Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 7:24 AM
As Jo says, the called Sim is actually on the lot.
Peni - I have seen Sims turning up when being called and they can be greeted, but this is different. The called Sim appears next to the caller. Called Sim also holds a phone - and when you direct the caller to hang up, the called Sim vanishes.
Advertisement
Theorist
#77 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 10:16 AM
In my game the called sim doesn't hold a phone. He just shows up on the lot.
I don't have outdated hacks in my game.
I didn't have this glitch until recently.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#78 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The sim should be there invisibly. I've never actually seen the sim.

Yes, that's right - the game calls the sim to the lot and the conversation takes place. You can see that they're there using transporters like Inge's cat or visitor controller. However, if something happens that makes them become uninvisible, it's either a glitch (relatively rare) or a problem or conflicting hack.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#79 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:09 PM
I never see them turn up. There's generally a lot going on in one of my households, with the person on the phone the least interesting thing on it, so I'll just suddenly notice that this person who called somebody is here now, acting like any other visitor. It only happens during the evening rush of phone calls in a busy house, and I've assumed it had something to do with the phone calls piling up on top of each other.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#80 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 2:15 PM
Same here. The Sim it happens too is a popularity Sim with 30+ best friends, and it's always during the 6pm-rush of calls from friends wanting to chat or invite her downtown.

Sounds like you probably had a different version of this problem Justpetro, since yours went away when you hang up the phone. Seems reasonable to be caused by a default replacement, probably messed with the invisibility-part of the calling Sim. But it's sort of calming to know lots of people see this problem. It's still really annoying, but makes me a tad less worried about it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#81 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, that's right - the game calls the sim to the lot and the conversation takes place. You can see that they're there using transporters like Inge's cat or visitor controller. However, if something happens that makes them become uninvisible, it's either a glitch (relatively rare) or a problem or conflicting hack.

I should also add that this is why it's a bad idea to save and exit the lot when sims are on the phone - because there are random invisible sims on lot. If there's a reset or something, this can cause problems.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#82 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 5:39 PM
Yes, @gummilutt - all my called Sims showed up, in every household - all the time. It has definitely stopped.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#83 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 10:43 PM
That's freaky that you see them all the time like that Justpetro.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#84 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 10:47 PM
Jo - it was kind of funny the first time - but then it did get a bit weird! I wish I knew which default to blame, but I don't. Each time I try default replacements, something weird seems to happen (I do have one replacement hair , default replacement skins, makeup and a couple of others - I'd say not more than 12 in total, that all seem to work perfectly, though). Maybe I am just great at downloading the wrong ones!
Mad Poster
#85 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 10:50 PM
I would contact a priest to perform an exorcism on your computer and/or Sims 2 disc, just to be on the safe side.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#86 Old 24th Aug 2016 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I would contact a priest to perform an exorcism on your computer and/or Sims 2 disc, just to be on the safe side.

I'll dirnk to that one
Undead Molten Llama
#87 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:08 AM
I have this happen sometimes in that the Sim that is called is visible on the lot for the duration of the phone call. It makes a bit of sense in a way in that whenever a Sim calls another, the called Sim IS actually summoned to the lot that the playable Sim is on. So, that happens with every phone call. It's just that usually the called Sim is invisible when summoned. On occasion, they'll be visible for the length of the phone call and then disappear from the lot when the call is finished, though. I see this happen randomly on occasion in my game, here and there, never in a pattern and never with same caller or call-ee, so I think it's just a random hiccup.

However, I've never had the called Sim be summoned to a lot and then stay on as a visitor. I think that's an entirely different thing because, although a phone call IS supposed to summon the called Sim as part of normal game functioning, it isn't supposed to make the called Sim an actual lot visitor. That's abnormal game behavior and, yeah, probably means that something is screwy somewhere...although I suppose it might be convenient if you intended to invite over the called Sim anyway.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:19 AM
So that means there was actually nothing wrong and they may show up again in my game
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Kaylynn-Is-Typing : 27th Dec 2023 at 2:10 AM. Reason: Updated link & title, added edit note
No More ALfixes!
EDIT (DEC. 26TH, 2023): Updated link. Download remains the same. Happy simming!

Almost 60 months later, I've managed to finally put an end in Pescado's dictatorship, by fully replacing alfixes!
With EVERYONE'S input on this thread, I've compiled a list with all the mods mentioned here, with a few other critical fixes and my own alfixes' extracted features! Not sure I'm making myself clear, so here's the link with all the info!
https://engagementscenario.tumblr.c...xes-replacement

I'd like to personally thank everyone involved here! I hope you're having a nice day, and thank you for your help on the matter!
Mad Poster
#90 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 7:42 PM
I went to read your post to see if there was something I didn't have, and was very surprised to see my own name pop up in the list. It's so long ago I completely forgot that I was involved in this, but always fun to stumble upon something you made being mentioned and still used, so thank you for the smile

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#91 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:22 PM
Thanks for this @EduPie!

Also, if anyone still does want to continue using ALfixes, I have been using this for a long time with no issues:
https://slig.dreamwidth.org/33808.html
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 2:25 AM
You are not deleting a sims character file when you delete their instance off a lot. If something happened to them it's because something else was going on. I would immediately have run Hood Checker.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#95 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EduPie
Almost 60 months later, I've managed to finally put an end in Pescado's dictatorship, by fully replacing alfixes!
With EVERYONE'S input on this thread, I've compiled a list with all the mods mentioned here, with a few other critical fixes and my own alfixes' extracted features! Not sure I'm making myself clear, so here's the link with all the info!
https://kaylynn-is-typing.tumblr.co...xes-replacement

I'd like to personally thank everyone involved here! I hope you're having a nice day, and thank you for your help on the matter!

Nice, thanks!
Field Researcher
#96 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaylynn-Is-Typing
https://kaylynn-is-typing.tumblr.co...xes-replacement

Is there anywhere else to get this info? The tumblr has been deleted and all the posts are gone.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#97 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroboys008
Is there anywhere else to get this info? The tumblr has been deleted and all the posts are gone.

It's viewable on the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/2022112...xes-replacement
And the download link is still active:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/143255/
Mad Poster
#98 Old 26th Dec 2023 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's viewable on the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/2022112...xes-replacement
And the download link is still active:
https://simfileshare.net/folder/143255/

Very helpful, please keep this alive! Pescado's mods were helpful, but they often came with stuff we didn't want. It's awesome to have alternatives that fit our playstyles and won't make witches unable to walk on slopes. Wonder why bathroom uses you does that though...
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 27th Dec 2023 at 1:49 AM Last edited by Kaylynn-Is-Typing : 27th Dec 2023 at 2:07 AM. Reason: Correcting information, adding the correct links, yadda yadda yadda
New link & clarifications
My bad... Not only did I changed* my Tumblr username, I deleted the original post thinking the Belladovah reblog would suffice. But now I see that all the info under the cut got lost 🤡

It's now @engagementscenario. I thought it made for a more creative, Sims-2-related-username, along with a visual rebranding that's less "#quirky 🤪" and also easier on the eye (after a very valid complaint from Rudhira on this post).

But none of this really matters, let's cut to the chase.

You can find the original post here, and in my opinion, most importantly, the "Deluxe" version by Belladovah here.

You are all more than welcome to suggest more mods to replace it, and I'll add them to the main list. Or if you do it through Tumblr, reblog your additions
I'll also update the main post in this thread with the updated link.

Sorry for the panic and happy simming!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 27th Dec 2023 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Very helpful, please keep this alive! Pescado's mods were helpful, but they often came with stuff we didn't want. It's awesome to have alternatives that fit our playstyles and won't make witches unable to walk on slopes. Wonder why bathroom uses you does that though...

I have trouble understanding what it does, too.

Although I have heard that it automatically directs Sims to the toilet when they need to, and that they may also autonomously take a shower afterwards? Or that would be a bonus feature if used alongside one of his sleep mods?
Don't take my word for it, I haven't tested it out in my game and probably never will!
Page 4 of 6