Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 10:13 PM
Frosty the snowman!
Advertisement
#77 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:09 PM
Dang, I'll be preordering that if it comes out. MY SIMS NEED SEASONS. *Shakes random sim by the shoulders*

Okay, so maybe not an entire expansion pack based on seasons. But I'd love a vacation thing with it!
#78 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:40 PM
Since Seasons looks real, hopefully,theyll add what they was going to in TS2, if you go in the hottub when raining,it could be your last! Get shocked by lightning and die! lol!
>: D Im evil >: D
Test Subject
#79 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:41 PM
Took them long enough.
I wonder how they fixed the weather.

If people could read my mind they would go slowly insane....O__o
Scholar
#80 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ralok_one
what kind of monster creature would come with this pack hmm

Oh, I bet it's the abominable snowman!

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#81 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 2:46 AM
i doubt it maby a type of creature that changes accordign to season
#82 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 3:54 AM
Abominable Snowman wouldn't work as they seem to like monsters that don't just eat and terrorise our sims but also change their lifestyle in some way...and the only way I can see Abominable Snowmen changing their lifestyle is sims will have to be careful when they go on those nice long walks in winter.
And sorry....I think the editor of snooty sims in male...oh well
Scholar
#83 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
Abominable Snowman wouldn't work as they seem to like monsters that don't just eat and terrorise our sims but also change their lifestyle in some way...and the only way I can see Abominable Snowmen changing their lifestyle is sims will have to be careful when they go on those nice long walks in winter.
And sorry....I think the editor of snooty sims in male...oh well

You have a point, but I still think it's possible. I'm sure they could come up with a clever lifestyle change. Yetis wouldn't have to be man-hungry.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#84 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
they can make a 'movie maker' expansion - I won't pay for it.

I won't spend my money on something that's centered around weather, either.

Good point. As fun as it'd be, it should have just been in the original game. When the sims 3 comes out they need to include cars, supernatural beings, weather, and business ppurtunities into the base game. Then it'd be worth the money. Sigh, I could go on and on about money & lack of things in the game lol.
Test Subject
#85 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 6:12 AM
Wow Am I slow or what? I just found out about this...well atleast the EP picture slip up haha. I seriously have been waiting for this since the sims 2 came out. I just hope its real, I think there will be a lot of unhappy fans if its not. Atleast I will be mad haha.

*edit* Wow, I think I need some coffee or something. I just noticed I was the first post for this... :frying:
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 6:58 AM
If it is just weather, I'll buy it, but I'd be a bit annoyed if it was still $40 (AU). Vacations might make it worth the $40, but I don't know. I'd hafta hear/see more about it to make up my mind.

My name is Loren.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#87 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 7:57 AM
Id love to see seasons as well, and Im sure some hack maker could make them controlable if they didnt do it themselves. I think this would be nice becuase wed definitely be getting objects and clothing and hair and more than just one hting like Pets.
Test Subject
#88 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 10:05 PM
I'd love to see seasons and pets. I've been waiting for this for so long, lol.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 8:09 AM
I'll join the chorus that say it would be nice to see weather, and possibly seasons (tho I care less about seasons), but that is hardly big enough theme for a whole expansion pack. Vacation maybe, but I don't care about that. This one will stay on the store shelf for me. Well, you can't please everyone.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 9:49 AM
It already seems we're getting our crops back, and can FISH. So even with just that, its not just weather. This looks like a good expansion. (and if it was in the Pets expansion, its DONE)
#91 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 1:42 PM
Default Complete translation
Since I'm from a neighbouring country, I'm providing the to the letter translation. Not that there is anything wrong with the one that's out there, I just like keeping it on top ^^

Quote:
Outdoor entertainment - All year round
Give your sims a break and get them out of the house. This new
expansionpack for The SimsTM 2 lets you take your sims outdoors,
where they can throw themselves out in seasonbased activities, like
snowballfights, croquet and fun games like Marco Polo and much more. They
can also play in the spring rain, fish in their own ponds and grow
rare fruits with unexpected results. Either if you build them a small
winter villa or a summer cottage, they will enjoy every single season - but watch
out for the unpredictable weather!

A snowballfight is where you mold snow in your hands to a ball and throw it at someone. If you're hit, you're out. Last man standing wins.

Croquet is where you knock wooden balls with a stick almost shaped like an upside-down hammer. You do this through metal gates, shaped like this:
_
| |
The aim of the game is to hit the wooden peg at the end after going through all the gates.
#92 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 4:46 PM
Dang, I think I'm getting more excited about this then Pets. :frying:
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 5:23 PM
Im unsure about this one as Im not interested in having seasons in my game but it will probably grow on me

@ granateple:The English name of that game is croquet

Dont forget to thank, it makes people feel better to know that you appreciate their hard work :)
Test Subject
#94 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 5:27 PM
if it has anything to do with vacations i'll love it! Vacation was my famourite sims 1 ep, I loved being able to take them, check into a hotel and pick a room and stuff
#95 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 5:30 PM
I'm still wondering over if the body-skill affects the throwingspeed in a snowballfight.
Imagine being a skinny child-sim being hit by a snowball from a 10-body adult. Ouch.
Or maybe they'll use AI to avoid owies for the little ones? *wonders*
Test Subject
#96 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 7:28 PM
I was wondering about the supernatural creature, too. If it's just Yeti/snowman, I'd be dissapointed. The best thing I could come up with was a dryad; since that way it would change with the seasons etc, and I imagine they could find some interesting pluses and minuses for it

Anyways, I think it sounds interesting if they do it right My sister thinks she's a prodigy now because "HOMG I thought it would be a good idea like two years ago and now its REAL! I should totally work for EA!"

Yes, they will probably need to really flesh it out, but who knows? I could see it working.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 1:54 AM
I would love to have weather, I have no longings for extra NCP’s; example- Abominable Snowmen (arghh! no please) but weather would be the icing on the cake. I don’t care if it’s raining at one place and snowing at another, this is my game, I am God, and the weather would fall into my time zone. Snow would allow Christmas and the rest would add fun. Although, power failures are not common in the UK so they would become tiresome real quick.
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolh5000
if it has anything to do with vacations i'll love it! Vacation was my famourite sims 1 ep, I loved being able to take them, check into a hotel and pick a room and stuff

As long as we don't get complete strangers wandering into our rooms, or worse, kids wandering in while my sims are on their honeymoon lol

My name is Loren.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 2:23 PM
maybe the season just happend in vacation place, not in our neighbourhood? just like sims1 vacation town, there are sunny beaches, rain forrest(sort of) and snowy places? so we don't have to deal with lotA winter and lotB summer?

but raining, i think it can happend in our own lots, and i'd really like my sims to fish in pond and grow fruits! too bad "pets" EP doesn't come with farm.
Scholar
#100 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 6:42 PM
A new Ep already?
Page 4 of 8