims, and my neighborhood is fine (more or less hahahaha), for now my neighborhoods university and urban center, they look well! and I was able to save those university sims, so for me I am happy, one more thing ... (haha another one?), I have played these hours with the university sims and ... they are family and they want to connect with each other, that is, hearts come out and Some are brothers, how is that possible? Is there something to avoid that? I don't like that brothers and sisters become a couple, or like each other in a romantic way.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#43 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 12:59 PM
Sounds like their family relationship has been lost, you should be able to fix that in-game with a mod- something like sim manipulator or maybe insimenator, but the one I like is the Sim Blender by twojeffs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#44 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 1:34 AM Last edited by Missdabone : 23rd Nov 2021 at 2:07 AM.
humm I do not know, it was a long time since I played with these boys & girls , I have 2 favorite couples in Vista Gentil, and they are the ones who have the most children, I think I read a mod here on MTS about the family not falling in love until X relationship, I'll have to read the mods page again! xD, I won't use that mod, I don't want any more mod, that one looks a lot like an inseminator, I never used the other one, the one for teenagers, I don't know how to install it, I just don't know if young adults can have "ñiqui ñiqui" I think that you call it whooho, I would see it very stupid if you couldn't, being in college, you are older, right? I understand that the teenagers may not have seemed good to EA Games, but the university students can not have relationships? Sorry for my inexperience, but the truth is, I always played with adults in a gentle way, I still have a lot to explore from the game. Thanks for all the help @simsample

P.S: I found it, to see if it works here
Page 2 of 2