Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Third Person Mod

by QuackGames Posted 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:04 PM - Updated 8th Aug 2019 at 1:54 PM by QuackGames

281 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 180 Feedback Posts, 100 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 2nd May 2019 at 5:32 PM
I don't play TS3 but this is really amazing, someone should do something like this for Sims2.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#202 Old 3rd May 2019 at 7:56 AM
Like an MMO? I predict I will love this mod.
Test Subject
#203 Old 11th May 2019 at 6:33 PM Last edited by Archyperion : 11th May 2019 at 8:47 PM.
Initially didn't work, but resolved the issue. this mod seems to be close to being revolutionary, well done.

A little comment. The camera seems to have trouble catching up with a sim riding in a car / on a motorcycle
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 12th May 2019 at 3:07 PM
Kindly explain what Third Person vs Third Person Jazz is? Was unable to find this explanation. Should I be installing both of these files? Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 12th May 2019 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Looseal
Kindly explain what Third Person vs Third Person Jazz is? Was unable to find this explanation. Should I be installing both of these files? Thank you.

You need to install both.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 12th May 2019 at 8:36 PM
Impressive!

I have to try this right this minute! It sounds amazing!

Thanks mate!
Test Subject
#207 Old 14th May 2019 at 7:16 PM
Came here from "The Sim Supply" over on YouTube. Not messed with it yet, but I like what I saw, what is the possibility of a FPV version?
Test Subject
#208 Old 16th May 2019 at 10:49 AM
So this is kinda like the Sims 2 series of games on the PS2. That's pretty neat.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#209 Old 21st May 2019 at 8:56 AM
I am speechless. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You are my new favorite person.
Test Subject
#210 Old 21st May 2019 at 9:35 PM
I just saw this and didn't know I needed it. It looks great! I also translated it to Finnish.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ThirdPersonStrings_FI.rar (948 Bytes, 21 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#211 Old 24th May 2019 at 12:44 AM
Wow this is absolutely amazing... Thank you so so much for you wonderful efforts
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#212 Old 24th May 2019 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Horni4Elves
Sims 4 version somewhere?

Just wanted to drop a quick update that yes, I am working on a Sims 4 version of this mod, alongside my current indie game project. It's not ready yet as there are still some problems to be fixed, but I'm happy to say that I'm on the right track and I have successfully found a way to implement this into The Sims 4 (which was way more challenging than expected). It has been over a month since my last update on this mod, and this is the reason why. I didn't want to say or promise anything before I was absolutely certain that it could be done. And now I'm happy to say that it can. Yay!

So yeah, expect The Sims 4 Direct Controls to be coming in the next couple of weeks, and when that happens I'll return to update this mod with the pending translations and some new features. Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates if you're interested at all. I'll be posting about my game projects there aswell. And thank you all for the support and the kind messages!
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 26th May 2019 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QuackGames
Just wanted to drop a quick update that yes, I am working on a Sims 4 version of this mod, alongside my current indie game project. It's not ready yet as there are still some problems to be fixed, but I'm happy to say that I'm on the right track and I have successfully found a way to implement this into The Sims 4 (which was way more challenging than expected). It has been over a month since my last update on this mod, and this is the reason why. I didn't want to say or promise anything before I was absolutely certain that it could be done. And now I'm happy to say that it can. Yay!

So yeah, expect The Sims 4 Direct Controls to be coming in the next couple of weeks, and when that happens I'll return to update this mod with the pending translations and some new features. Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates if you're interested at all. I'll be posting about my game projects there aswell. And thank you all for the support and the kind messages!

OMG I can't wait
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#214 Old 27th May 2019 at 5:42 AM
GTA meets the Sims lol
Lab Assistant
#215 Old 27th May 2019 at 4:53 PM

You're joking right? TS4 with its first person update, and wasd movement mod is going to be what I wanted the sims series to be, sounds too good to be true. Some cruel joke you just made.
Test Subject
#216 Old 28th May 2019 at 9:03 AM
Mod is awesome, I have some suggestion if you are willing to listen any: it would be better for the sake of immersion to make the camera bump with walls/objects, I like to play with full walls on but there are a lot times that you can't see anything, especially when navigating inside small rooms, because the camera clipped through wall. Also, I think is a little bit odd when your sim is talking to another and the camera drift 90° degrees to the side, I wouldn't mind this too much if the camera could detect walls and just accommodating itself to keep in the same room, controllable zoom would be good too when interacting with other sim. Other thing that I've noted is that I found hard to walk near pools without mistakenly the sim jumping inside.
Test Subject
#217 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:24 PM
This is a brilliant mod thank you!
is it possible to add a first person variation?
that would be really fun!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#218 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dzaster
This is a brilliant mod thank you!
is it possible to add a first person variation?
that would be really fun!

On The Sims 3, adding a first person camera wouldn't be an easy task. If possible, at all. I am, however, developing a Direct Controls mod for The Sims 4, which does support the game's first person view. If you're interested, the new mod is due to release in a few days.
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 10:25 AM
On The Sims 3, adding a first person camera wouldn't be an easy task. If possible, at all. I am, however, developing a Direct Controls mod for The Sims 4, which does support the game's first person view. If you're interested, the new mod is due to release in a few days.

Thank you, i can't wait :D
Test Subject
#220 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 5:33 AM
Quack Games firstly, great mod, love it... secondly I believe you are the one for this job: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...p?topic=24364.0 I would love to see a routine scripting mod for TS3... just an idea... keep it up!
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 3:28 AM
I LOVE this mod, but is there a way to change key mapping? I've used WASF in so many games for so long that WASD is just never going to feel comfortable. They're the very first buttons I change in an omnidirectional game. :3 Great work, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#222 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sychogrl
I LOVE this mod, but is there a way to change key mapping? I've used WASF in so many games for so long that WASD is just never going to feel comfortable. They're the very first buttons I change in an omnidirectional game. :3 Great work, though.

WASF? That's a weird one. Implementing a key binding interface isn't really feasable. But luckly, The Sims 3's keyboard trigger system is pretty straightfoward. You can easily edit the keys if you open the QuackGames_ThirdPerson.package file with S3PE . Open the package and go down to the ThirdPersonMovement.triggers file, and you'll see something like this:

Here you can clearly see all the mapped keys of the mod. Just right-click this file and go Export -> To File... to export it into a .triggers file. Save it anywhere in your computer, just don't rename it. Edit the exported file with Notepad++ or any text file editor, and change the following line:

from
?shift ?control d = MoveRight
to
?shift ?control f = MoveRight

Yeah, it's that simple. Once you've changed and saved the file, just import it back to the package by right-clicking anywhere in S3PE and going Import -> From File... and selecting your edited .triggers file. S3PE should automatically replace it. After that just save the package and you should be good to go. Let me know if it worked!
Test Subject
#223 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 7:00 PM
I love this mod, is there a way you could update it to be able to zoom the camera in even when driving your car so that you could place the camera either on the car, or in the car. If you could that would be so awesome, to be able to use this mod for the third person view and to drive in the car when driving instead of having the camera hovering so high above the car.
Test Subject
#224 Old 14th Jun 2019 at 7:12 PM
Being able to control the camera and then keep it in one spot while using this mod would make it so much more fun, such as if you wanted to ride on the horse with your sim, or ride in the car with your sim it would probably allow for that.
Test Subject
#225 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 10:26 PM
As soon as I installed the mod my game started crashing. It keeps crashing even after removing the mod and all my caches. Any advice?
Page 9 of 12