Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Third Person Mod

by QuackGames Posted 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:04 PM - Updated 8th Aug 2019 at 1:54 PM by QuackGames

281 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 180 Feedback Posts, 100 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#251 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 9:21 AM
Thank you so much! I literally started tearing up when I found this - I am so excited!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#252 Old 12th May 2020 at 6:25 PM
I really want to control my Sim with a controller, a joystick of some sort so hopefully something can be done about that. This mod sounds awesome so thank you!
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 21st May 2020 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apolllo440
I really want to control my Sim with a controller, a joystick of some sort so hopefully something can be done about that. This mod sounds awesome so thank you!

For now, you can use a third-party software to turn controller inputs into keyboard ones (such as joy2key) but I hope the modder updates it one day to allow that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#254 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 8:15 PM
Can't wait to play The Sims 3 as it was the Sims 2 for the consoles.
Test Subject
#255 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 12:31 PM
Greek Translation! Enjoy
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ThirdPersonStrings_GR.txt (3.0 KB, 114 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#256 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 8:25 PM
This is one of those cool mods that should have been part of the vanilla experience.
Test Subject
#257 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 7:01 AM
Hi I haven't seen anyone else comment this yet, I tried playing with this mod and I can't seem to activate it. When I started a new game it said it was installed correctly but when I press f1 to activate the mod it only mutes and unmutes my volume. I really want to use this mod please help.
Test Subject
#258 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenn8239
Hi I haven't seen anyone else comment this yet, I tried playing with this mod and I can't seem to activate it. When I started a new game it said it was installed correctly but when I press f1 to activate the mod it only mutes and unmutes my volume. I really want to use this mod please help.

I have the same issue as well , i have a laptop that binds the f1 key with the mute functionality and it doesn't let me use the mod. can you bind it to another key so i can actually use it? thank you so much. The f7 or f10 keys would work. since they dont have nothing attached to them.
Test Subject
#259 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starsong765
I have the same issue as well , i have a laptop that binds the f1 key with the mute functionality and it doesn't let me use the mod. can you bind it to another key so i can actually use it? thank you so much. The f7 or f10 keys would work. since they dont have nothing attached to them.

Aw atleast I'm not the only one with this problem, I'd really love to play this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#260 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 6:39 AM
This completly changed my game, thank you very much. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#261 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 9:10 PM
Sounds great but sadly can't use it as the F1 key on my pc is linked to the "How to get help in windows" and that just pops up every time I click it :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#262 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 11:00 PM
Thank you so much for making this mod! It's the best mod I"ve ever downloaded!
Test Subject
#263 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starsong765

Have you unlocked your F keys? On laptops (like mine) where the F keys double up as volume keys, play buttons, etc, you have to lock and unlock the F functionalities. On mine I do it by hitting Fn (next to ctrl) and the esc button - try googling your laptop to see if you can find out how to do this. Once you do this the F keys will work as hotkeys rather than the volume, etc etc.
Test Subject
#264 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 4:36 PM
Would it be possible to reduce how much sims turn when turning ? I've managed to change the keybinds with S3PE but that's it so far.

Incredible mod otherwise!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#265 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 5:43 PM
This seems like a suitable gameplay option. Sims 3 is very singular family, singular sim oriented game, so having perspective become closer feels more natural. I hope it'll help me feel more connected with my sims, since I'm more used to a distant crowd control management style.
Test Subject
#266 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 4:34 PM
This seems like a good idea but is unusable for me, the turning speed/turning mechanism is too sensitive. Anytime I tried to turn from one direction to another the whole camera spins. It's a little disorienting and it doesn't appear that diagonal directions (northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest), were incorporated very well because that is usually when the camera spin happens, taking a couple of tries to actually make my sim walk in that direction.
Test Subject
#267 Old 17th Mar 2022 at 10:25 AM
can you please update this for ver 1.70?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#268 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 9:19 PM
Reminds me of the Sims 2 on GameCube. I remember you could walk around so this mod allowing it in the Sims 3 is pretty much a throwback.
Test Subject
#269 Old 20th Apr 2022 at 4:15 AM
This seems a great idea, I was pretty stunned watching videos from gameplays with that mod, but it doesn't work for me. The turn speed is so fast that no matter what I do I cannot make my sim to go to the direction I want. That's the only reason why it's unusable for me, maybe it needs some update or something, so I will wait till something come up.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#270 Old 21st May 2022 at 9:09 PM
àm sorry but these mod don't work....when i press f1 nothing, shift and tap nothing f key nope.....dont work.....i have the mod in the sims 3 \mods\packages or where i must i put it in?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#271 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 11:40 AM
Thank you for making this mod!
Test Subject
#272 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 9:35 AM
This HAS to be my MOST ⭐FAV MOD Ever!!
Thank You for Sharing this with us!!! It is now my FAV thing to do when taking photos for the albums! - LoL!
You can find the share here - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/tammyjo33
Thanks again and Happy Simming!!
Test Subject
#273 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 11:24 AM
Is there any chance to make a similar mod for The Sims Medieval??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#274 Old 12th Nov 2022 at 4:18 AM
That's a game changer! Thank youu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#275 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 2:31 AM
I really appreciate this mod and it's an amazing idea. If you're still around though, it needs some work as it's very buggy and hard to control. I really hope it gets some future updates. This mod can change the whole vibe of this game. I love using it to walk around Twinbroke in the marshy areas but it REALLY needs some tweaking. It spins way too fast and it's very hard to enable or disable when my laptop decides it doesn't understand F keys anymore lol

Also I noticed that when trying to walk up slopes, sometimes my sim will get stuck underground and I will need to go into buy mode, turn move objects on to take them out from underground.
Page 11 of 12