Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Temperature Mods

by simler90 Posted 26th Aug 2019 at 10:27 PM - Updated 15th Mar 2021 at 9:37 PM by simler90

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 5:19 PM
It always bothered me as well how fast Sims warm up. I barely have time to send cold Sim to make some hot drink or Tomato juice, they get warm before the drink is done making, and I love using produce for making juices for different purposes.

Thank you for this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 10:53 AM
I was looking for this for my whole life
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 11:24 AM
Finally some sanity! We're forced to put heaters and ACs but how fast they acted was really silly. Also finally some colds yay!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 10:20 PM
Hey, love this concept. Downloaded it today and ran my game but unfortunately upon lot load it errors out with the Temperature Receptivity controller. I'm running Ultimate Collection without any other mods that affect temperature, so I don't think its a mod conflict.

Build: 1.17.0.66
at Oct 11 2008,15:12:07

Object id: 304
name: Controller - Temperature Receptivity
Stack size: 2
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 134
Frame 1:
Stack Object id: 1349
Stack Object name: N010_User00174 - Kent
Node: 3
Tree: id 4100 name 'Process' version -32736
from Controller_TemperatureReceptivity
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals: 0 0 0
Frame 0:
Stack Object id: 1349
Stack Object name: N010_User00174 - Kent
Node: 18
Tree: id 4097 name 'Function - Main' version -32745
from Controller_TemperatureReceptivity
Prim state: 0
Params: Locals: 4 1
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 11:28 PM
I suppose quite unsurprisingly, this mod shows conflicts with warmthfixes from MATY:

I've used warmthfixes for years and years, and to be quite honest I find that sims perhaps take too long to normalize their temperature.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 2:54 PM
awesome, does the sim use the radiator from AL to warm self ? is so this would be cool as I install radiators but sims don't react to them
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 4:13 PM
Any chance to have ceiling fans affect the rate a sim cools down? (and vice versa make radiators affect the rate a sim warms up)
These objects have been useless for too long...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 6:27 AM
Thank you for fashion! I love it. It's funny when a frozen sim falls with a crispy sound.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 5:42 PM
Do I need both the FireplaceMod and TemperatureFireplaceRadiatorFanMod? Or are they one in the same?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th May 2020 at 4:21 PM
I cannot thank you enough for this and all your other mods. I recently got back into The Sims 2, and all your mods help make the game feel fresh and new again. I love how temperature finally has an effect on indoor sims, and items like the fireplace and functional air conditioner mod actually serve a purpose, now!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th May 2020 at 11:17 PM
I'd like to tune this TemperatureMod as you said in the description but when I click on "Tuning - General" I see all the lines with empty labels.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st May 2020 at 4:30 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 22nd May 2020 at 4:27 AM.
My sims seem unable to overheat with these mods. I am using the advanced version of the temperature mod and all three of the other mods. I don't think I have any other mods that would affect temperature or conflict with your mods.

Some of my sims were visiting a tropical island destination. On a very hot day (temperature 60), no matter what they did, they never overheated or passed out. Their maximum temperature stopped at the level in the attached screen shot and never rose any higher.

Edit: removing "no mood caps" seems to have fixed the issue. My sims can now overheat properly again.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 7:05 AM
I'm really loving the way Fireplace Mod is allowing sims on community lots to light fireplaces. Makes the place look warm and cheery.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 10:27 AM
I love that sims can light fireplaces on commlots but there's an issue in my game: they light fireplaces in summer as well and/or even if they have high temperatures. Also unplayables don't make difference between commlots and residential so visiting sims in houselot will light fireplaces too which shouldn't be allowed, right?
Alchemist
#16 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 4:55 PM
For the Temperature Fireplace Radiator Fan Mod, are custom objects recognized? Not just custom fireplaces, but I also have a few custom radiators, fans, and air conditioning units. Will they be recognized or is there a way I can add them to the list of objects which are recognized? Also, as there's quite a few deco objects out there (decorative fans, ACs, and heaters, I mean), can I also add those to get recognized by the mod, or does the object have to have a "warm self" or fan feature?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 2:32 PM
simler90 I like your mods and I have a lot of them. But I think you should read and answer the comments, because the people have doubts and they aren't always SimPe's users or don't always know how to check and identify conflicts. Thanks.

My mods: Tumblr
My family trees: Midocaito
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 12:13 AM
Does SInk Drink Mod also allow Plantsims to drink if they're low on water?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 6:26 AM
if you have SimNopke's passers dress properly for cold mod then it will show up as a conflict if you installed the Weather Outfit mod, but the latter does the same and more so just a warning to anyone who had that mod installed and got this also.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 2:25 PM Last edited by Anitne : 26th Oct 2020 at 7:01 PM.
Nice mod! Great job with fans and radiator.
I used it just for a little while, but now when its winter my sims are always cold at home, so they have to spent half their time warming themselves up. And it doesn't look like shower, tub, hot tub or sauna change temprature, although it would be logical. Just like being in bed for cold sims. Or just being in the same room where there is litted fireplace or turned on radiator.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
My sims seem unable to overheat with these mods. I am using the advanced version of the temperature mod and all three of the other mods. I don't think I have any other mods that would affect temperature or conflict with your mods.

Some of my sims were visiting a tropical island destination. On a very hot day (temperature 60), no matter what they did, they never overheated or passed out. Their maximum temperature stopped at the level in the attached screen shot and never rose any higher.

Edit: removing "no mood caps" seems to have fixed the issue. My sims can now overheat properly again.

No Mood Caps Mod is not the cause of this. What you have experienced is normal game behaviour. Body temperature is only allowed to increase to extreme (85 and higher) if the outside temperature happens to be 70 or higher. Otherwise the game caps sims' body temperature at 84.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 5:32 AM
I'm using the fireplace mod and sims keep lighting fireplaces and warming themselves even when their thermometer is in the red. They pretty much keep them lit constantly and I've even had a visitor go through the house lighting multiple fireplaces. I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, but I was thinking that they would be doing it only when they're cold. This is everything I have installed relating to this mod:

FireplaceMod-UPDATE1
SinkDrinkMod
TemperatureAdModifierMod-RegularVersion
TemperatureFireplaceRadiatorFanMod-UPDATE7
TemperatureMod-AdvancedVersion-UPDATE2
TemperatureNoMoodCaps
WeatherOutfitMod-UPDATE6
WeatherReactionMod

I was really looking forward to the autonomous fireplace feature, but it's just too much right now.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Dec 2020 at 8:05 AM
One question: do the objects that modify temperature have a radius of effect or simply apply to the whole room they're in?
If it's radius based then can you add more objects to the TemperatureFireplaceRadiatorFanMod mod, such as the wood fire or the fire thingy from Nightlife?
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 9:32 AM Last edited by annylasee : 28th Dec 2020 at 11:28 AM.
I love this mod when it works since it adds realism to the game, however this seems to cause random time freezes on large and very large lots(4x5) or larger, I have no other mods that does anything with weather and globals so could you plz check if there is the chance that this mod somehow programmed time wrong. Thanks in advance
Edit: figured out that TemperatureFireplaceRadiatorFanMod-UPDATE7 caused the problem, every other component works fine.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 11:40 PM Last edited by guirnaldas : 11th Jan 2021 at 8:17 AM.
I love this mod but i still think temperatures get too extreme. Specially in the advanced version, being indoors should attenuate (more) the body temps. When it's too hot outside sims just can't take showers because that raises even more their bodytemp and they end up passing out (and sunburned). Fans should be needed to help normalize their temperature not to avoid passing out.

*Visitors being able to get the effects of temperature instead of leaving the lot is a great feature by this mod, but it should also reset their temperature after they go home, so when you happen to meet them again days later they won't appear with the same effect on them. I have a lot of my townies with frost skin since forever and the only way to hopefully normalize them is when they're in the same lot as my playable sim enough time.
Page 1 of 2