Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 9:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life
Default Two Pescado mods suddenly stopped working
For the longest time, I've been using "BFFs are for 12s" and "no A+ cheering" by Pescado without any issues. Now, they no longer work. I tried placing them in my zzz_Load_Last folder in case something was overwriting them, but they still don't work. HCDU doesn't mention any conflicts and I can't think of anything that I've downloaded recently that would interfere with them. But even if I had, wouldn't putting them in my Load Last folder take care of that? Any help would be appreciated!!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 10:35 PM
If they suddenly stopped working, then yes, you most likely have a conflict, even if the HCDU doesn't mention anything. Sometimes conflicts aren't detected. In that case, I recommend backing up your game first, and then doing a 50/50 to weed out items until you find the conflict. I'd start by removing new stuff first--even if you don't think something will conflict, it's best to test and make sure.

Other things to consider is the amount of cc you have and how deep your mod is in a subfolder. It's not 100%, but both issues can affect if things are working correctly in a game. You can also try loading the mod first and/or changing the file name. So don't just put it in a folder that starts with z, put a few zzs on the file name itself, etc.

(Also, FYI, no need to ask the same question in two different threads.)

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 10:17 PM
Check if the files have recently been changed, sometimes (at least my) game randomly breaks files. If that has happened then simply redownload them.